HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Regehr asked to waive NMC for Buffalo, agrees to waive; Kotalik involved too

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 01:21 PM
TOML

vCash: 500
Regehr for Smyth?

LA's defensive depth would be nuts.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

He said that San Jose has expressed interest in Regehr several times before.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Regehr for Smyth++?

LA's defensive depth would be nuts.
Fixed.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:23 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

How good does Buffalo consider Weber? Perhaps a 1st and him? Something around that..

Or if Calgary's looking for a forward prospect...Regehr for Luke Adam?

Old
06-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Miller Time

he'd be a great addition for Montreal...

something around Regher/Kristo:

To CGY
Kristo
Spacek
3rd 2012

To Mtl
Regher
Bouma or Pelech

Calgary adds a quality offensive prospect, an additional pick next year, and a stop-gap veteran dman, while saving a bit of cap space.

Montreal adds a physical 2nd pairing dman and a prospect with size/grit.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
STL: Cole and 32 overall
CAL: Regehr

Old
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Haatley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Would Calgary move Regehr for one of the WAS goalies?

Which goalie would WAS be willing to move for him (Holtby / Varly / Neuvy)
why?
cause we dont have kipper and karlson locked up?
and cause we dont have irving and ortio coming up in the system/

the flames need impact forwards.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
Then you obviously don't watch him play.
I actually DO watch him play quite a bit.
He was very good under the old rules where you could clutch, grab, slow down and just beat up guys in front of the net but with the new rules he no longer is able to do these things and its greatly watered down his game especially when trying to shut down fast highly skilled forwards. He routinely has gotten exposed in the neutral zone the past few years with oncoming speed and hes had a bad habit of turning the puck over. Sure hes still physical and a good PK'er but his impact 5 on 5 is nowhere close to what it used to be. Its not entirely his fault because a good majority of shutdown bluelines have not been nearly effective under the new rules. He'd be a decent addition to some teams in dire need of a physical dman but I really wouldnt give up much for him and his game has certainly been trending downwards the past few seasons.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
He was very good under the old rules where you could clutch, grab, slow down and just beat up guys in front of the net but with the new rules he no longer is able to do these things and its greatly watered down his game especially when trying to shut down fast highly skilled forwards. He routinely has gotten exposed in the neutral zone the past few years with oncoming speed and hes had a bad habit of turning the puck over. Sure hes still physical and a good PK'er but his impact 5 on 5 is nowhere close to what it used to be. Its not entirely his fault because a good majority of shutdown bluelines have not been nearly effective under the new rules. He'd be a decent addition to some teams in dire need of a physical dman but I really wouldnt give up much for him and his game has certainly been trending downwards the past few seasons.
Noted. And of course, who would be what they were 3-4 years ago? Minus some of the obvious choices of course...

But at the same time, you're pointing him out to be a run-down, burnt-out pylon and that's just simply wrong. Can you beat him with speed? Yes. Has it actually happened all that often? No.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
It's true.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
How good does Buffalo consider Weber? Perhaps a 1st and him? Something around that
He was pretty good as a rookie this year. About as sound defensively as a rookie defender can be expect for the elite defenders. He didn't fair to well in fights but he is big, physical and will use his body often. He was much better offensively than I thought he would be with 4 goals and 13 assists in 58 games, and some pretty decent passing.

I personally really like his chances of being a solid top 4 guy but with Myers, Sekera, Gragani, and a bunch of high quality defenders in the Sabres system, I would be willing to move him.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
he'd be a great addition for Montreal...

something around Regher/Kristo:

To CGY
Kristo
Spacek
3rd 2012

To Mtl
Regher
Bouma or Pelech

Calgary adds a quality offensive prospect, an additional pick next year, and a stop-gap veteran dman, while saving a bit of cap space.

Montreal adds a physical 2nd pairing dman and a prospect with size/grit.
We'll give you Pelech for free. Bouma, we'll keep.
If you're going to sell Kristo to us, instead of the 2012 3rd, we'll probably want another 2nd as well that year if not more.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
ct2111

Quote:
How good does Buffalo consider Weber? Perhaps a 1st and him? Something around that..

Or if Calgary's looking for a forward prospect...Regehr for Luke Adam?
Shipping out Weber is somewhat a lateral move. They need to get tougher, not trade one gritty d-man for another.

I'd consider your second choice strongly, if all they have to add to Adam is a non-1st rounder or a depth forward like Boyes.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

Obviously, Regehr and Bouwmeester are cancers in the locker room.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Tampa could be interested

Old
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Flamesfan13

From a flames fan POV, I would be happy if we can move up the draft to top 5 for Regher. I want Gabriel Landeskog he's gonna be a future captain

Old
06-23-2011, 01:35 PM
GeeoffBrown

Quote:
Anybody that has watched him the past few years really shouldnt be interested in him. He is no longer a impact player and hardly ever shuts anyone down. His two huge holes of mediocre skating and fumbling of the puck have become huge issues with the speed of the game ever increasing. A team really shouldnt offer anything more then a 2nd round pick.
I disagree. Regehr had a weak 09/10 but he was back to form in 10/11.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Dreakon

Buffalo is interested, very interested. Dunno how or for what, but I hope we make this happen.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Haatley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeoffBrown View Post
I disagree. Regehr had a weak 09/10 but he was back to form in 10/11.
very true. he was very disappointing, but last season the beast in him returned.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfernee Hardaway View Post
Obviously, Regehr and Bouwmeester are cancers in the locker room.
Luckily it only took Calgary 860 games to realize Regehr was a caner.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
DCRedhawk21

Regher would fit great on Washington if they aren't going to resign Hannan and Poti isn't going to be able to play. Otherwise they already have 8 D-men signed IIRC so they would probably want to trade one before taking him on.

Also, I give it a .01% chance that GMGM trades Alzner, Carlson, Johansson, or Orlov, even if that unwillingness causes the deal will fall through. I know those are probably the players Calgary fans are most interested in, but past history shows GMGM won't do it (he refused to offer Carlson in an otherwise acceptable package for Pronger before Carlson had ever played a game in the NHL).

Not sure what Calgary would want otherwise. Maybe the deal includes some combination of Schultz, Fehr, picks, Perrault, a young goalie, and picks? Not sure they'd care for one year of Semin at 6.7 million...

Old
06-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRedhawk21 View Post
Regher would fit great on Washington if they aren't going to resign Hannan and Poti isn't going to be able to play. Otherwise they already have 8 D-men signed IIRC so they would probably want to trade one before taking him on.

Also, I give it a .01% chance that GMGM trades Alzner, Carlson, Johansson, or Orlov, even if that unwillingness causes the deal will fall through. I know those are probably the players Calgary fans are most interested in, but past history shows GMGM won't do it (he refused to offer Carlson in an otherwise acceptable package for Pronger before Carlson had ever played a game in the NHL).

Not sure what Calgary would want otherwise. Maybe the deal includes some combination of Schultz, Fehr, picks, Perrault, a young goalie, and picks? Not sure they'd care for one year of Semin at 6.7 million...
I'm thinking that Schultz would definitely come the other way. Adding a 1st wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility would it? Although, Calgary would be better off aiming for a young forward and a first if possible.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:44 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I can see him heading to the Island.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Shipping out Weber is somewhat a lateral move. They need to get tougher, not trade one gritty d-man for another.

I'd consider your second choice strongly, if all they have to add to Adam is a non-1st rounder or a depth forward like Boyes.
Hmm, I would probably do that. How about Regehr and the 45th for Adam and the 16th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRedhawk21 View Post

I'm pretty sure the Capitals already tried to get him for Fleischmann and the Flames balked at that.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
He's going to the Sabres

Closed Thread