HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade with Dallas that goes beyond Richards

Old
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
freewheeler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
I'd rather do this deal with Kreider as the main asset than Anisimov. Winger for winger makes more sense to us than losing top 6 two-way center.
My thought with Anisimov was that he is NHL proven and ready, which should appeal to Dallas considering the other players they'd receive are prospects. And while I agree he may find a home in the top 6, with Richards presumably for at least 5 years, would you prefer Stepan or Anisimov? I'm taking Stepan - we have the luxury to choose. I realize you can move guys around and keep both, but he just seems like a good candidate if we're to move value.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey94 View Post
I'd give up Kreider in a heartbeat if it meant a line of Eriksson-Richards-Gaborik. That solves our offense problem immediately.
I agree completely. I love Kreider, but if we are one player from legitimately contending, and he can be had without destroying the system, how do we not entertain the thought? In my opinion, we have contending-caliber goaltending, defense, 2nd and 3rd lines and coaching/culture - with depth to spare. We just grabbed yet more defensive depth, at the expense of our offensive depth.

My hope is we get Richards, the Drury thing shakes out alright, we buy-out/trade Wolski, and begin entertaining offers for an elite first-line winger. It might not happen tomorrow, but I'm hoping Sather and co. are in position to pull the trigger when the right deal comes, because I think we're almost ready.

Edit: I would settle with Patrick Sharp

Old
06-21-2011, 12:12 PM
NYRangers16

Yea you give up Krieder before Anisimov, no doubt.

And yea to get a player like that without touching roster players is one of those moves that you gotta do. You add Erikkson/Sharp/other scoring winger along with Richards and do it without giving up anything other than prospects an we can pretty much sit on our hands for the next 3 years...wouldn't need much else, we'd have more than enough cap room left, and we'd be set all over. And if we drafted well the nex few years we'd rebuild any prospect depth we'd have lost.

A deal like this is something I think we should be prepared to do - though in the case of Sharp I'd like to see an extension involved...

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:51 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
Yea you give up Krieder before Anisimov, no doubt.
I don't know about that. Kreider is shaping into the type of guy that can be a 30 or 40 goal scorer. I'm not sure Anisimov is going to become that good. If we're signing Richards, that means we've got Richards, Stepan and Anisimov. Good depth up the middle, but to me you can go out and get a good third line center fairly cheap, which makes Anisimov expendable. You can't get a guy like Kreder for cheap.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:01 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't know about that. Kreider is shaping into the type of guy that can be a 30 or 40 goal scorer. I'm not sure Anisimov is going to become that good. If we're signing Richards, that means we've got Richards, Stepan and Anisimov. Good depth up the middle, but to me you can go out and get a good third line center fairly cheap, which makes Anisimov expendable. You can't get a guy like Kreder for cheap.
I don't see Kreider being a 40 goal scorer. I can see him being a 30-35-65 player during the regular season and a clutch PPG player during the playoffs.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Right. Do you make Anisimov a third line center? Is Stepan the third line center? Again, I realize you cross that bridge when you come to it, but presuming we get Richards, and NY believes Stepan is the better fit long term, maybe Anisimov gets pushed. Most teams would be upgrading (when combining potential) with Anisimov as their 2nd line center.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:52 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
It's a good question - to me Anisimov is a 45 pt 3c with excellent defense...and upside to boot. Kreider might have more upside, but if we are trading for a LW and getting Richards I think Anisimov here and now is more important for our success. A bird in the hand...

Old
06-21-2011, 02:06 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Right. Do you make Anisimov a third line center? Is Stepan the third line center? Again, I realize you cross that bridge when you come to it, but presuming we get Richards, and NY believes Stepan is the better fit long term, maybe Anisimov gets pushed. Most teams would be upgrading (when combining potential) with Anisimov as their 2nd line center.
I don't know that most teams are making a clear upgrade at 2c if they're taking Anisimov, even if you want to take potential into account.

Anaheim, Calgary, Florida, New Jersey, Ottawa,

Maybe Columbus, Dallas, Nashville, Toronto

Old
06-21-2011, 02:08 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
It's a good question - to me Anisimov is a 45 pt 3c with excellent defense...and upside to boot. Kreider might have more upside, but if we are trading for a LW and getting Richards I think Anisimov here and now is more important for our success. A bird in the hand...
I guess it's a good point to consider if we traded for Eriksson, we'd seemingly be set at LW for awhile with Eriksson and Dubinsky as the top 2.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
I'd expect Dallas, and/or another team not in full rebuild mode, to want an NHL ready/proven player. I don't disagree with the logic, but if we're asked to include an active player, who is it?

Old
06-21-2011, 07:32 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
I'd expect Dallas, and/or another team not in full rebuild mode, to want an NHL ready/proven player. I don't disagree with the logic, but if we're asked to include an active player, who is it?
Good question, dunno who I'd put first on that list...I like too many of our guys lol

And RangerFan10, yea I think we'd be set and could draft another Kreider at some point, so moving him isn't that big of a deal.