HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Well...it's done. I changed my all mighty HF bookmark from the Thrashers page to the Predators page.

sigh.

Here's to the draft, free agency, and a great organization who has their **** together. Looking forward to taking my son (may not be next season as he is only 10 months) to Smashville for weekend trips.
In my experience, games with 9 and 10 month olds were a LOT easier than games with 2 year olds. Sure there's the diapering, no picnic in any public bathroom, but they are much less mobile. FYI there are "family" bathroom setups at Bridgestone and there are earplugs for little ones at guest services.

My granddaughter is 3 now. I'll probably chance a preseason game with her just to see how things go. I took my daughter to her first hockey game at 3 and she did fine.

Old
06-21-2011, 11:55 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
In my experience, games with 9 and 10 month olds were a LOT easier than games with 2 year olds.
I 2nd that. I have a 5 year old, 3 year old, and a 2 year old. Our 5 year old went to games from 2 months on, but after our 3 year old was born I think I have probably only been to about 10 games as it became impossible with a 3 year old a 1 year old and a baby.

My advice go while you can. I only went to one game this year with my oldest.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
you can road trip with DJ4aces and I to nashville!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Sweet! I'm in.
Definitely can't wait to meet you both!

Old
06-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Woah. I was reading through the Atlanta forums and saw a thread about Winnepeg fans trying to convince you guys to stay. There is some serious animosity going on in there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freibahlen
I look forward to any team absolutely pulling the 'Peg teams' pants down and giving them a swift kick right back to the vulturous wasteland from whence they came. I wish the best for the Thrashers players... but only in a Thrashers sweater. Otherwise, suck it.

May your sticks go cold and your goal horn be the least used in the league.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
KevFist
is best pony

yeah, there's a few Peggers trying to sweep under the rug some really nasty things they've said about us for about 3 years on the BoH. some of them are expressing thier "condolences" repeatedly.

I was really getting tired of the "sorry you guys are losing your team" threads anyway. Seems kinda pedantic.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Woah. I was reading through the Atlanta forums and saw a thread about Winnepeg fans trying to convince you guys to stay. There is some serious animosity going on in there....
Yeah, there's been some more of the bad emotions coming out in the last day or so. I'll admit, I'm not totally innocent (but not to this extent).

While maybe not the classiest thing to do, I'm sure others can understand why some of us are upset today. And there's been some piling on from those on the other side of the fence, but that's mostly on the BoH board (big surprise).

But it's officially done now.
<insert sappy metaphor/quote saying goodbye>

Old
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
I remember that animosity from 4 years ago. The resentment fades some, but I don't think it'll ever go away completely for me. Some of the worst vitriol I've ever seen spewed--worse than youtube comments--became a regular part of OUR forums and then some Hamiltonians and their supporters thought they would/should be welcomed. The gall. After some of the things that were said to and about our fanbase by supposed hockey fans representing certain markets and media outlets, if the Preds had left there is NO WAY I'd have supported them in Hamilton. I'd have cheered for the players...when they left Hamilton to go elsewhere.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Juneemoon

Should we all huddle over here while the 'Peggers burn cars?

Old
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
I remember that animosity from 4 years ago. The resentment fades some, but I don't think it'll ever go away completely for me. Some of the worst vitriol I've ever seen spewed--worse than youtube comments--became a regular part of OUR forums and then some Hamiltonians and their supporters thought they would/should be welcomed. The gall. After some of the things that were said to and about our fanbase by supposed hockey fans representing certain markets and media outlets, if the Preds had left there is NO WAY I'd have supported them in Hamilton. I'd have cheered for the players...when they left Hamilton to go elsewhere.
The biggest drawback, unfortunately; anonimity of the internet that leads to boldness/conviction that a good majority couldn't even come close to pulling off in person.

I'll stick with fans that "get it".
For those that don't, I'll just ignore them (or use 38 years worth of skills in sarcasm to make them look the fool or hang themselves with their own words).

Like you, it's more about the team for me. I'll still appreciate the Thrashers players that I grew fond of watching (much like I do now with players on other teams). But I won't fret over or care too much about unfulfilled potential or slumps or injuries or stats or wins or losses.
The "team" dynamic of my fandom is now officially gone.

Time to start growing another one.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:54 PM
KevFist
is best pony

The worst part is we endured three years of "You don't deserve a team. We do. Nobody in your city knows what hockey is. You're a bunch of ignorant hicks. Nobody in your town likes pro sports anyway. They call out icing in the arena? Wow! you guys are dumb!" and now it's all "Look what awesome people we are. Sorry you lost your team. I'm gonna go mortgage my house to commit to 3 years of tickets. What? you say the team needs a right winger? Let's go sign a goalie."

there are a lot of really cool people over there, but I DO remember the ones that have been less than sincere. It feels kinda cathartic now that it's all over. I'm just happy to have a new home here with you guys and be a fan of an organization that actually cares about it's ticket holders. You guys have really gone above and beyond.

Old
06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
thomas magnum

Well it's unanimous, I'm officially a Nashville Predators fan.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

We're happy to have you all.

