HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stamkos

Old
06-21-2011, 07:08 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Only way Rangers would get him would be via trade - where they would get more for him than they would via offersheet

Slats does do trades, but at what cost?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 08:26 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not sure what you mean by watch it happen. Either he'll match it and give Stamkos whatever deal was offered...or he'll take the 4 first round draft picks. If someone offers Stamkos a 10 year 100M deal do you think he will match?
I'd absolutely offer that contract and either get him or stick tampa wad the contract ...win-win

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Chalfdiggity3

I would offer him a 9.5m per year contract for 9-10yrs. He would easily be worth the cap hit and the 4 1st rounders we lose. He is 21yo and had been a 90+ pt per year player.

Oh and if we traded for him i would have no problem trading anyone on this team for him but lundqvist

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:22 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

we would have to offer him max $$$ ($7.8M+) because we don't have our 2nd or 3rd pick for the lower level compensation package. I can't see Sather doing that. Stamkos is also a good kid. I don't see him forcing Stevie Y's hand like that.

Quote:
An offer with a $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation

More than $1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

More than $1,567,043 -- $3,134,088: Second-round pick

More than $3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

More than $4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

More than $6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

More than $7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:26 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
we would have to offer him max $$$ ($7.8M+) because we don't have our 2nd or 3rd pick for the lower level compensation package. I can't see Sather doing that. Stamkos is also a good kid. I don't see him forcing Stevie Y's hand like that.
you'd have to offer max $$ otherwise tb would match and thank you for signing him at a discount...but the fact that we don't have our picks this year doesn't matter. the offer sheet would be after the draft so any compensation would start with next years draft.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:27 AM
smoneil

It's never going to happen either way, but if Sather wanted Stamkos, I'd rather see it happen via trade than offer sheet. If Sather offer sheets Stamkos, he will pretty much automatically give up four 1st rounders. At the trade table? Sather could probably get Stamkos for Boyle, a 5th rounder and a vanilla Snack Pack.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:00 AM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
It's never going to happen either way, but if Sather wanted Stamkos, I'd rather see it happen via trade than offer sheet. If Sather offer sheets Stamkos, he will pretty much automatically give up four 1st rounders. At the trade table? Sather could probably get Stamkos for Boyle, a 5th rounder and a vanilla Snack Pack.
Think he'd throw in a spoon? And plastic or metal? Or would that be somewhat of an overpayment you think, even for Slats?

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

REPORT: STAMKOS SAYS HE'S 'CLOSE' TO DEAL WITH LIGHTNING

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369660

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
REPORT: STAMKOS SAYS HE'S 'CLOSE' TO DEAL WITH LIGHTNING

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369660
NOOOOOO haha.. Everyone knew he would. Sucks, i would have loved to have signed him to an offer sheet.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:33 PM
bernmeister

TBL will definitely make space to resign him to a high #.
Had assumed because of this and others, space might be available for something around MDZ + for Hedman, who they would let go before Stamkos.

I did a post at the Lightning forum and while something like MDZ + Girardi as a basis was fair value, all preferred to keep Hedman and his potential, through MDZ was a good fit. Getting back to the key point here, they have other options and players who can be moved to create enough space for all their main guys --- Stamkos, Hedman, St. Louis, LeCav, and even Richards if he would join that group...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Had assumed because of this and others, space might be available for something around MDZ + for Hedman, who they would let go before Stamkos.

I did a post at the Lightning forum and while something like MDZ + Girardi as a basis was fair value, all preferred to keep Hedman and his potential, through MDZ was a good fit. Getting back to the key point here, they have other options and players who can be moved to create enough space for all their main guys --- Stamkos, Hedman, St. Louis, LeCav, and even Richards if he would join that group...
i want nothing to do with Hedman for MDZ and Girardi swap. Although Hedman has a great deal of potential i dont ever see him becoming who you and Lightning fans see him as. The kid is big but i have yet to really see him use his size on the defensive end. He isnt very good defensively and use his size to his advantage.. plus he is supposed to be this highly touted offensive dman and yet hasnt had a season with more than 20pts yet, even on an extredibly offensively talented team with a fantastic PP.

