HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors Thread: The Sequel

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Ice Whole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
What?

RNH might be the one that most would take 1st, but he isn't that much better than the rest. If you think so you are kidding yourself. The talent-level between him and Larsson/Huberdeau/Couturier/Landeskog isn't that far off, even if 9 of 10 scouts would take RNH first.

A month ago 6 of 10 scouts Bob talked to had RNH as the highest ranked prospect, he hasn't played a game since then.
Just watch this video.http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=118660

In just the first minute, Tambellini, our own GM stated that he already has a good idea as to who he is going to pick and in order to acquire that pick it's going to have to be a huge overpayment. It has to be to the point where it's a no brainer for the Oilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
I'm sorry guys but everyone is in a serious panic right now over this situation. Let's all step back and take a breath, shall we?

There really is no way that we give Edmonton anything significant to trade up. This is NOT like last year's draft and the years where there was an Ovechkin or a Crosby or whoever, there is no consensus #1. Clearly, we do see RNH as OUR number 1 and Tallon wants to make sure we keep him.

Remember when Dudley traded with Pittsburgh so they could get Fleury? What did we get in that deal? Samuelsson and picks? It's not a big jump and obviously the Oilers feel like they can still get there man at #3 if they're considering trading the first overall.

There is no way Grudbransson or Petrovic or any other high-end prospect of ours will be involved in the deal, I really just don't see it happening. Tallon wouldn't take a couple of steps backwards but if Vokoun is involved I can see that being a very real deal. I'm hoping something gets done because if Tallon is that serious about RNH (who knows maybe Huberdeau is the consensus #1 and everyone is just being very hush hush about it), if DT is that serious enough to make a push for the #1 overall, well this is only the predecessor for a great summer of excitement for the Florida Panthers.
As an Oilers fan, trust me, RNH is going to be the first overall pick. He is our consensus number 1 and has been for a while. I do agree though, that I highly doubt Gubranson gets traded but it's going to have to be an overpayment.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post

In just the first minute, Tambellini, our own GM stated that he already has a good idea as to who he is going to pick and in order to acquire that pick it's going to have to be a huge overpayment. It has to be to the point where it's a no brainer for the Oilers.

As an Oilers fan, trust me, RNH is going to be the first overall pick. He is our consensus number 1 and has been for a while. I do agree though, that I highly doubt Gubranson gets traded but it's going to have to be an overpayment.
Why will it have to be an overpayment?? If your taking Nugent-Hopkins, your taking Nugent-Hopkins, end of story. The only reason these rumours even came about is that a lot of people think Tambellini wants Larsson. If that's the case and they can assure themselves of getting him at #3, why wouldn't you trade the #1? You get the guy you want + assets (another pick/prospect).

People need to re-evaluate what's been said today and think about it. The Panthers aren't trying to snag Nugent-Hopkins from Edmonton, if Edmonton wants him, they'll take him, no questions asked...that's not whats being discussed.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Why will it have to be an overpayment?? If your taking Nugent-Hopkins, your taking Nugent-Hopkins, end of story. The only reason these rumours even came about is that a lot of people think Tambellini wants Larsson. If that's the case and they can assure themselves of getting him at #3, why wouldn't you trade the #1? You get the guy you want + assets (another pick/prospect).

People need to re-evaluate what's been said today and think about it. The Panthers aren't trying to snag Nugent-Hopkins from Edmonton, if Edmonton wants him, they'll take him, no questions asked...that's not whats being discussed.
The only people that are going to be saying that Larsson is our guy are the ones that want Larsson and the only thing they have to back that up with is when Tambellini went to Sweden to watch Larsson play, he said he played really well and is a solid defender etc. but that whole thing gets blown out of proportion.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:23 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:

Of course he would say that, or he would lose his job. But then you got to define what a "huge overpayment" will be. Everyone has their opinion on what a "huge overpayment" would be.

Have you seen what we got for trading down from 1st to 3rd some years back?

Old
06-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
The only people that are going to be saying that Larsson is our guy are the ones that want Larsson and the only thing they have to back that up with is when Tambellini went to Sweden to watch Larsson play, he said he played really well and is a solid defender etc. but that whole thing gets blown out of proportion.
Imo, what's getting blown out of proportion is your thinking it'll take a fleecing for us to move up 2 (two) spots in the draft. How is Tamellini flying there to watch him play blowing anything out of proportion? He went all the way over there to watch him play, shows a clear interest on his part in Larsson.

06-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post

Or you could look at it another way, the Oilers want RNH but if someone offers them something significant then they'll accept that and give up the right to draft RNH. Tambo basically said that he'd have to receive a great package in order to trade the #1. It's fine that Tallon is inquiring about the pick, that's his job. But I don't think he's going to pay the price that Tambo wants.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Imo, this is possibly an option because Edmonton is very interested in Larsson and would take him, meaning Colorado would take RNH. But, if they somehow know that Colorado is only either going to select RNH or say Lando, Edmonton can contact Florida about moving up so they can take RNH and Edmonton gets their man AND further assets.

If Edmonton is set on RNH, they pick isn't getting moved.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Of course he would say that, or he would lose his job. But then you got to define what a "huge overpayment" will be. Everyone has their opinion on what a "huge overpayment" would be.