I refer to Minnesota as Leipold's Trophy Team. (You know, younger, prettier numbers, more fans--for awhile anyway). We'll need to come up with some snarky name for that northern team. I submit the "Picaroons" or maybe the "Reverse Carpetbaggers".

Old
06-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I put in a vote for calling them the Mountees.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
The worst part is we endured three years of "You don't deserve a team. We do. Nobody in your city knows what hockey is. You're a bunch of ignorant hicks. Nobody in your town likes pro sports anyway. They call out icing in the arena? Wow! you guys are dumb!" and now it's all "Look what awesome people we are. Sorry you lost your team. I'm gonna go mortgage my house to commit to 3 years of tickets. What? you say the team needs a right winger? Let's go sign a goalie."

there are a lot of really cool people over there, but I DO remember the ones that have been less than sincere. It feels kinda cathartic now that it's all over. I'm just happy to have a new home here with you guys and be a fan of an organization that actually cares about it's ticket holders. You guys have really gone above and beyond.
Is there going to be or has there been a gathering of Thrashers fans to commemorate the passing of the Thrashers?

Old
06-21-2011, 09:05 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Time to close the ol' tab and revise bookmarks.

It's a bit like looking at a repossessed house, and saying "I lived there, once upon a time."

I saw it coming, but it still hurts. Even now, with it being "official."

Old
06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
I put in a vote for calling them the Mountees.
Good, because when we're finished with them, we can call them the Mounted.

Old
06-21-2011, 09:51 PM
darrens18

now officially a preds fan

Old
06-21-2011, 10:00 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post

It's a bit like looking at a repossessed house, and saying "I lived there, once upon a time."

Indeed.... i just logged into HFB and was like "where do I go?"

Old
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post

To me, it feels like somebody came unexpected in the middle of the night, beat the crap out of me, threw me face-first onto the sidewalk and started living in my house.
The sad nostalgic musing and longing for the past comes later on for me.

But at least we don't have to be homeless for long thanks to the mighty fine folks here. They've got many extra beds, a ton of cold beer, friendly fans and an organization that actually cares. Can't ask for more than that.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:15 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I'm just ready for the season to get going and some games to get played so I can actually talk about the team

Old
06-21-2011, 10:17 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
To me, it feels like somebody came unexpected in the middle of the night, beat the crap out of me, threw me face-first onto the sidewalk and started living in my house.
The sad nostalgic musing and longing for the past comes later on for me.

But at least we don't have to be homeless for long thanks to the mighty fine folks here. They've got many extra beds, a ton of cold beer, friendly fans and an organization that actually cares. Can't ask for more than that.
At the very beginning, I felt that way too. But hell, with all the lights that have shone lately and the doors that have opened, I guess it's accelerated my "cope" factor. I look at it in the past tense, not because it's over, but because it's time to move on.

I can't look at that house and say "I lived there" anymore. I've gotta look at my own house, and say "home sweet home."

I'm extremely grateful for the fine people here for hosting us refugees. It's like keeping the group together. No matter what happened, I didn't want to lose everyone from the Thrashers forum. Thanks to the wonderful people here at the Preds forum, I won't. Thank you all.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I think I speak for everyone when I say we are more than happy to have you. I would get into some sort of sappy and cliché statement about how terrible I feel about it (and I do), but something tells me you've had enough of those and just want to move on.

Continuing the whole homeless reference, I look at Prednation as an apartment complex with about 14324521 empty rooms until you guys showed up. Plenty of room in this building. It's like a frat with less alcohol and less preppy clothes. ummm...never mind about the alcohol part. But you get the point.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:30 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I kind of migrated to the devils board. I guess they're now my Eastern Conference team for a year until Nashville comes over in realignment. They're good guys, but the Nashville boards are probably the coolest dudes. Guess because of the southern hospitality, heheh.

Today was really only a formality for me, to be honest I skated all day. This still hasn't caught up with me and seeing the board I called my Internet home renamed to Winnipeg, Manitoba was unreal. Unreal is the only way I can really describe it, but it's all too real.

I feel like I'm in this weird Twilight Zone of emotions, I'm sad, I'm angry at times, at other I don't care at all. Eventually on opening night when there's no puck drop, that's when it'll set in.

Hockey's not dead here but for the foreseeable future the NHL is.

Old
06-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

proud to call myself a nash jersey fan now. i get to be comrades with the nicest fans i've ever met and the only board that's crazier than ours was...love it

i'm done trying to be nice to the peggers. especially now that it's official too many asshats that don't know what they're talking about. can't stand the "lolz it's an expansion roster!!?" comments. a ****ing expansion team doesn't have players like little and enstrom, ladd and slater.

they can keep kane and byfuglien. treat them like gods. let enstrom and little, the real best players on the team, go to a team where i won't barf watching them. give me my players back.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:35 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I remember seeing that. I remember thinking I could possibly follow the Preds if they left, but then I realized that I would just freaking hate them then and join a southern team.

Closed Thread