MDZ in his rookie year put up double the amount of pts that Hedman has in 2 years! But i would gladly take Hedman over MDZ, but when you add in Girardi i just cant help but sit here and think why? Girardi is MUCH better than Hedman in all aspects of the game right now. Plus there is NO reason to make a trade for another dman. If we are going to use our valuable trade assets it should be in an attempt to gain a top line FORWARD. I dont see why we need another dman with the lineup we have this year and the players coming up moving forward.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:18 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you do this intentionally.

The logic behind your proposals is non-existent.

The Lightning have over 26M in cap space this off-season. The only MUST re-sign player is Stamkos. They will likely bring back Purcell as well, and will probably be interested in bringing back Bergenheim, Lundin and maybe Roloson. None of those players will make significant money. Never, in any scenario, will they be in a position to even consider having to move Hedman to make space for Stamkos.

Tampa laughs in the face of MDZ + Girardi for Hedman as well.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:42 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
i want nothing to do with Hedman for MDZ and Girardi swap. Although Hedman has a great deal of potential i dont ever see him becoming who you and Lightning fans see him as. The kid is big but i have yet to really see him use his size on the defensive end. He isnt very good defensively and use his size to his advantage.. plus he is supposed to be this highly touted offensive dman and yet hasnt had a season with more than 20pts yet, even on an extredibly offensively talented team with a fantastic PP.

MDZ in his rookie year put up double the amount of pts that Hedman has in 2 years! But i would gladly take Hedman over MDZ, but when you add in Girardi i just cant help but sit here and think why? Girardi is MUCH better than Hedman in all aspects of the game right now. Plus there is NO reason to make a trade for another dman. If we are going to use our valuable trade assets it should be in an attempt to gain a top line FORWARD. I dont see why we need another dman with the lineup we have this year and the players coming up moving forward.
IMO, Hedman has subordinated his offensive game to be the dutiful solider and learn NHL level D. We agree he has the tools, and his tools are better than Girardi or MDZ. DG is not better at ALL aspects right now.

It's a fair point to say you prefer alternate use of assets for trade.
But you have to give to get, and we would need to give from ample D to do this.
Outside of possible interest by Bruins, getting lions share of Hedman for MDZ based on MDZ connection to Stamkos is smartest move of potentially likely options.

However, as I have emphasized and now repeated, the original premise, that TBL would need moves to = cash/cap for Stamkos etc is NOT correct. It was reasonable for me to think that initially, and I wasn't the first one to so speculate. But TBL has demonstrated already it will begin other movements of assets. So the point is moot.

Old
06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
I'm pretty sure you do this intentionally.

The logic behind your proposals is non-existent.

The Lightning have over 26M in cap space this off-season. The only MUST re-sign player is Stamkos. They will likely bring back Purcell as well, and will probably be interested in bringing back Bergenheim, Lundin and maybe Roloson. None of those players will make significant money. Never, in any scenario, will they be in a position to even consider having to move Hedman to make space for Stamkos.

Tampa laughs in the face of MDZ + Girardi for Hedman as well.
You have jumped to an erroneous conclusion in an effort to criticize something said by someone with whom you disagree.

It is obvious they will make space.
it was and I HAD repeat HAD assumed they would be under constraints to do so.
However, after placing a post at TBL forum seeking input, they advised that yeah, while they'd already heard this, it was not necessarily true.
They DO have enough other options to do all this and sign Stamkos.

As for "laughs in the face...", check out the post.
While most considered Hedman an asset too precious to be swapped for even value, and not with breakdown of every facet of possible deal variations, an honest broker did say he considered Girardi + MDZ "fair".

Old
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
You have jumped to an erroneous conclusion in an effort to criticize something said by someone with whom you disagree.

It is obvious they will make space.
it was and I HAD repeat HAD assumed they would be under constraints to do so.
However, after placing a post at TBL forum seeking input, they advised that yeah, while they'd already heard this, it was not necessarily true.
They DO have enough other options to do all this and sign Stamkos.

As for "laughs in the face...", check out the post.
While most considered Hedman an asset too precious to be swapped for even value, and not with breakdown of every facet of possible deal variations, an honest broker did say he considered Girardi + MDZ "fair".
So... a single poster on HF boards said he considered Girardi + MDZ fair value for Hedman, with the stipulation that Hedman is too valuable an asset to be moved for "fair" value and that lends ANY credence to your proposal? Get Yzerman on the phone gents.