Have you seen what we got for trading down from 1st to 3rd some years back?
He also is listening to offers because if he didn't he 'could lose his job for that'. I saw what you guys got but don't Panthers fans regret that trade? You could have had Eric Staal had you not traded down from 1st to 3rd. That's what I'm getting at. Even if the value is there from the Panthers, it needs to be a huge overpayment because the Oilers don't want to look at this trade 5 years down the road and regret it. That's why I think the Oilers wont be trading their first.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Imo, what's getting blown out of proportion is your thinking it'll take a fleecing for us to move up 2 (two) spots in the draft. How is Tamellini flying there to watch him play blowing anything out of proportion? He went all the way over there to watch him play, shows a clear interest on his part in Larsson.
Of course he is going to show interest though. This was a while ago though. He went out to watch Larsson, while our head scout was watching RNH and our head scout makes the calls when it comes to picks, as does every other teams. Also I'm not saying that him flying out there to watch him is being blown out of proportion, it's what he said is being blown out of proportion. He said good things about Larsson and all of a sudden all the Larsson fans just use that as a case to take him and ignore everything else (this is mostly the case on the Oilers board )

Old
06-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
He also is listening to offers because if he didn't he 'could lose his job for that'. I saw what you guys got but don't Panthers fans regret that trade? You could have had Eric Staal had you not traded down from 1st to 3rd. That's what I'm getting at. Even if the value is there from the Panthers, it needs to be a huge overpayment because the Oilers don't want to look at this trade 5 years down the road and regret it. That's why I think the Oilers wont be trading their first.
If it's moved, expect a huge disappointment. It's two spots.

Huge overpayment wouldn't make them feel any better if things don't work out. Emotion doesn't dictate return.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Or you could look at it another way, the Oilers want RNH but if someone offers them something significant then they'll accept that and give up the right to draft RNH. Tambo basically said that he'd have to receive a great package in order to trade the #1. It's fine that Tallon is inquiring about the pick, that's his job. But I don't think he's going to pay the price that Tambo wants.
This is it. Thank you. Tallon won't be able to pay the price that Tambellini will want.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Of course he is going to show interest though. This was a while ago though. He went out to watch Larsson, while our head scout was watching RNH and our head scout makes the calls when it comes to picks, as does every other teams. Also I'm not saying that him flying out there to watch him is being blown out of proportion, it's what he said is being blown out of proportion. He said good things about Larsson and all of a sudden all the Larsson fans just use that as a case to take him and ignore everything else (this is mostly the case on the Oilers board )
Still a lot to it.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
And, I believe what he wants is something none of us can come close to actually knowing. Tons of speculation, but what RR through out there would never come close to being offered.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Still a lot to it.
In all honestly, there really isn't. This whole discussion is moot. The debate and argument really is for nothing, The Oilers will select RNH first and in all likelihood or well I hope, Florida takes Huberdeau third. The second best forward in this years draft IMO, followed by Landeskog, Couturier and Strome (when it comes to forwards only) imo.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
And, I believe what he wants is something none of us can come close to actually knowing. Tons of speculation, but what RR through out there would never come close to being offered.
I don't think it would be offered either. But I think that's along the lines of what Tambo would want(if he wants RNH). If he wants Larsson, then his demands will be a lot more amenable.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
How is the 3 pick not significant? I don't get it...

Old
06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
In all honestly, there really isn't. This whole discussion is moot. The debate and argument really is for nothing, The Oilers will select RNH first and in all likelihood or well I hope, Florida takes Huberdeau third. The second best forward in this years draft IMO, followed by Landeskog, Couturier and Strome (when it comes to forwards only) imo.
Perhaps. We'll find out on Friday. If the pick is moved, don't expect a windfall, won't happen.

Quote:
I don't think it would be offered either. But I think that's along the lines of what Tambo would want(if he wants RNH). If he wants Larsson, then his demands will be a lot more amenable.
If that's the case, I'd hope Tallon said thanks, but no thanks. While thinking "he's out of his ****ing mind!"

Old
06-21-2011, 08:59 PM
FlaPanthers7

I remember being very disappointed when we traded down from 1 to 3 and Pitt took Fleury. RNH isn't a Malkin/Ovechkin/Crosby type player. He may be the consensus #1, but you can make an argument that any of the top 4 or even 6 could be the BP overall out of this draft.

I don't want the Panthers mortgaging good assets for RNH when they can get a just as impacting player in Cout, Lando, Larsson or even Hubs, who is still a bit of a wildcard in my eyes.

Old
06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
How is the 3 pick not significant? I don't get it...
Well obviously it is, but that's a given, the #3 pick would have to be coming back the other way, but there would have to be something significant coming with that.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Pantherbelle

Eklund Hockey Buzz Eklund
Sens are trying to trade up to # 3 overall. Currently held by Florida.

OKay what in the world could they offer us that would make us give up #3???? yeah yeah I know it's Eklund but

Old
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbelle View Post
Eklund Hockey Buzz Eklund
Sens are trying to trade up to # 3 overall. Currently held by Florida.

OKay what in the world could they offer us that would make us give up #3???? yeah yeah I know it's Eklund but
Maybe their second 1st. It seems like we could trade down to #6 and possibly get Couturier anyway.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Maybe their second 1st. It seems like we could trade down to #6 and possibly get Couturier anyway.
I don't think Tallon will settle for anything else from Ottawa...

So it is likely that we will stay at 3.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Pantherbelle

Quote:
ah

Old
06-22-2011, 01:48 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbelle View Post
ah
Don't want Couturier, belle ?

Old
06-22-2011, 01:59 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
ehhh...Idk. I think NJD takes him. Strome would be the pick, imo. I wouldn't trade down past #5. Although Strome is relatively one of the younger guys in the draft and has a lot of room to physically mature. He would definitely be going back to the OHL.

Last edited by RainingRats: 06-22-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Closed Thread