HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predictions for 2011-12 Roster

Old
06-13-2011, 11:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Sent: Jun 12, 2011 7:55p

Was told today may be some Canes signings this week.

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/ice_chip/status/80060637992071168

Cole? Jokinen? Both? Pitkanen is probably too rich for the Canes to re-sign. Carolina has basically nobody signed for 12-13 beyond Staal,Skinner and Ward.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Jun 12, 2011 7:55p

Was told today may be some Canes signings this week.

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/ice_chip/status/80060637992071168

Cole? Jokinen? Both? Pitkanen is probably too rich for the Canes to re-sign. Carolina has basically nobody signed for 12-13 beyond Staal,Skinner and Ward.
I'd love to see us bring in Cole, but I doubt he leaves his comfort zone in Carolina.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Gilroy is better than Vandermeer at this point, and I can't stand the way he plays.
I like Vandermeer, I watched some Oilers games and he was one of the few defenseman who could make a pass and make some hits. He was forced to play bigger minutes, but I think he can excel in a smaller role and provide veteran presence.

Quote:
Anisimov is a center -- end of story. His defense is too good to just throw him wherever.
Sure, but we can experiment around during the season, if he is ridiculously bad, move him with Dubi and Cally.

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Sharp-Stepan-Prust
Avery-Boyle-MZA

Quote:
Sharp isn't as good as Gaborik, either -- good player, but he isn't a star player. He's a good complimentary offensive piece, but I'm not dealing the organization's only legitimate puck mover, their top prospect, and their 1st for the guy -- I don't think it's very enticing for Chicago either. They're trying to win now -- they don't need players like Del Zotto or Kreider. They'd be interested in Dubinsky/Callahan/Staal, and I'm not prepared to give up any of those players for Sharp, especially when he's going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season.
Sharp isn't made of glass. I think it's a matter of viewing it differently, Del Zotto can't play defense and Sauer and McD have passed him on the depth charts. With the acquiring of Erixon, this makes MDZ expandable. Kreider is Kreider, time will tell on how he does but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

And if you read my post, I said Sharp would come with a contract extension.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:08 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
I like Vandermeer, I watched some Oilers games and he was one of the few defenseman who could make a pass and make some hits. He was forced to play bigger minutes, but I think he can excel in a smaller role and provide veteran presence.

Sure, but we can experiment around during the season, if he is ridiculously bad, move him with Dubi and Cally.

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Sharp-Stepan-Prust
Avery-Boyle-MZA

Sharp isn't made of glass. I think it's a matter of viewing it differently, Del Zotto can't play defense and Sauer and McD have passed him on the depth charts. With the acquiring of Erixon, this makes MDZ expandable. Kreider is Kreider, time will tell on how he does but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

And if you read my post, I said Sharp would come with a contract extension.
How do you plan on paying for that lineup? In monopoly dollars? With no salary cap?

Del Zotto cant play defense? Says who? You? Ohhhh I see you got it all figured out. The 20 year old top defenseman prospect can't play defense. Hmm...

If you think Sauer and McD have passed him on the depth charts you clearly have no clue as to what you are talking about. Yeah maybe they did in terms of ice time, but they certainly dont hold more value than him, and certainly are not more talented than he is. MDZ was outstanding his rookie year. He struggled in his sophomore season. But we should give up on him because you are just like every other impatient NY fan.

And wtf does "Kreider is Kreider" mean? Sounds like your spewing out garbage to me. Have you seen the kid play? Because I have. The kid can hack it. He can bring it. He is big, can skate, and can dangle. But we should give up on him too because in YOUR opinion "it doesn't look promising at the moment," which I also would like to be explained as to what that means.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:28 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I'd love to see us bring in Cole, but I doubt he leaves his comfort zone in Carolina.
Yeah. Cole is the only UFA besides Richards that I hope for.

But he's had all his success in Carolina, doubt he'd leave unless the Canes want to move on.

Cole would be a good fit with our identity here. He's the kind of player Torts would like.

We need skill but Torts isn't going to run guys out on the ice that are inconsistent in their effort.

So guys like Jussi Jokinen wont fit.

