HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2011-2012 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2011, 06:08 PM
RunFromTheBear

vCash: 500
304, 13, mid row to
312, 11, close to aisle and 311.

I'm really worried about the stairs.

Old
06-22-2011, 06:11 PM
schmautzy

not much left?
no loge?

Old
06-22-2011, 06:20 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
not much left?
no loge?
I didn't get there until 6:20. They had some in section 15 in the last row before the old premium seats but they were directly up the stairs. No pairs in the loge on the shoot twice side. Only other pair of loge I saw on the end that were a pair was in row 6 in 19 or 20. Too low I think. Also had row 2 in 329, a couple seats in from 328 but wasn't paying $69 to try and look over a leaner. They stopped retagging at 630 so I didn't even get the option of switching seats to where people were leaving from. They said those would go to 10 game plans.

Old
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan View Post
3. Here is the big one - Row 1 leaners blocked the goal net. Ugh, have I mentioned that I HATE leaners.
Why not organize a campaign to get the Garden to ban "hanging" (vs. leaning), i.e., move people off the railing? Seems fair and easy enough to do. The ushers enforce other things like that.

Old
06-22-2011, 06:30 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
I didn't get there until 6:20. They had some in section 15 in the last row before the old premium seats but they were directly up the stairs. No pairs in the loge on the shoot twice side. Only other pair of loge I saw on the end that were a pair was in row 6 in 19 or 20. Too low I think. Also had row 2 in 329, a couple seats in from 328 but wasn't paying $69 to try and look over a leaner. They stopped retagging at 630 so I didn't even get the option of switching seats to where people were leaving from. They said those would go to 10 game plans.
That sucks. They should have re-tagged and let people finish it off.

Old
06-22-2011, 06:32 PM
JWMGT90

319 row 15 to 312 row 10. Pumped to get on the x2 side

Old
06-22-2011, 06:49 PM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
The leaners wouldn't have mattered because I was on the end closest to 321.

Uggggg... I f'd it up
When I was in 320 I had was 5th and 6th seat from the aisle so close to 321. Row 1 leaners blocked the net, trust me I experienced it. I would not beat yourself up too much. Now that they are maxed out on season tickets and if you did move and found that there was more of a leaner problem than where you are now you could have been stuck with the seats.

Old
06-22-2011, 06:51 PM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Williams View Post
Why not organize a campaign to get the Garden to ban "hanging" (vs. leaning), i.e., move people off the railing? Seems fair and easy enough to do. The ushers enforce other things like that.
I sit in Loge now so someone else will have to organize the campaign.

Old
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
SpeedyLazaro

I will spearhead the anti-leaner "bossfan" bill.

Old
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
SpeedyLazaro

All it would take is signs "please respect the people behind you. Leaning on the rail is prohibited"

Old
06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
bossfan

Quote:
All it would take is signs "please respect the people behind you. Leaning on the rail is prohibited"
Jeremy will have to fork over some extra dough for the signs.

Yeah yeah yeah I know we just won the cup and he spends to the cap. Just trying throw in some bad humor.

Last edited by bossfan: 06-22-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old
06-22-2011, 07:21 PM
RunFromTheBear

They could just get rid of the wall/rail so if you lean forward you go over the edge.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:39 PM
bossfan

Quote:
They could just get rid of the wall/rail so if you lean forward you go over the edge.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Perfect solution. Short of that, I am going to speak about it to the fan relations team. I think the No Leaning on the Railing rule is simple, practical, and enforceable.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:54 PM
bossfan

Quote:
Perfect solution. Short of that, I am going to speak about it to the fan relations team. I think the No Leaning on the Railing rule is simple, practical, and enforceable.
Let us know how it goes. The enforceable part works only if the ushers are willing to enforce it.

Old
06-22-2011, 08:49 PM
SpeedyLazaro

I just called the guy that sits in back of me... I feel better

he would miss me. he'd have no one to laugh at anymore.

Old
06-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Please do. I have a leaner/hanger in row 1 (I'm row 3) and even though I have asked him nicely to not do it, he just laughed at me and keeps doing it.

Mind you, this gem only shows up for the "big games" during the playoffs. And when I asked him not to lean he scoffed and said "ha. no. I'm a season ticket holder".

Old
06-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I scored on row 2 section 320... Walked up to the counter to check out and it dawned on "the netting"... I got cold feet and gave them back.. Then I went back up for a second look and realized the seats were directly at the bottom of he stairs. I don't want drunks falling, spilling, and hovering around the wife and I. And it was the family section.