And again, the Lightning would undoubtedly make space for Stamkos, if they had to, but you proposing that Hedman could be available IN ORDER to make space for Stamkos is still baseless, since they have AMPLE space to re-sign him without moving anyone.

You have never made a good trade proposal in your life and everyone on HF boards knows it. Sorry.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:35 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Think he'd throw in a spoon? And plastic or metal? Or would that be somewhat of an overpayment you think, even for Slats?
I think a Spork seals the deal

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:58 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Sather is too lost in the early 80's to make a bold move like that. He's stuck in his old man ways.
We would need Neil Smith to do this.
To be fair if there was actually a guy who was attainable for us we'd get him but how realistic is it to steal Stamkos, Doughty, Crosby, ovie, etc? Might as well say "I don't want to mess with teams" instead of saying "All teams should fear me b/c im looking to by any FA I can hahahahahaaa!" It's probably more diplomacy him saying that than anything else...though he is also likely just a moron

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

OT: Stammer just got the nod for cover athlete on NHL12.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
On the (extreme) off-chance that he was offer sheeted, Stevey Y. isn't going to sit back and watch it happen.
This. No way Tampa lets him walk.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
So... a single poster on HF boards said he considered Girardi + MDZ fair value for Hedman, with the stipulation that Hedman is too valuable an asset to be moved for "fair" value and that lends ANY credence to your proposal? Get Yzerman on the phone gents.

And again, the Lightning would undoubtedly make space for Stamkos, if they had to, but you proposing that Hedman could be available IN ORDER to make space for Stamkos is still baseless, since they have AMPLE space to re-sign him without moving anyone.

You have never made a good trade proposal in your life and everyone on HF boards knows it. Sorry.

Friend, I don't know what ax you're looking to grind but:

bold: the other posters, which is their right, chose not not to suggest equal value offers, and to compare them with my original, which was Girardi/MDZ + Thomas. They went to a straight bottom line of whatever the fair value is, he's unavailable, which is fine. You want to make a big deal out of it, not me, but technically, that is a 1 for 1 percentage among those who replied providing an actual answer as to value.

underline: You got this wrong too. I did previously post this would be a good idea, I admit that. It was based on a postulate that in addition to MDZ covering most of the value of Hedman, TBL would be inclined to move Hedman due to other $$$ issues, which are multiple. There was feedback that even though this was logical and all that, TBL still had enough resources to cover whatever they wanted, and still get Richards to boot!! I said, wow, let me take it to the source, and the TBL community unanimously reaffirmed that while they would have to make moves, they had enough other moves to not prompt, let a lone require, a Hedman separation.

As I clarified, to extent I postulated it was necessary for TBL to likely have to do $$$ including strong possibility of considering to move Hedman, I stand corrected.

To extent that IF it were suddenly necessary to do such a deal by TB for $$$ reasons, then something based around MDZ + for Hedman was fair if not mutually beneficial, and I stand by that.

To extent one variation of that may involve Girardi, I acknowledge other Ranger fans think we do better either not dealing Girardi at all, or dealing him only for an F. If we can get an Anisimov type talent for Girardi, which solid proposal I'm still waiting to see, fine. In the mean time, this would have helped. I stand by that.

As to my proposals, I have basis to dispute your opinion, even if I don't have time now to detail against that.

Most of my proposals are good.
They are unpopular, because they involve advocating moving established Ds where we are deep (Roszi, Girardi) for assets we need, while gambling that the prospects taking their place would fill the gap quickly enough.

In one short season, Sauer and McDonaugh have proven me right.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:52 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:

All of your proposals are the worst. You have no concept of Value.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:13 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
No offense, but many of your proposals/ideas have included players that are either no longer a (realistic) part of this organization or are so far down in the pecking order that they'll never see an NHL game. Guys like Baranka and Dowzak come to mind.

When you include them in proposals, or say that they can replace current Rangers, it makes you look like you know nothing about the team and prospects you root for.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I'd trade the whole team for Stamkos, but he's never leaving Tampa.

If I saw Stamkos in a Rangers Jersey I'd be as happy, if not happier, as the day in March when Bure got traded here.

Glorious, glorious days.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
All of your proposals are the worst. You have no concept of Value.
I have no dog in this hunt but I agree with Dr. Sutton here. Sorry bernmeister.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote