HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Regehr asked to waive NMC for Buffalo, agrees to waive; Kotalik involved too

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2011, 01:21 PM
  #26
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,863
vCash: 500
Regehr for Smyth?

LA's defensive depth would be nuts.

TOML is online now  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
  #27
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!
 
Rob Nieds work ethic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,600
vCash: 500
He said that San Jose has expressed interest in Regehr several times before.

Rob Nieds work ethic is online now  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
  #28
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Regehr for Smyth++?

LA's defensive depth would be nuts.
Fixed.

Xelstyle is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:23 PM
  #29
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,638
vCash: 500
How good does Buffalo consider Weber? Perhaps a 1st and him? Something around that..

Or if Calgary's looking for a forward prospect...Regehr for Luke Adam?

King In The North is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:23 PM
  #30
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,212
vCash: 500
he'd be a great addition for Montreal...

something around Regher/Kristo:

To CGY
Kristo
Spacek
3rd 2012

To Mtl
Regher
Bouma or Pelech


Calgary adds a quality offensive prospect, an additional pick next year, and a stop-gap veteran dman, while saving a bit of cap space.

Montreal adds a physical 2nd pairing dman and a prospect with size/grit.

Miller Time is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
  #31
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 7,220
vCash: 245
STL: Cole and 32 overall
CAL: Regehr

SirPaste is online now  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
  #32
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Would Calgary move Regehr for one of the WAS goalies?

Which goalie would WAS be willing to move for him (Holtby / Varly / Neuvy)
why?
cause we dont have kipper and karlson locked up?
and cause we dont have irving and ortio coming up in the system/

the flames need impact forwards.

Haatley is online now  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
  #33
weems
Registered User
 
weems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
Then you obviously don't watch him play.
I actually DO watch him play quite a bit.
He was very good under the old rules where you could clutch, grab, slow down and just beat up guys in front of the net but with the new rules he no longer is able to do these things and its greatly watered down his game especially when trying to shut down fast highly skilled forwards. He routinely has gotten exposed in the neutral zone the past few years with oncoming speed and hes had a bad habit of turning the puck over. Sure hes still physical and a good PK'er but his impact 5 on 5 is nowhere close to what it used to be. Its not entirely his fault because a good majority of shutdown bluelines have not been nearly effective under the new rules. He'd be a decent addition to some teams in dire need of a physical dman but I really wouldnt give up much for him and his game has certainly been trending downwards the past few seasons.

weems is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:28 PM
  #34
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
I actually DO watch him play quite a bit.
He was very good under the old rules where you could clutch, grab, slow down and just beat up guys in front of the net but with the new rules he no longer is able to do these things and its greatly watered down his game especially when trying to shut down fast highly skilled forwards. He routinely has gotten exposed in the neutral zone the past few years with oncoming speed and hes had a bad habit of turning the puck over. Sure hes still physical and a good PK'er but his impact 5 on 5 is nowhere close to what it used to be. Its not entirely his fault because a good majority of shutdown bluelines have not been nearly effective under the new rules. He'd be a decent addition to some teams in dire need of a physical dman but I really wouldnt give up much for him and his game has certainly been trending downwards the past few seasons.
Noted. And of course, who would be what they were 3-4 years ago? Minus some of the obvious choices of course...


But at the same time, you're pointing him out to be a run-down, burnt-out pylon and that's just simply wrong. Can you beat him with speed? Yes. Has it actually happened all that often? No.

Xelstyle is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
  #35
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
I actually DO watch him play quite a bit.
He was very good under the old rules where you could clutch, grab, slow down and just beat up guys in front of the net but with the new rules he no longer is able to do these things and its greatly watered down his game especially when trying to shut down fast highly skilled forwards. He routinely has gotten exposed in the neutral zone the past few years with oncoming speed and hes had a bad habit of turning the puck over. Sure hes still physical and a good PK'er but his impact 5 on 5 is nowhere close to what it used to be. Its not entirely his fault because a good majority of shutdown bluelines have not been nearly effective under the new rules. He'd be a decent addition to some teams in dire need of a physical dman but I really wouldnt give up much for him and his game has certainly been trending downwards the past few seasons.
It's true.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
  #36
nEaLB4ZoD
Registered User
 
nEaLB4ZoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
How good does Buffalo consider Weber? Perhaps a 1st and him? Something around that
He was pretty good as a rookie this year. About as sound defensively as a rookie defender can be expect for the elite defenders. He didn't fair to well in fights but he is big, physical and will use his body often. He was much better offensively than I thought he would be with 4 goals and 13 assists in 58 games, and some pretty decent passing.

I personally really like his chances of being a solid top 4 guy but with Myers, Sekera, Gragani, and a bunch of high quality defenders in the Sabres system, I would be willing to move him.

nEaLB4ZoD is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:31 PM
  #37
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
he'd be a great addition for Montreal...

something around Regher/Kristo:

To CGY
Kristo
Spacek
3rd 2012

To Mtl
Regher
Bouma or Pelech


Calgary adds a quality offensive prospect, an additional pick next year, and a stop-gap veteran dman, while saving a bit of cap space.

Montreal adds a physical 2nd pairing dman and a prospect with size/grit.
We'll give you Pelech for free. Bouma, we'll keep.
If you're going to sell Kristo to us, instead of the 2012 3rd, we'll probably want another 2nd as well that year if not more.

Xelstyle is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
  #38
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
How good does Buffalo consider Weber? Perhaps a 1st and him? Something around that..

Or if Calgary's looking for a forward prospect...Regehr for Luke Adam?
Shipping out Weber is somewhat a lateral move. They need to get tougher, not trade one gritty d-man for another.

I'd consider your second choice strongly, if all they have to add to Adam is a non-1st rounder or a depth forward like Boyes.

ct2111 is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
  #39
Tie Domi Esquire
;;
 
Tie Domi Esquire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Obviously, Regehr and Bouwmeester are cancers in the locker room.

Tie Domi Esquire is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
  #40
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,833
vCash: 500
Tampa could be interested

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
  #41
Flamesfan13
Registered User
 
Flamesfan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
From a flames fan POV, I would be happy if we can move up the draft to top 5 for Regher. I want Gabriel Landeskog he's gonna be a future captain

Flamesfan13 is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:35 PM
  #42
GeeoffBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Anybody that has watched him the past few years really shouldnt be interested in him. He is no longer a impact player and hardly ever shuts anyone down. His two huge holes of mediocre skating and fumbling of the puck have become huge issues with the speed of the game ever increasing. A team really shouldnt offer anything more then a 2nd round pick.
I disagree. Regehr had a weak 09/10 but he was back to form in 10/11.

GeeoffBrown is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
  #43
Dreakon
Registered User
 
Dreakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mighty Taco
Country: United States
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Buffalo is interested, very interested. Dunno how or for what, but I hope we make this happen.

Dreakon is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
  #44
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeoffBrown View Post
I disagree. Regehr had a weak 09/10 but he was back to form in 10/11.
very true. he was very disappointing, but last season the beast in him returned.

Haatley is online now  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:39 PM
  #45
Heaters not lazt*
 
Heaters not lazt*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfernee Hardaway View Post
Obviously, Regehr and Bouwmeester are cancers in the locker room.
Luckily it only took Calgary 860 games to realize Regehr was a caner.

Heaters not lazt* is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
  #46
DCRedhawk21
Registered User
 
DCRedhawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Regher would fit great on Washington if they aren't going to resign Hannan and Poti isn't going to be able to play. Otherwise they already have 8 D-men signed IIRC so they would probably want to trade one before taking him on.


Also, I give it a .01% chance that GMGM trades Alzner, Carlson, Johansson, or Orlov, even if that unwillingness causes the deal will fall through. I know those are probably the players Calgary fans are most interested in, but past history shows GMGM won't do it (he refused to offer Carlson in an otherwise acceptable package for Pronger before Carlson had ever played a game in the NHL).

Not sure what Calgary would want otherwise. Maybe the deal includes some combination of Schultz, Fehr, picks, Perrault, a young goalie, and picks? Not sure they'd care for one year of Semin at 6.7 million...

DCRedhawk21 is online now  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:41 PM
  #47
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRedhawk21 View Post
Regher would fit great on Washington if they aren't going to resign Hannan and Poti isn't going to be able to play. Otherwise they already have 8 D-men signed IIRC so they would probably want to trade one before taking him on.


Also, I give it a .01% chance that GMGM trades Alzner, Carlson, Johansson, or Orlov, even if that unwillingness causes the deal will fall through. I know those are probably the players Calgary fans are most interested in, but past history shows GMGM won't do it (he refused to offer Carlson in an otherwise acceptable package for Pronger before Carlson had ever played a game in the NHL).

Not sure what Calgary would want otherwise. Maybe the deal includes some combination of Schultz, Fehr, picks, Perrault, a young goalie, and picks? Not sure they'd care for one year of Semin at 6.7 million...
I'm thinking that Schultz would definitely come the other way. Adding a 1st wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility would it? Although, Calgary would be better off aiming for a young forward and a first if possible.

Xelstyle is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:44 PM
  #48
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,597
vCash: 500
I can see him heading to the Island.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
  #49
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Shipping out Weber is somewhat a lateral move. They need to get tougher, not trade one gritty d-man for another.

I'd consider your second choice strongly, if all they have to add to Adam is a non-1st rounder or a depth forward like Boyes.
Hmm, I would probably do that. How about Regehr and the 45th for Adam and the 16th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRedhawk21 View Post
Regher would fit great on Washington if they aren't going to resign Hannan and Poti isn't going to be able to play. Otherwise they already have 8 D-men signed IIRC so they would probably want to trade one before taking him on.


Also, I give it a .01% chance that GMGM trades Alzner, Carlson, Johansson, or Orlov, even if that unwillingness causes the deal will fall through. I know those are probably the players Calgary fans are most interested in, but past history shows GMGM won't do it (he refused to offer Carlson in an otherwise acceptable package for Pronger before Carlson had ever played a game in the NHL).

Not sure what Calgary would want otherwise. Maybe the deal includes some combination of Schultz, Fehr, picks, Perrault, a young goalie, and picks? Not sure they'd care for one year of Semin at 6.7 million...
I'm pretty sure the Capitals already tried to get him for Fleischmann and the Flames balked at that.

theIceWookie is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
  #50
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив
 
Karl with a C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 15,739
vCash: 990
He's going to the Sabres

Karl with a C is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.