HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Tavares Replacement Blade

Old
06-23-2011, 11:08 AM
GLG

vCash: 500
CCM Tavares Replacement Blade

anyone know if one exists? I've searched but no luck.

Apparently the Bauer P88 (Kane) is similar but I prefer the Tavares curve & square toe.

Thanks in advance,
GLG

GLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:18 PM
mbeam

Good luck. I couldn't find one in any of the shops. They have the U+ Crazy Strong replacement blade in Tavares but I never found it. I ended up with the P88, it's definitely a different curve but the transition wasn't too hard. I know what you mean about the square toe and flat/unrockered blade. Best of luck!

mbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeam View Post
Good luck. I couldn't find one in any of the shops. They have the U+ Crazy Strong replacement blade in Tavares but I never found it. I ended up with the P88, it's definitely a different curve but the transition wasn't too hard. I know what you mean about the square toe and flat/unrockered blade. Best of luck!
I may call CCM to see if they can direct me to a dealer that carries the TAVARES blade... I'll report back here

Old
06-23-2011, 12:54 PM
GLG

spoke to a customer service rep at CCM and they do not make CCM Replacement blades because they don't have CCM shafts.... doh!

Old
06-23-2011, 01:15 PM
mbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLG View Post
spoke to a customer service rep at CCM and they do not make CCM Replacement blades because they don't have CCM shafts.... doh!
That's definitely not true. I've seen them in stores... Never the Tavares pattern but I've seen Lecavieller and Ovechkins.

This link says otherwise as well: http://www.thehockeyshop.com/us/ccm-...ite-blade.html

How can the rep say that?

mbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
ponder

Don't worry, the guy you spoke to is simply wrong, CCM makes two blade/shaft combos. Their standard blade/shaft is the U+ 10, and their tapered blade/shaft is the U+ CS. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I *THINK* the Reebok Datsyuk is a virtual clone, it's a very fun curve, a fairly closed mid curve with a square toe, reasonably little rocker, and a pretty low lie (listed as a lie 6, but it's comparable to a lie 5 Easton/Bauer). Never used the Tavares, but from seeing it in shops it looks either the same or basically the same as the Datsyuk.

The Bauer Kane is a bit different, the curve starts a bit more towards the heel, and the bottom is more rockered. The Easton Iginla is pretty similar to the Datsyuk/Tavares (if they're indeed the same), but the Iginla has a higher lie (not according to the companies, but definitely the case if you compare the blades side by side).

Edit: oops, mbeam posted that as I was typing, but yeah, I've seen them in shops too, CCM definitely makes blade/shaft combos

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:11 AM
MNWild9

hockey monkey has them in standard and tapered heres the link http://www.hockeymonkey.com/repblades-ccm-sr.html

just the price sucks big time

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 01:07 PM
GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWild9 View Post
hockey monkey has them in standard and tapered heres the link http://www.hockeymonkey.com/repblades-ccm-sr.html

just the price sucks big time
Thanks for the info & link... For that price I might as well kick in the difference & pick up a 1-piece U+10 @ $99 at my LHS... maybe even pick up 2 of them and try to get a discount from the owner ;-)