HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Live Video Chat with Gordie Clark - Wednesday 6/22 @ 6pm est

Old
06-22-2011, 08:08 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Actually, it's until the player is 20 or he's been in the CHL for 4 years. But yes, more often than not, that means 2 years post draft.
Corrected. Thanks GAGLine

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Doesn't seem to put much weight into the interviews of the combine
i think its more about not putting too much weight into any one factor. interviews can give you some good insight into how smart a kid is or what kind of character he has, but you also have to remember that he's still a kid and was probably trained for the interview. plus we sometimes get hung up on those extra things but how a guy interviews or how many situps he does at the combine can't override what he does on the ice.

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gorton didn't comment much about Biggs but his body language gave you his answer. He likes Biggs.

I noticed that he started to squirm in his seat when they started to talk about Tyler Biggs. I also think it was quite obvious that they like Biggs. Hopefully he is there at 15.

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:26 PM
NYR Viper

How long does it take to upload a video onto a website? 10 minutes? Maybe....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Jacques Strap

I also got my question answered about do the Rangers have a certain player in mind and if he is not there, will they trade down for more picks. Also a statement about strong character or most important trait in a player. This sounds like Biggs to me.

Old
06-22-2011, 08:45 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Line View Post
I also got my question answered about do the Rangers have a certain player in mind and if he is not there, will they trade down for more picks. Also a statement about strong character or most important trait in a player. This sounds like Biggs to me.
Rangers have reportedly/apparently been placing a strong emphasis on character attributes with regards to their decisions with their draft selections over the last several years... You definitely get that impression very quickly listening to and reading the interviews given immediately after the draft each year from Rangers personnel. Rangers have had a ton of prospects come through their system that were leaders on their respective Junior, NCAA, or minor league teams and worn C's or A's. I think we are seeing some of the strong character from these selections with players like Callahan, Staal, even Dubinsky, and will soon be seeing that from the likes of Stepan, McDonagh, and shortly after players such as Kreider, Hagelin, and Thomas. You hear lots of positive things said about these guys with regards to their personality attributes and character. It will pay big dividends for this organization in the coming years.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:54 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Holy hell. I just visited rangers.nhl.com and it had a splash screen and tried to re-direct me to blueshirtsunited.com site or whatever that's supposed to be. Took me like 3 minutes to figure out how to get to the normal Rangers site.... Jerks...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:57 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Huge mistake. This organization has enough 3rd liners. Puempel or Bartschi would be absolutely perfect. They score goals

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Rangers have reportedly/apparently been placing a strong emphasis on character attributes with regards to their decisions with their draft selections over the last several years... You definitely get that impression very quickly listening to and reading the interviews given immediately after the draft each year from Rangers personnel. Rangers have had a ton of prospects come through their system that were leaders on their respective Junior, NCAA, or minor league teams and worn C's or A's. I think we are seeing some of the strong character from these selections with players like Callahan, Staal, even Dubinsky, and will soon be seeing that from the likes of Stepan, McDonagh, and shortly after players such as Kreider, Hagelin, and Thomas. You hear lots of positive things said about these guys with regards to their personality attributes and character. It will pay big dividends for this organization in the coming years.
Not another plug for Biggs, but he was the captain of the US under 18 team. So I guess the people at USA hockey also agree on his strong character.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Huge mistake. This organization has enough 3rd liners. Puempel or Bartschi would be absolutely perfect. They score goals

I wouldn't mind Puempel or Bartschi if we drop down and I do think that the Rangers need scoring, but I think the type of player that Clark and Gorton want and like is more along the line of Tyler Biggs. He's a good skater, good shot, extremely physical, tenacious forechecker and very good fighter to boot. Toughest kid in the draft. I think he has a similar style of play and the upside of Drew Stafford. Good skater, drives the net but Biggs is much more physical. The most physical player that the US program has produced. He is not without skill. We don't have this type of player on the Rangers. POWER FORWARD. We will not get a first line talent at #15. I think at #15, if he is still there, he is a good pick and he will be our pick.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Take this and save it for yourself some place. Take it out and read it down the road. I'm sure it will bring a smile.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Leetch3

i guess the video isn't being posted tonight afterall

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 02:59 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

well, in Gordie I trust. If Biggs is his man, then Biggs I'm fine with. After pulling gems like Hagelin, Fasth, Thomas, Kreider, Horak, Stepan, Grachev, etc. it's easy to trust our head scout.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
i guess the video isn't being posted tonight afterall
It's up now.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Is Scheifele the guy?

