HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 10 reasons EYE am retiring from being an NHL fan

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Dancing Chicken

vCash: 500
I only get to watch the Yotes about 14 times a year but bleed em and follow them to the end..

Old
10-16-2003, 01:33 PM
hbk

hope you're just blowing off steam Eye because quite frankly your one of the voices that keeps my enthusiasm and optimism in check. Your criticisms of today's game are valid but I'm of the opinion that the game will not change much. Defensive systems are ingrained and the free-wheelin days of the 80's are gone and they will never return. You can widen the rinks, increase the size of the goal, and allow the banana curve back in the game but teams have learnt to limit offensive chances and pushed shots to low percentage scoring areas. It's a smarter game today than it was a decade ago.

On a personal note I thoroughly enjoyed the St.Louis game against Phoenix. It was entertaining but it lacked scoring. I didn't mind because I was watching the individual performances and paying less attention to the flow of the game. I cheered every turnover and cringed every time the Blues gained the offensive zone. Maybe I'm just getting accustomed to this style of game. I acknowledge though that like soccer it is unlikely that this style of game attracts new fans.

Old
10-16-2003, 02:49 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulf
you don't have to watch hockey to be a fan of your favorite team...i've seen many examples of that on these very boards.
I will likely see about 3 Coyotes regular season games this year. However, I listen to most of the games on internet radio, and find it wildly entertaining. I get to use my imagination to decide how exciting the games are.

Old
10-16-2003, 03:26 PM
ulf

i'm lucky to see the yotes play 5 times a year on the t.v....not because i don't have access to many more games than that but because voices like kurt kielback's made the game more exciting than it probably was.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:23 AM
CFABoy

Im a Nucks fan and I don't see the problem as much - last game against detroit, the shots were 39-36 or something. They've always played a run and gun style of game which is good and bad with defense sometimes falling by the way side. Their d is always jumping up on the play and pinching at the blueline and we always have aggressive forechecking. The Yotes are still rebuilding and will get there in a year or two...just gotta be patient!

Closed Thread