HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help me find a blade :)

Old
06-21-2011, 10:02 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Help me find a blade :)

Hey everyone, I've been trying to find a specific replacement blade with no success:
- Bauer X60 P106 replacement blade, right handed

Have found them on US websites, but I live in Canada, and am pretty sure US online retailers aren't allowed to ship Bauer products across the border. So, anyone know of a Canadian store where I could buy this thing?

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Sigge

You can find the blade here, whether or not they can ship the product I'm not sure. Bauer Vapor X60 Replacement blades

But in case they can't directly ship it to you it's possible to simply use a forwarding service, like this one right here: http://www.bongous.com/

Sigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 09:02 AM
blueberrydanish

I have no clue why they aren't making that pattern as they use to, would seem like a pretty popular pattern(that could be the problem). Anyways good luck finding it, hopefully you can find a good deal.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:50 PM
trtaylor

Curious, I saw you recently switched to a Drury. Is there something about the Drury that is making you try the P106? I was using a P106 back am back to using the PM9. The P106 doesn't really seem to be that popular.

trtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:31 PM
ponder

Oops double post

Last edited by ponder: 06-22-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old
06-22-2011, 07:35 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigge View Post
You can find the blade here, whether or not they can ship the product I'm not sure. Bauer Vapor X60 Replacement blades

But in case they can't directly ship it to you it's possible to simply use a forwarding service, like this one right here: http://www.bongous.com/
Forwarding service is an interesting idea, will look into that if I can't find a Canadian retailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydanish View Post
I have no clue why they aren't making that pattern as they use to, would seem like a pretty popular pattern(that could be the problem). Anyways good luck finding it, hopefully you can find a good deal.
They still make it (I think), but it's actually just pretty hard to find tapered Bauer blades in Canada period, regardless of the curve. I think the P106 is roughly the same curve as the CCM Ovechkin, which I think is CCM's most popular curve, who knows why it's not more popular as a Bauer curve, just the power of marketing I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtaylor View Post
Curious, I saw you recently switched to a Drury. Is there something about the Drury that is making you try the P106? I was using a P106 back am back to using the PM9. The P106 doesn't really seem to be that popular.
I absolutely love the Drury for snap shots and slap shots, but the long, straight blade is not ideal for my style of stick handling (lots of pulling the puck in towards myself and general stick handling moves that use the toe), and I find that in close under pressure, when I sometimes need to take shots using mostly my wrists/hands instead of good form with the flex of the stick, that a blade with a bit more curve/a bit less straight really helps. I really like the Drury curve overall, definitely the best shooting curve I've used, but I'd like to give the P106 a try, since it basically seems like a Drury with a shorter blade and a bit more of a continuous curve, a sort of half way point between a Drury and a more traditional mid curve like a P88. My hope is that my snappers and slappers won't be too much worse with the P106 than with the Drury, but that I'll be able to stickhandle and take wristers in close more or less like I can with a mid curve. If I don't like it, I can always switch back.

Also, my Drury blade is just a cheap wood blade that's already breaking on me, so it seems like a good time to try something new

Old
06-23-2011, 11:03 AM
trtaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I absolutely love the Drury for snap shots and slap shots, but the long, straight blade is not ideal for my style of stick handling (lots of pulling the puck in towards myself and general stick handling moves that use the toe), and I find that in close under pressure, when I sometimes need to take shots using mostly my wrists/hands instead of good form with the flex of the stick, that a blade with a bit more curve/a bit less straight really helps. I really like the Drury curve overall, definitely the best shooting curve I've used, but I'd like to give the P106 a try, since it basically seems like a Drury with a shorter blade and a bit more of a continuous curve, a sort of half way point between a Drury and a more traditional mid curve like a P88. My hope is that my snappers and slappers won't be too much worse with the P106 than with the Drury, but that I'll be able to stickhandle and take wristers in close more or less like I can with a mid curve. If I don't like it, I can always switch back.

Also, my Drury blade is just a cheap wood blade that's already breaking on me, so it seems like a good time to try something new
Interesting. I really liked the P106, for saucer passes especially. But, as I am a less skilled player, the moderate curve wasn't the best for my passing and/or backhands. So, for now I am back to the PM9. I can see the slight curve isn't the best for stickhandling. But, at my level, I am better off learning to roll my wrists more to keep the puck on the blade.

Anyway, from your posts you sound like a good player and I get a lot of good info from your posts, too. So, was just curious what you were thinking regarding the Drury vs. P106.

Thanks.

trtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote