HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors Thread: The Sequel

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Do not give up on Petrovic!!

Where did these petrovic rumours start even? just here?

Old
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post

No rumors, just opinions.

Old
06-21-2011, 04:40 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

Everyone seems to be high on him.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:37 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:

Petrovic is our Halak...

Remember when that guy was always thrown around in the Trade Rumors board, along with a second rounder, to get a better player ?

I'll wait for Alex to make his pro debut, he looks like one diamond in a rough !

Old
06-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Would you do Bjugstad, Petrovic, Repik, Bergfors and #3 for #1?
That's a really good offer but like I said before, it's quality over quantity. The Oilers don't need wingers. We have plenty of them, therefore Petrovic and Bjugstad are the only pieces that intrigue me and I'm a huge Bergfors fan. I liked him since he was on the devils and hope that he can be a 30 goal scorer one day for you guys, he has the potential IMO. I think both teams would be better off not making a trade. You guys will have to give up quality prospects just to get that first and that doesn't really make sense for you guys. You're better off with the third and the Oilers are better off with taking RNH.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:56 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 120
Quote:
You must have lost your damn mind son!
Why in the hell would you even mention such blasphemy?
I mean really!

Old
06-21-2011, 06:16 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Oilers fans must be living in a dream if they think they'll get anything even close to Gudbranson. 3rd + 33rd + Petrovic is a huge overpayment imo. 33 is basically a 1st, and Petrovic could easily have been a 1st round pick last year. Moving two spots up for that price isn't worth it. Rather keep our assets. The difference between 1st and 3rd this draft is slim, even if most scout would prefer RNH. But if a deal would go down, then the Oilers must value another player as much or close to as much as RNH, and the assets given up reflect more than the difference between drafting 1st or 3rd (which isn't much imo).

We'll see what happens, but I think will stay at 3rd overall. And I think it's the wisest choice too.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
No, and neither would Tallon.

06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
That's a really good offer but like I said before, it's quality over quantity. The Oilers don't need wingers. We have plenty of them, therefore Petrovic and Bjugstad are the only pieces that intrigue me and I'm a huge Bergfors fan. I liked him since he was on the devils and hope that he can be a 30 goal scorer one day for you guys, he has the potential IMO. I think both teams would be better off not making a trade. You guys will have to give up quality prospects just to get that first and that doesn't really make sense for you guys. You're better off with the third and the Oilers are better off with taking RNH.
That is waaaay more than it would cost
Petrovic and Bjugstad is quality, and the difference between drafting 1st and 3rd is slim. GET IT!

Old
06-21-2011, 06:27 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
You must have lost your damn mind son!
Why in the hell would you even mention such blasphemy?
I mean really!
RElax, just showing you how much Edmonton fans value the #1 pick.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:28 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
No, and neither would Tallon.
I was asking an Edmonton fan, not Tallon.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
That's not quantity over quality, that's ridiculous overpayment. Bjugstad won't be added in such a deal, much less the other pieces included.

Why the hell would anyone want to move both of those guys anyway???

Old
06-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Quote:
I was asking an Edmonton fan, not Tallon.
Who cares what Edmonton fans think? Same thing as what Panther fans think about their players. Do you never travel over to the Trade boards? Fans value players picks far more than they tend to actually be.

Not a knock on them or trying to be rude, but if Tambo decides it's better to move the pick for #3 and #33, he'll do that, whether the fans think it's smart or not.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:31 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
That's right.. the fans.. that clearly has no sense of fair value. I read an Oiler fan who said that he only would be okay with this deal: 1st overall for 3rd overall + 33 + Gudbranson How pathetically sad..

It's just because it's the 1st overall they value it so high. They forget that the difference in drafting RNH, Larsson, Landeskog, Huberdeau or Couturier is small at this point, even if most scouts would pick RNH first.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Everyone seems to be high on him.
Yes, i've liked him before last years draft and was so happy we picked him

Old
06-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
That is waaaay more than it would cost
Petrovic and Bjugstad is quality, and the difference between drafting 1st and 3rd is slim. GET IT!
I even said it's a good offer but from the Oilers side, I don't know if I would do it or not. It's a really good offer but the thing is, Bergfors and Repik aren't needed. We already have Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, Hemsky as our top 4 wingers. Where exactly would Bergfors fit in? I wont lie, I'm not that high on Bjugstad, IMO he will be a thirld line centermen but has the potential to be a second line centermen. Petrovic is the most interesting part of that deal (along with the third of course). The Oilers lack D and coming out with Petrovic, Huberdeau and Bjugstad would be pretty sweet. I guess if it was Petrovic, Bjugstad and Huberdeau for RNH, I'd do it. Bergfors and Repik aren't needed.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
That's right.. the fans.. that clearly has no sense of fair value. I read an Oiler fan who said that he only would be okay with this deal: 1st overall for 3rd overall + 33 + Gudbranson How pathetically sad..

It's just because it's the 1st overall they value it so high. They forget that the difference in drafting RNH, Larsson, Landeskog, Huberdeau or Couturier is small at this point, even if most scouts would pick RNH first.
I don't think you get the point. Stop looking at it from one side. If you have the first overall would you trade it for the third and the 33rd pick? Most Oilers fans know what they are getting with RNH, all we've done is reading scouting reports, watch him etc. and we know what kind of potential he has. There is reason why your own GM wants to move up and try to draft him. The Oilers aren't just going to hand down the 1st to the Panthers, it's going to have to be an overpayment and the Panthers shouldn't do that because all that's going to do is screw there team over when they could get a good player with the third overall.

It's also not as small as you think it is. RNH is the consensus for a reason, he is the best player in this draft. I think Larsson/Huberdeau/Landeskog are all in the same boat but IMO, RNH has separated himself from the pack.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

It's not just the fans. But this Edmonton poster is responding and he's a fan, not Edmonton management. RNH is the consensus #1.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
I don't think you get the point. Stop looking at it from one side. If you have the first overall would you trade it for the third and the 33rd pick? Most Oilers fans know what they are getting with RNH, all we've done is reading scouting reports, watch him etc. and we know what kind of potential he has. There is reason why your own GM wants to move up and try to draft him. The Oilers aren't just going to hand down the 1st to the Panthers, it's going to have to be an overpayment and the Panthers shouldn't do that because all that's going to do is screw there team over when they could get a good player with the third overall.

It's also not as small as you think it is. RNH is the consensus for a reason, he is the best player in this draft. I think Larsson/Huberdeau/Landeskog are all in the same boat but IMO, RNH has separated himself from the pack.
No, I think your wrong. RNH may have separated himself from the other four, but that doesn't mean he is miles ahead of them. I for one, think Couturier has the chance to be just as good as him or even better.

3rd and 33rd is a pretty fair offer, because this draft is divided into groups. It's a top 9 in this draft like most scouts have said, and then there's a deep draft all the way through the second round. The player you pick at 33rd could be as good as number 19, the talentlevel is so close. And you don't know if someones gonna slide for some reason. You would get a great prospect at 33, who easily could have been a 1st rounder, maybe even a top20 selection. Like Bob McKenzie said: "There's a top 9 in this draft, where anyone can go anywhere" (even if RNH is is the better prospect). And I think people are underrating Larsson and Couturier massively on this boards, along with Strome.

I'd rather stay at 3rd if the price is anything even close to what Oiler fans are hoping for.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:51 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
It's not just the fans. But this Edmonton poster is responding and he's a fan, not Edmonton management. RNH is the consensus #1.
What?

RNH might be the one that most would take 1st, but he isn't that much better than the rest. If you think so you are kidding yourself. The talent-level between him and Larsson/Huberdeau/Couturier/Landeskog isn't that far off, even if 9 of 10 scouts would take RNH first.

A month ago 6 of 10 scouts Bob talked to had RNH as the highest ranked prospect, he hasn't played a game since then.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
No, I think your wrong. RNH may have separated himself from the other four, but that doesn't mean he is miles ahead of them. I for one, think Couturier has the chance to be just as good as him or even better.

