HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Berglund signed in Europe

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Trudel

vCash: 500
Berglund signed in Europe

Berglund signed a contract in Switzerland.
What can you tell me about him?

Old
08-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Crossbar

That's a shame, was hoping he'd stay and at least participate in training camp to challenge for a roster spot.....ah well, guess this just means Haggy and Koko's chances of earning a spot on the team have increased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudel
What can you tell me about him?
He was brought in to replace long-time Panther/current Flames forward Marcus Nilson. Decent wheels, gritty, can play defense and supposedly displayed great leadership/character when he represented Sweden. I recall Berglund taking a couple lazy/dumb penalties in the short time he was a Panther, but to his defense, he was coming off a hip injury. During the NHL Lockout, he seemed like he was a reliable player for Farjestad of the Swedish Elite League. Can't say we Panther fans were thrilled with the news, that he had injured Panther teammate Kristian Huselius in a game vs. Huselius' Linkopings. Don't know what type of season from him you can expect, but if I had to guess, I'd venture to guess maybe something similar to how Hagman played in Davos (without Big Thornton and Nash feeding the puck)?

Old
08-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
That's a shame, was hoping he'd stay and at least participate in training camp to challenge for a roster spot.....ah well, guess this just means Haggy and Koko's chances of earning a spot on the team have increased.
Exactly what I thought, we want ice time for our young guns, this just helped.

Old
08-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Alex
Exactly what I thought, we want ice time for our young guns, this just helped.
Wasn't Berglund one of our young guns? I didn't think he was any older than Hagman or Kolnik, to be honest.

Old
08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Wasn't Berglund one of our young guns? I didn't think he was any older than Hagman or Kolnik, to be honest.
I remember Berglund playing really well in the last game of the season. I think he had 2 goals and a few assists.

Old
08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
I remember Berglund playing really well in the last game of the season. I think he had 2 goals and a few assists.
Who didn't? It was a 6-6 tie with Carolina

Old
08-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Who didn't? It was a 6-6 tie with Carolina
Luongo.

Old
08-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
I never really liked him to begin with, but yeah I think he did show up pretty well in the last like 10 games of the season if I remember right. But this gives Stewart better chances of making the team or Olsez(Is that how you spell his name? )

Old
08-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Crossbar

With Berglund now gone and if youngsters like Stewart, Campbell, or whoever stay in the minors for more developement time, would anyone want to sign Mike Keane for the 4th line? He'd probably sign for the league min, and despite his age, he seems to have kept in good shape during the lockout. I'm satisfied that we've addressed the leadership role, but adding another with a rep for being one of the top hardest-working players in the game, wouldn't hurt. At the very least, I'd be interested in giving him a try-out offer to attend Panthers training camp if no one else signs him.

Good story.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...90641-sun.html

Old
08-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
With Berglund now gone and if youngsters like Stewart, Campbell, or whoever stay in the minors for more developement time, would anyone want to sign Mike Keane for the 4th line? He'd probably sign for the league min, and despite his age, he seems to have kept in good shape during the lockout. I'm satisfied that we've addressed the leadership role, but adding another with a rep for being one of the top hardest-working players in the game, wouldn't hurt. At the very least, I'd be interested in giving him a try-out offer to attend Panthers training camp if no one else signs him.

Good story.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...90641-sun.html
Keane would be a good addition at the right price. He's been on some winning teams and he can bring a lot of this experience to the Panthers. He's gritty and hard working. I think he'd be a good complement to Nieuwy and Robs.

Old
08-29-2005, 05:27 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Berglund choosed Schweiz 'cause he got a better contract there, than Panthers offered. With all new players in Florida I think Berglund would have had a hard time cracking the lineup. Even as a swede, I'd take Hagman over Berglund any day.

BTW, Berglund have been selected to represent Sweden in Euro Hockey Tour this week.

Closed Thread