Guys like Cole, Ladd, Brown... guys who can score 20-25 goals and put up 50-55 points. And bring grit, 'jam' as Torts likes to say, hard to the net, hard forecheck, hard backcheck. Finish their checks.

Not guys who vanish and float every other game (Wolski, Jokinen).

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:41 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Vandermeer is slow, old, and, honestly, quite useless.

The Rangers can do much better -- Eminger and Gilroy are both much better options.

Quote:
No you can't. You can't just toss around players wherever. Putting Anisimov on the wing is almost as ill-advised as putting Gaborik in goal. You don't put your smartest defensive player in a position where he can't use that skill to his full advantage.

Quote:
Sharp isn't made of glass.
Who said Sharp was made of glass?

Quote:
Del Zotto can't play defense
Other than the fact that saying something so "matter-of-factly" is pretty bold, it's even incorrect.

Obviously, defense isn't his strong point -- he is a puck mover, and the Rangers have a lack of puck movers. Tack on the fact that he's 20, and not even fully developed yet as an NHLer, I think we can let that slide for a year or two, so long he provides the offense that the backend needs. It's not like he doesn't put in the effort, even. He tries to improve his game, it's really just the mental aspect of it -- and that's normal for a 20 year old. Be patient.

Quote:
and Sauer and McD have passed him on the depth charts.
If you're talking strictly to start the season? Sure. But that could change in a snap.

Quote:
With the acquiring of Erixon, this makes MDZ expandable.
No it doesn't. If Erixon was a puck mover, maybe. Del Zotto is the only puck moving defenseman in the entire organization -- he's not going anywhere, or shouldn't, in the least.

Quote:
Kreider is Kreider
What does this even mean?

Quote:
time will tell on how he does but it doesn't look promising at the moment.
How? A 20 year old kid staying at college is a problem? Only Ranger fans.

06-13-2011, 12:53 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Vandermeer is slow, old, and, honestly, quite useless.

The Rangers can do much better -- Eminger and Gilroy are both much better options.

No you can't. You can't just toss around players wherever. Putting Anisimov on the wing is almost as ill-advised as putting Gaborik in goal. You don't put your smartest defensive player in a position where he can't use that skill to his full advantage.

Who said Sharp was made of glass?

Other than the fact that saying something so "matter-of-factly" is pretty bold, it's even incorrect.

Obviously, defense isn't his strong point -- he is a puck mover, and the Rangers have a lack of puck movers. Tack on the fact that he's 20, and not even fully developed yet as an NHLer, I think we can let that slide for a year or two, so long he provides the offense that the backend needs. It's not like he doesn't put in the effort, even. He tries to improve his game, it's really just the mental aspect of it -- and that's normal for a 20 year old. Be patient.

If you're talking strictly to start the season? Sure. But that could change in a snap.

No it doesn't. If Erixon was a puck mover, maybe. Del Zotto is the only puck moving defenseman in the entire organization -- he's not going anywhere, or shouldn't, in the least.

What does this even mean?

How? A 20 year old kid staying at college is a problem? Only Ranger fans.
Don't waste your time.

Didn't you know, Jagr is the greatest Ranger of all time, and 20 year old players are busts if they're not Hart Memorial candidates.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:26 PM
NYRandazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Anyone that wants NYR to sign Simon Gagné, is out of their mind. If you've been paying attention, you'd notice the amount of games played since the lock-out (72,76,25,79,58,63). Plus, he's never been able to play a full season in all 11 years as a pro.
That's why we can get him for dirt cheap and if he stays healthy he can be effective. May I remind you that Gaborik has played even less games? It's gambling but it can pay off. Gaborik payed off 1 year, sucked the next.

NYRandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRandazzo View Post
That's why we can get him for dirt cheap and if he stays healthy he can be effective. May I remind you that Gaborik has played even less games? It's gambling but it can pay off. Gaborik payed off 1 year, sucked the next.
I agree. It's all about price with Gagne, if we can get him on the cheap I'd be all over it. Even if he missed a few weeks because he's made of glass, we have guys like Hagelin, Grachev, MZA, etc. who would be very capable of filling roles on the wing, especially later in the season after some more time to develop.