Defensive end, family section, bottom of steps, looking through the netting... And finally, listening to my wife all season saying "why'd you switch... I liked it better over there... I can't stand the people barreling down the stairs"

Oh well... I like my section, my perfectly unobstructed view, and he people around me.

If it ain't broken don't fix it...
Section 320 is actually the student section. Section 326 is the "Family section." I had seats in 326 row 2 bfore the past season. They were two seat in from the aisle on the 327 side. I used them pretty often...and didn't ever have issues with drunks or the railing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
not much left?
no loge?
Quote:
There were loge pairs left. There was a pair on the shoot 2x end in loge 7 row 25 seats 5,6 all the way untill I left at 6:15. Was realy surprised no one took them. But I'm guessing the fact that one of the tags kept on falling down and it always looked like a single, didn't help There were also several available in loge 15 all the way till almost 6. I think there were two separate pairs and a group of 4 in loge 15. I almost moved my L19 pair to L7 row 25...but decided against it.

06-22-2011, 09:15 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Section 320 is actually the student section. Section 326 is the "Family section." I had seats in 326 row 2 bfore the past season. They were two seat in from the aisle on the 327 side. I used them pretty often...and didn't ever have issues with drunks or the railing.

There were loge pairs left. There was a pair on the shoot 2x end in loge 7 row 25 seats 5,6 all the way untill I left at 6:15. Was realy surprised no one took them. But I'm guessing the fact that one of the tags kept on falling down and it always looked like a single, didn't help
I was there the same time you were there... I saw a ton of loge pairs.. good one's too. unless they were 3's that I was mistaking for pairs.

I was in a bright blue raincoat, btw. .

Old
06-22-2011, 09:28 PM
ProdigalFan
Don'tGrowOnTrees

I'm in Loge 8, Row 25, fairly close to the aisle between 7 and 8. Love my seats.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:16 PM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Please do. I have a leaner/hanger in row 1 (I'm row 3) and even though I have asked him nicely to not do it, he just laughed at me and keeps doing it.

Mind you, this gem only shows up for the "big games" during the playoffs. And when I asked him not to lean he scoffed and said "ha. no. I'm a season ticket holder".
That's too bad. What an a*hole that guy is. I give the row 1 seat people some benefit of doubt that they don't know that they become an obstruction when they hang over the rail. But to be nicely asked and still refuse is selfish.

I think that the Bruins know that there is an issue which is why the row 1 end balcony seats are priced double the row 2 seats.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan View Post
That's too bad. What an a*hole that guy is. I give the row 1 seat people some benefit of doubt that they don't know that they become an obstruction when they hang over the rail. But to be nicely asked and still refuse is selfish.
When the hanging is persistent, I always ask if they wouldn't mind not leaning over the railing because it blocks our view. Only once has this not been fine with the fan. Middle-aged Whitey Bulger types (who own the seats but always sell or give them away) swore loudly and violently at me, threatened me, and went straight back to hanging worse than ever just for spite.

The solution for everyone, really, is to ban hanging on the rail. It is quite reasonable to ask. After all, the ushers enforce the request that fans don't move to their seats before a whistle. The no-hanging prohibition would be far less a demand on the garden personnel.

Old
06-23-2011, 06:56 AM
NASCL

They still have that Fan Advisory Group? Sounds like the leaning issue would be perfect for that.

Personally, I bounce around everywhere in the building during the season but love my Sec 323 Row 15 seats (considered worst in the building) because I can stand and see everything.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
All for it if it means I will be able to see the net and not miss big goals like Horton's game 7 Tampa goal. They don't care if you tell them not to lean they always toss the well I paid a lot of money for these seats line. I'm really hoping that row 3 was sold as season tickets this year.

I am Boston Strong

Old
06-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I was there the same time you were there... I saw a ton of loge pairs.. good one's too. unless they were 3's that I was mistaking for pairs.

I was in a bright blue raincoat, btw. .

I don't recall seeing anyone in a bright blue rain coat...but my memory sucks.

My friend and I hung out in my 316 row 9 and 10 seats most of the day. Was hoping to land a pair right next to mine like last year. never happened. Closest they came is tagging a pair in 315 row 10 on the 316 aisle. And tagging a pair in 317 row 10 on the 316 aisle. So we stuck with what we had. They did tag a single in 316 row 9 around 5 pm-ish. it was only one seat over from my group of 3. Unfortunately it didn't do me any good, being just a single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
I'm in Loge 8, Row 25, fairly close to the aisle between 7 and 8. Love my seats.
I have a friend who bought a pair of ST for next year in L8 row 25. I believe he is on the L9 end of the aisle though.

Closed Thread