3rd and 33rd is a pretty fair offer, because this draft is divided into groups. It's a top 9 in this draft like most scouts have said, and then there's a deep draft all the way through the second round. The player you pick at 33rd could be as good as number 19, the talentlevel is so close. And you don't know if someones gonna slide for some reason. You would get a great prospect at 33, who easily could have been a 1st rounder, maybe even a top20 selection. Like Bob McKenzie said: "There's a top 9 in this draft, where anyone can go anywhere" (even if RNH is is the better prospect). And I think people are underrating Larsson and Couturier massively on this boards, along with Strome.

I'd rather stay at 3rd if the price is anything even close to what Oiler fans are hoping for.
That's fair enough. At this moment though, RNH is considered to be the BPA is he not? I think we can both agree on that. I never said he is miles ahead of them, I think he has seperated himself from the pack which is pretty big when picking 1st overall. It's always good to have a player that's a clear cut number 1 pick. I don't think it's as close as you think it is though. The talent level anywhere from 12-25th is close but then there's a drop from there. Do you think someone like Percy can be just as good as someone like Oleksiak or Klefbom? I agree that Couturier and Strome get underrated on these boards but I don't think any of them are in contention for the first overall pick. The only people that can contend for the first overall this year are RNH -- Huberdeau, Landeskog and Larsson. Then there's a slight drop from there where you have players like Couturier, Strome, Hamilton etc.

Old
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I'm sorry guys but everyone is in a serious panic right now over this situation. Let's all step back and take a breath, shall we?

There really is no way that we give Edmonton anything significant to trade up. This is NOT like last year's draft and the years where there was an Ovechkin or a Crosby or whoever, there is no consensus #1. Clearly, we do see RNH as OUR number 1 and Tallon wants to make sure we keep him.

Remember when Dudley traded with Pittsburgh so they could get Fleury? What did we get in that deal? Samuelsson and picks? It's not a big jump and obviously the Oilers feel like they can still get there man at #3 if they're considering trading the first overall.

There is no way Grudbransson or Petrovic or any other high-end prospect of ours will be involved in the deal, I really just don't see it happening. Tallon wouldn't take a couple of steps backwards but if Vokoun is involved I can see that being a very real deal. I'm hoping something gets done because if Tallon is that serious about RNH (who knows maybe Huberdeau is the consensus #1 and everyone is just being very hush hush about it), if DT is that serious enough to make a push for the #1 overall, well this is only the predecessor for a great summer of excitement for the Florida Panthers.

Old
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:

Would have been better then what we got in 02 and 03

Old
06-21-2011, 07:11 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
That's fair enough. At this moment though, RNH is considered to be the BPA is he not? I think we can both agree on that. I never said he is miles ahead of them, I think he has seperated himself from the pack which is pretty big when picking 1st overall. It's always good to have a player that's a clear cut number 1 pick. I don't think it's as close as you think it is though. The talent level anywhere from 12-25th is close but then there's a drop from there. Do you think someone like Percy can be just as good as someone like Oleksiak or Klefbom? I agree that Couturier and Strome get underrated on these boards but I don't think any of them are in contention for the first overall pick. The only people that can contend for the first overall this year are RNH -- Huberdeau, Landeskog and Larsson. Then there's a slight drop from there where you have players like Couturier, Strome, Hamilton etc.
I disagree. Couturier could still imo fight for the 1st overall, he is so underrated by everyone. Suffering from being in the spotlight for too long, so instead of looking at his talents.. scouts seem to look for what he needs to improve on. People say he had a disappointing... Well, I'd say they're wrong: making team Canada as the only draft-eligible prospect, scoring 96 points in less games, playing on a "weak" team and suffered from mono earlier in this season. He is the first player since Crosby to win the QMJHL scoring title as a 17 year old.

And about the depth, it's deep until at least 50. Look what prospects Bob has ranked from 40-50 (Mayfield, Prince, Khokhlachev). All of them have been ranked in the first round in the last couple of months.

Old
06-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
I can't believe some of these proposals I'm seeing...like I said, if anything thinks it will be more than the #3 + prospect and/or the #33, you have to be kidding me. Edmonton WILL STILL BE GETTING THE GUY THEY WANT. All this move does is allow Edmonton to gain assets instead of just keeping #1 and getting that same guy. Why wouldn't Edmonton trade it? It only gives them more pieces.

Gudbranson? Markstrom? Petrovic? lol

Closed Thread