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:49 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
Brian Boyle-1 year, $1.65 million
Michael Sauer-2 years $3 million ($1.5m cap)
Brian boyle,shows great leader ship and netted 20 or whatever goals it was...2-3 yr deal....

Sauer3-4 yr deal,did you not watch him this past season.Kid got leader ,shutdown defenseman written all over him.2-3 d-man,on any team and thats now

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Not in the offseason, and not at the midway point...But by the trade deadline one of the following players I think will make it onto the Rangers roster...

Iginla
Spezza
Weiss

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 04:59 PM
NYRangers77

Prospal - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Avery - Stepan - MZA
Feds - Boyle - Prust

Cole - Richards - Gaborik
Avery - Stepan - MZA
Feds - Boyle - Prust

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
MZA - Anisimov - Jagr
Avery - Stepan -Callahan
Feds - Boyle - Prust

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 05:09 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Not in the offseason, and not at the midway point...But by the trade deadline one of the following players I think will make it onto the Rangers roster...

Iginla
Spezza
Weiss
I think if the rangers sign BR and have a great year up until the trade deadline they will go after Iginla.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 07:40 PM
THOR77

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.850m) / Brad Richards ($6.800m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.700m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Christian Thomas ($0.838m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.000m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Sheldon Souray ($5.400m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,438,333; BONUSES: $2,125,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,961,667
that if Drury waive his ntc for edmonton for Souray
and buyout wolski and eric christenson

THOR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Vitto79

Keep it simple. Alot of good young players on this team

Sign Richards and that's it for UFA

sign all RFAs except boot Gilroy

Sign Feds but the rest of the UFAs walk

Drury on LTI, Redden down of course

trade Christensen for a pick in this yrs or next yrs draft. Worst case I guess he is a spare

I would dp spare F spot a closer to 30 cheap spare like Newbury or Mitchell. Then call up Grachev, Kolarik, Hagelin if someone goes down for a stretch

Erixon, DZ, Valentenko battle it out for playing time in camp. Regardless Vtank has to stay as he could be lost on waivers.

Guessed #s for UFAs and RFAs but I imagine it will be pretty close

FORWARDS
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Artem Anisimov ($2.000m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenkp ($1.250m) / Brian Boyle ($1.500m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ / Kris Newbury ($0.512m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.250m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)
Pavel Valentenko ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,162,500; BONUSES: $2,337,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,237,500

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:38 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Keep it simple. Alot of good young players on this team

Sign Richards and that's it for UFA

sign all RFAs except boot Gilroy

Sign Feds but the rest of the UFAs walk

Drury on LTI, Redden down of course

trade Christensen for a pick in this yrs or next yrs draft. Worst case I guess he is a spare

I would dp spare F spot a closer to 30 cheap spare like Newbury or Mitchell. Then call up Grachev, Kolarik, Hagelin if someone goes down for a stretch

Erixon, DZ, Valentenko battle it out for playing time in camp. Regardless Vtank has to stay as he could be lost on waivers.

Guessed #s for UFAs and RFAs but I imagine it will be pretty close

FORWARDS
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Artem Anisimov ($2.000m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenkp ($1.250m) / Brian Boyle ($1.500m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ / Kris Newbury ($0.512m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.250m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)
Pavel Valentenko ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,162,500; BONUSES: $2,337,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,237,500
I love it.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:29 PM
iamthewalrus

Assuming we get richards and resign all of our RFA's, what's everyone think now that the draft's completed. No need for caps/salaries, just their line predictions

iamthewalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Assuming we get richards and resign all of our RFA's, what's everyone think now that the draft's completed. No need for caps/salaries, just their line predictions
well it does'nt change much as the picks are for the future. Grachev is gone but I would of seen him in the minors regardless so it means Hagelin, Kolarik, Weise are my top 3 kids to get called. Newbury and Mitchell may both be down or one as the cheap spare on the big club.

