HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official: Team 990 will cover Habs games for next 7 years

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2011, 04:03 PM
  #1
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Official: Team 990 will cover Habs games for next 7 years

Was rumoured, but it was just officially announced on the station.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
  #2
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=566665

Pardon my ignorance, but is this an english radio? Or will they broadcast the games in french?

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
  #3
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
English.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:09 PM
  #4
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=566665

Pardon my ignorance, but is this an english radio? Or will they broadcast the games in french?
CKAC is still the French broadcaster for Montreal radio.

Shutdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
  #5
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=566665

Pardon my ignorance, but is this an english radio? Or will they broadcast the games in french?
it's going to be bilingual

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
  #6
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Really hope Elliott Price does play-by-play.. he was awesome for the Montreal Juniors.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:23 PM
  #7
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Thanks guys!

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
  #8
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
No Marinaro anywhere near the broadcast booth please
That whinny nasally voice spewing I told you so's
No thanks

Price and anyone else should fit the bill

AntonCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:41 PM
  #9
Natedawg
Lars Eller
 
Natedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Not sure if I am in minority but I really enjoyed Rick Moffat.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:55 PM
  #10
A1
Set Sail For Fail
 
A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
No more Murray Wilson


Or wait, was he out last season anyway? I remember hearing Sergio Momesso a couple times when I turned on the radio.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:03 PM
  #11
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 500
no elliot price please

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
  #12
Andros777
Registered User
 
Andros777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
does that mean no more CJAD?

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:32 PM
  #13
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
no elliot price please
Agreed, he's a baseball guy. This is a BIG Splash, they need to turn over every stone(No pun) & bring in a heavy weight. Yes! Even if they have to pull someone back from Toronto.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:33 PM
  #14
pine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,217
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
does that mean no more CJAD?
CJAD no more.

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
  #15
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Agreed, he's a baseball guy. This is a BIG Splash, they need to turn over every stone(No pun) & bring in a heavy weight. Yes! Even if they have to pull someone back from Toronto.
You guys have obviously not heard him describe a Juniors game.. Or maybe you have and prefer listenning to a dull opinionless voice?

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
  #16
Habs Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
If the Team 990 was smart, they'd do some kind of play by play reality radio show to get people to audition for a position broadcasting the games... winner would be determined by the fans voting!!!

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 06:46 PM
  #17
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,062
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Man View Post
If the Team 990 was smart, they'd do some kind of play by play reality radio show to get people to audition for a position broadcasting the games... winner would be determined by the fans voting!!!
I came into this thread to post this exact idea.

How great would it be to have some fresh faces, or er... voices, for the Team 990. Let the Morning Show guys concentrate on their schtick, let Tony concentrate on his rumors and his amazing sources and give some people out there a chance. I know I would try-out in a heart beat for the position.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:28 PM
  #18
Habs Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I came into this thread to post this exact idea.

How great would it be to have some fresh faces, or er... voices, for the Team 990. Let the Morning Show guys concentrate on their schtick, let Tony concentrate on his rumors and his amazing sources and give some people out there a chance. I know I would try-out in a heart beat for the position.
Totally bud! I have no doubt there would be thousands upon thousands of applicants!!! They could attract soooo many listeners at the same time! The final 3 let's say could each do one or two pre-season games and the final voting would be determined after those games!!! Haha! It would seriously be too sick!!! lol

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:42 PM
  #19
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Man View Post
If the Team 990 was smart, they'd do some kind of play by play reality radio show to get people to audition for a position broadcasting the games... winner would be determined by the fans voting!!!
Oh yeah.. And end up with the english version of Jean-Charles Lajoie who won a similar contest at CKAC

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:02 PM
  #20
Habs Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4YO View Post
Oh yeah.. And end up with the english version of Jean-Charles Lajoie who won a similar contest at CKAC
Let's hope not!

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:13 PM
  #21
Bermy
Registered User
 
Bermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
Not sure if I am in minority but I really enjoyed Rick Moffat.
That makes two of us! I thought he did a good job

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:51 PM
  #22
Papa Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4YO View Post
You guys have obviously not heard him describe a Juniors game.. Or maybe you have and prefer listenning to a dull opinionless voice?
I have heard him on the Junior broadcast actually and I find it extremely hard to follow. He has the same problem as Rick Moffet (sp) in that he often loses track of the play and he'll leave off with the play in the defensive zone and then he'll pick play back up with a scoring chance at the other end. It's not TV and it's not baseball. The play by play guy has to keep up with the play or the listener is lost.

That's why Martin McGuire is hands down the best in town.

Papa Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
  #23
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4YO View Post
Really hope Elliott Price does play-by-play.. he was awesome for the Montreal Juniors.
This. I really enjoyed listening to him during the Juniors/Maineiacs series.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 09:20 PM
  #24
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
I have heard him on the Junior broadcast actually and I find it extremely hard to follow. He has the same problem as Rick Moffet (sp) in that he often loses track of the play and he'll leave off with the play in the defensive zone and then he'll pick play back up with a scoring chance at the other end. It's not TV and it's not baseball. The play by play guy has to keep up with the play or the listener is lost.

That's why Martin McGuire is hands down the best in town.
Martin McGuire is pretty decent to describe the game but he makes too many mistakes/braincramps and it drives me nuts!!

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 09:36 PM
  #25
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I don't know how Elliot Price is at calling hockey games but I'd love to see him get a chance. I miss listening to his Expos broadcasts.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.