HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers lines

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I just read this article for the first time and feel much better knowing that Carter's 210 lbs large. I was worried about him getting banged around too easily but now I think he's thick enough to avoid getting dinged up by every little thing. (ala Gagne)

Old
08-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I just read this article for the first time and feel much better knowing that Carter's 210 lbs large. I was worried about him getting banged around too easily but now I think he's thick enough to avoid getting dinged up by every little thing. (ala Gagne)
At 6'3" and 210 lbs, he's a pretty big kid, but he should still get a bit bigger, maybe 5-10 poubds.

But I know what you're saying, he's not too likely to get roughed up. The Flyers' website has him listed as 193 lbs, so he's bulked up, which is good. I hear Pitkanen has too.

Old
08-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
At 6'3" and 210 lbs, he's a pretty big kid, but he should still get a bit bigger, maybe 5-10 pounds.

But I know what you're saying, he's not too likely to get roughed up. The Flyers' website has him listed as 193 lbs, so he's bulked up, which is good. I hear Pitkanen has too.
Yea but if those extra pounds come at the expense of their wheels I'm not particuarly interested. Speed and flow is a big part of their game so I don't think that they need the weight, not like a banger would. I could be wrong though because if Pitkanen can physically control the flow of the game then he would have the whole package and that's pretty tempting.

Old
08-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Yea but if those extra pounds come at the expense of their wheels I'm not particuarly interested. Speed and flow is a big part of their game so I don't think that they need the weight, not like a banger would. I could be wrong though because if Pitkanen can physically control the flow of the game then he would have the whole package and that's pretty tempting.
I don't think 5-10 pounds of the course of the next few seasons would hurt Carter at all.

Pitkanen never really had great straight away speed, but his stride and skating were both very good. I don't think adding a few extra pounds would really change that, either. He's a beast.

Old
08-27-2005, 11:22 PM
doc5hole

After watching Knuble for four years, I'm pretty confident that he is the winger most affected by playing on the top line. He scored 30 and 20 goals next to Thornton. In the two years before being put on the top line, he scored 7 and 8 respectively.
Knuble doesn't have to speed to be a menacing disrupter on a checking line so he's practically useless when not scoring.
But he has a very good stick, goes to the net, gets in the way, does all that powerplay stuff that you need in front of the net.
Also note that he was a RW as a checker and a LW as a scorer. More than coincidental because, stick inside, he can get shooting lanes. Off the RW boards, forget it.
Whether it's the center or the RW, he gets a million times more effective when playing with a great set-up guy.

Old
08-28-2005, 11:05 PM
hockeyphan25

Posted by Brad

"I also believe that Kapanen and Primeau could score double digit goals (not as high as 20, but around 15 give or take a few"

I think the new rules will benefit Kapanen more than anybody else on the team, I think he'll get at least 20 goals. I'd say the scoring (points) among forwards would be in this order Forseberg, Handzus, Gagne, Kapenen, Carter, Knuble, Richards, Primeau, Radivojevic, Sharpe, Stevenson, Brashear

Old
08-29-2005, 12:35 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
The only problem I have there is I'd prefer to see Mike stay at center. He's exceptional on faceoffs and his two-way game is stellar. You move him to wing and you're limiting those abilities. One possibility with Richards is to try one of Handzus or Primeau at wing.

Handzus-Richards-Knuble or Kapanen-Richards-Primeau- i'm sure the flyers will try something like that at some point.
Handzus and Primeau cant play wing. They are perfect centers and both have been put on the wing in the past and failed miserably.

Old
08-29-2005, 06:06 AM
bb74

If knuble isn't playing top 6 minutes, in Hitch's system he'll be hard pressed to get 15-20-35 totals

He's a good player but as doc mentioned, he doesn't have the skating to play the break-up / breakaway game of a checking line winger.

Old
08-29-2005, 10:19 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Apparantly this is what its going to be according to an article on nj.com

Gagne - Forsberg - Carter
Radivojevic - Primeau - Sharp
Knuble - Handzus - Kapanen
Brashear - Richards - Stevenson

Also, Justin Williams was working out in a Flyers uniform, does anyone else see this as wrong? If I was a canes fan, Id see this as treason or maybe theres a trade yet to be announced.

Actually, I was thinking about this before, but I wouldnt mind seeing Williams back if Carter ended up being moved back to center. Carter is a goal scorer with a nasty wrist shot, Williams is a great playmaker and passer on the right wing and I think the two would complement each other really well.

Old
08-29-2005, 10:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't think 5-10 pounds of the course of the next few seasons would hurt Carter at all.

Pitkanen never really had great straight away speed, but his stride and skating were both very good. I don't think adding a few extra pounds would really change that, either. He's a beast.
Im not worried about Carter at all. hes still young and he can still probably fill out some more. I cannot wait to see him play with Forsberg.
I was really worried about Pitkanen at the start of last season in the AHL, his attitude was not that good and he was playing scared, but he got better and better as the season went along. I know he was in the doghouse with many Phantoms fans, especially before the AS break. But as the season went along he really stepped up his game,
Man i cannot wait for this season to start.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:21 AM
born bad

I would like to see Richards with linemates who could score a goal, and I would put Radivojevic on Handzus line (chemistry):

Gagne-Foppa-Carter
Kapanen-Primeau-Stevenson
Brashear-Handzus-Radivojevic
Knuble-Richards-Sharp/Sim

Line 2-4 are well balanced. I would call them 3a,b,c

Old
08-30-2005, 02:58 AM
High Flyer

i hope we don't make a move for a winger unless we run into injury/scoring trouble down the road...i want to see gagne blossom under the pressure...he hasn't had pressure to score in previous yrs with roenick and recchi as major contributors and amonte and leclair contributing...he was used as a defensive forward most of the last season...he will be a fantasy team steal this year...carter possibly as well

Closed Thread