Can someone mention some other kids that plan on being in Hartford this year? Bourque will be in the AHL right? I assume Thomas does not make the team and plays one more yr in the OHL

Old
06-25-2011, 11:23 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

FORWARDS
Wojtek Wolski - Derek Stepan - Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky - Artem Anisimov - Ryan Callahan
Mats Zucarello - Brian Boyle - Brandon Prust
Carl Hagelin - Oscar Lindberg - Jesper Fasth/Dale Weise

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal - Daniel Girardi
Ryan McDonagh - Mike Sauer
Tim Erixon - Valentenko
Michael Del Zotto starts the season in the AHL as the main guy and earns the callup

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist Martin Biron

NOTES
1. As much as I liked Fedetenko's game I prefer to see kids earn a roster spot instead of old guys earning a 1 year paycheck.
2. I prefer to see/hear about MDZ being top dog on a nightly basis in the AHL and improving his turnoveritis. He has the offensive ability no doubt about that, its the defensive miscues that have to be addressed with top pairing minutes.
3. I would prefer NOT to sign Richards to a Drury/Gomez/Redden type contract and instead wait for a chance to acquire a solid forward in a trade.
4. The Devils, Icelanders and Flyers are all transitioning to younger teams which the Rangers started a few seasons ago so I think NYR are ahead of the curve. Don't throw the plan out yet.
5. Coach Tortarella is known for having great powerplays so I expect that area to improve next season ideally letting Staal sit while NY is on the extra man leaving him to play more 5 on 5 or on the PK.
6. Hopefully most players continue to improve on their stats and NY can score more by committee.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Ke11y96

Just odd but I think we go for Laich for some strange reason...sign Richards, and sign J. Ericsson.

Laich - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin/Avery - Stepan - Zuccarello
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
Erixon - Sauer
McDonagh - Ericsson

I think Anisimov's line gets more ice time but Stepan will get more PP time then Anisimov.

This of course is just one of many different scenario's that could play out in shaping the roster..

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:51 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I will be extremely upset if they go after Laich.

I don't want him on this team. He's very repetitive over here.

06-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Ke11y96

I don't want him either but it wouldn't surprise me if he's signed...

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Geffres
@geffres on twitter

Whoever listed the team with Jagr, Jokinen, and Richards that was pretty sick not going to lie. Btw am I the only one on this board who thinks Wolski is a pretty talented player that we could find some use for?

Geffres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Janerixon

Buyout Chris Drury and give him a front office/special assistant coach position (PK/faceoffs) as it is rumored he will accept a buyout as of today in the NY post

Sign Brad Richards, I am expecting he will get a 7 year contract that pays him over $50 million like he wants, I wouldn't give him more than 5 years personally and take a bigger cap hit, but I suspect he will get 7 years with a 7.5 million dollar cap hit, front loaded (10, 8, 8, 7, 7 6.25, 6.25) with a No trade clause, BUT not a no movement clause

The real question is does Sather go after Brunette or Jokinen to play on the top line or do we stick with Wolski, I am going to stick with him since he is training with Underhill, I don't think they would have invited him if they planned to buy him out, we will know by thursday

This is how I see it, we could see a return of Eminger or maybe Sather signs Babchuk, this lineup is with only one UFA, and thats not Sather's style at all

FORWARDS
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Brad Richards ($7.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Chris Haglein ($0.662m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.500m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($1.850m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ Erik Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michael Sauer ($1.500m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS

BUYOUT
Chris Drury ($3.717m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,366,667; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,933,333

I love having close to $3 million in cap space for a trade at the deadline, we have kids who can be called up in Zucc, MDZ, Kundratek, Newbury, Weise, etc

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Vitto79

If they can sign Richards that gives alot of depth down the middle with him, Stepan ,Anisimov and Boyle

I would not be shocked to see Boyle slide to the wing and the team signs a Halpern on the cheap for 4th line C

It would conceivably open up a competition for that last top 6 spot between Wolski, Boyle, Zuccarello

Prust and Avery do the dirty worth in the bottom 6. In this case Feds would not come back

so its either cheap 4th line C or Feds back and Boyle stays at C. Otherwise who the heck plays 4th line C really?

I know Christensen is under contract but does anyone really see him as a 4th line C?

Richards, Anisimov, Stepan, Halpern
Dubinsky, Wolski, Boyle, Avery
Gaborik, Callahan, Zuccarello, Prust

not a bad group