Quote:
15. RANGERS: Mark Scheifele, Barrie (OHL)
A good two-way player with lots of offensive skills. Still unpolished and light at 177 pounds, so he won't be in the pro mix for a couple years, but has the skill to make an impact eventually.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...p-10-1.2976825

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:32 AM
beastly115

Frankly, the players available where we pick are so close, to me it doesn't really matter who we select. I'd be happy with either McNeill, Biggs, or Scheifele.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
I noticed that he started to squirm in his seat when they started to talk about Tyler Biggs. I also think it was quite obvious that they like Biggs. Hopefully he is there at 15.
I just watched the chat. Body language is normally a telling sign and Biggs could be their guy. Biggs or McNeil.

Less than 24 hours to draft! I love this time of year.

Old
06-23-2011, 06:35 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Would like Scheifele, but I think he'll be gone by 15. McNeill or Biggs look to be the guy, whomever is still available. If both are available we will find out who they like better.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Levitate

didn't really see that they got all fidgety when talking about Biggs. Gorton was already pulling on his ear and stuff before Biggs was brought up and to me seemed to be more thinking about the Father question rather than Biggs himself

I wouldn't read a lot into it yet

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:01 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Puempel or Bartschi if we drop down and I do think that the Rangers need scoring, but I think the type of player that Clark and Gorton want and like is more along the line of Tyler Biggs. He's a good skater, good shot, extremely physical, tenacious forechecker and very good fighter to boot. Toughest kid in the draft. I think he has a similar style of play and the upside of Drew Stafford. Good skater, drives the net but Biggs is much more physical. The most physical player that the US program has produced. He is not without skill. We don't have this type of player on the Rangers. POWER FORWARD. We will not get a first line talent at #15. I think at #15, if he is still there, he is a good pick and he will be our pick.

Biggs has 55 point upside. I understand we won't get a first liner in all likelihood, but someone who can score and score on the PP is crucial

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
well, in Gordie I trust. If Biggs is his man, then Biggs I'm fine with. After pulling gems like Hagelin, Fasth, Thomas, Kreider, Horak, Stepan, Grachev, etc. it's easy to trust our head scout.
i wouldnt exactly call them gems just yet. only 1 of those guys is actually in the nhl. only 2 of those guys have ever even played a pro game in north america. so lets actually wait and see what happens with a couple of them before we go nuts about clark.

that mcilrath pick is still looking very ugly with the way cam fowler has played. and pretty much every 12 year old on this board knew cam fowler was going to be a star and sure enough he's right on track.

also hated the mdz pick over carlson. i believe in mdz but he's not going to be the complete package that carlson pretty much already is.

i'll reserve judgement until some of these guys pan out. of that list i really only see kreider and thomas becoming impact nhlers other than stepan of course who was an AMAZING pick

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Levitate

I'd keep an eye on Fasth, though I think you also have to give him several years developing in Sweden. He might be one of those guys who could become a 20-40 type player

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
i wouldnt exactly call them gems just yet. only 1 of those guys is actually in the nhl. only 2 of those guys have ever even played a pro game in north america. so lets actually wait and see what happens with a couple of them before we go nuts about clark.

that mcilrath pick is still looking very ugly with the way cam fowler has played. and pretty much every 12 year old on this board knew cam fowler was going to be a star and sure enough he's right on track.

also hated the mdz pick over carlson. i believe in mdz but he's not going to be the complete package that carlson pretty much already is.

i'll reserve judgement until some of these guys pan out. of that list i really only see kreider and thomas becoming impact nhlers other than stepan of course who was an AMAZING pick
Isn't there this guy on the Rangers that had a strong rookie season and slumped? How do we know the same won't happen to Fowler? You shouldn't be judging the McIlrath pick until we see whether Fowler shows up next season and actually doesn't slump. We've also never seen McIlrath play so don't judge the pick yet.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Someone should have asked Gorton to compare Biggs and Lucic.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:19 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Boss just took my question about moving into the top 8
What was the answer?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote