HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose-Los Angeles

Old
06-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canesten View Post
just to point out, you do understand that seto is being placed in this trade because la is taking the financial burden of heatleys contract off of your hands.

im a huge heatley hater since im a sens fan but im not delusional. he is still an effective player, but at the rate he's going and the pace he's trending towards, 7.5 million for 3 years is quite scary.
There is no way the Sharks should be including Seto in a package with Heatley. Especially when the only 2 usable assets coming back are Penner (who looked horrendously bad in LA) and Mitchell (who the Sharks already passed on).

This is just a crap deal for the Sharks as the only actual usable asset they get is Hickey, and one year of Mitchell (assuming he doesn't get injured again). Heatley's contract isn't great, but it isn't nearly so bad as to give up all of those assets for a terrible return.

Given that Heatley's cap hit over the rest of his contract is going to be higher than his salary, if nothing else the Sharks can probably deal him to team like Florida or the Isle. And if he doesn't want to waive his NMC, it would probably make more sense to buy him out than to trade Seto and a 2nd just to get rid of him.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Why oh why do we want Dustin Penner? Seriously, why?

Honestly, if I had to chose between Heatley and his contract and Penner's, I'd still rather have Heatley. One of the few players that performed worse than Heatley in the stretch run was Penner.

Heatley has been a model teammate ever since he's traded here. Not a peep about being moved to the third line. Not a peep about his injury that clearly bothered him. He even issued a sincere apology on the whole Steve Ott-elbowing incident.

Yes his contract is bad but I still rather have him than Penner.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 07:54 PM
xVolchenkov

Despite how good Heatley could play in LA, at 7.5 hes not worth the risk. Seto is a really good piece, but I still think LA would say no. It isn't so much what they're giving up, but more so what they'd have to deal with to work around Heatley's contract if things weren't to work out and ends up on the 3rd line like in SJ.

SJ would also say no, losing 2 top 6 forwards for some parts they don't really need. Mitchell would help there D, both not at such a high cost. I think most Sharks fans are hoping for a bounce back season from Heatley, and getting rid of him when his value is at its lowest is never a good idea.

No from both sides.

xVolchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:42 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Seto + Demers + 3rd for Johnson.

JayP812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Seto + Demers + 3rd for Johnson.
I may be in the minority, but as a Sharks fan, no thanks. I'd love Johnson, but that creates more issues than it solves. And honestly, I don't know that he's worth that (to the Sharks). Whereas LA fans will probably consider that underpayment.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:31 AM
SMoneyMonkey

While Heatley is a great player, what the Kings really like is that ability to drive to the net. Heatley is a horrible driver.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Flowseidon
Compton

If the All-Star doesnt want a trade, he's not getting traded

Flowseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:53 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
well... both teams doesn't seem to like it.

We can close this one before it's getting ugly
When has it ever gotten ugly between Kings and Sharks fans?

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:10 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

U - G - L - Y you aint got no alibi you Ugly!

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:28 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
I may be in the minority, but as a Sharks fan, no thanks. I'd love Johnson, but that creates more issues than it solves. And honestly, I don't know that he's worth that (to the Sharks). Whereas LA fans will probably consider that underpayment.
I agree. I think that Demers is already better defensively than JMFJ, and ge can improve offensively. The difference between JD and JJ is not Seto + 2nd.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:36 AM
SFKingshomer

No interest in that crazy Heatley contract

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Pinkfloyd

Well, since he likely has an NMC, it's rather pointless to discuss trading Heatley. However, putting that aside for a moment, this year isn't the year to move him. One, because his value is low. Two, because his value is almost guaranteed to be better next off-season when his salary is much lower than his cap hit. That, at the very least, would be valued by cap floor teams like the Islanders, Panthers, and maybe the Predators.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:53 PM
xVolchenkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
While Heatley is a great player, what the Kings really like is that ability to drive to the net. Heatley is a horrible driver.

terrible.

xVolchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote