HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Reports Flyers Trade Carter to CBJ, Richards to LAK; Sign Bryzgalov for 9 years

Old
06-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Yeah, I like this move for L.A. as well. Happy to see Richards out of our conference and in the West.
i'd be happier if richards was back in our conference and our 1st line center though... if reports are true kings are trading for statsny leaving them with 3 1st line centers. brown is home grown he's going to stay, stastny will likely mesh better with kopitar than richards. i'd love to trade gaborik for richards straight up... i think richards fits the mold of this team moreso than gabby.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Leino has made Briere a better player. Briere has shined playing with Leino. The Flyers want to re-sign him at the end of the season but they had tagging issues. Their commitments with Leino at $4 million for 11-12 was more than $59.4 million upper limit.

Nodl is also a group II.
Why is the price for Leino so high, mostly because of free agency status? I admit to raising an eyebrow to his play this past season, but he does not have a long track record in the NHL.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 06-23-2011 at 05:23 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Philly is going to be much better cause of this trade. Mark my words. Giroux and JVR are going to take the next step this season. It's going to be a lot harder to play in the Atlantic now too.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Actually I think the Kings were one of the three teams likely to go big for Brad Richards. Now it's down to 2 -- NYR and T.O.

The Carter trade I understand for the Flyers. Can't play 4 centers. The Richards trade I don't understand at all. You are turning the locker room over to a 36 year old Chris Pronger and gutting your young veteran leadership. Mike Richards was (is) a heart and soul player. Those don't come along that often. He makes the LA Kings a very formidable team and a Stanley Cup contender.

I think it is back to 3 teams. Add Philly as going for Brad Richards.

I think Mike Richards was too much of a partier and so was carter. Now they cleared their locker room cancer, got a good goalie, some nice young assets plus the 8th overall slot which is a great spot to be picking in THIS draft class and cleared A LOT of cap space which they didnt have to to begin with. All they needed was 5.x for Bryz'. Now they have all this cap space and NOT a number one Or even a 1A center and brad richards is on the board come july 1st.. It just makes too much sense for b richards and philly not to lock up each other on a 8 year deal (we all know philly loves them REALLY LONG DEALS. See Carter.)

And as a funnier side to the idea.. all them philly fans dont have to sell off their jerseys.. Now they just have to change the number and keep the "richards" name on the back. LOL

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I'm gonna miss seeing Duby kick dirty Mike's ass 6 times a year...

nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
this is really somethin. did the flyers just decide the ridiculously long term deals were poor for the future?

With the salary cap era still being a new thing, this is just another experiment to watch in my view, just like it was with the front loaded long long long term deal experiment, or what would happen if you give two guys $7MM a year deals on the same day. I don't like the cap personally (living in a big mkt will do that), but it's definitely been interesting the last five years watching teams position themselves and "experiment" so to speak. More and more teams seem to be looking at their forward lines and opting for depth/youth over a superstar player.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:20 PM
freewheeler

LA gets their star they've been looking to pair with Kopitar. CLS does something...which is probably enough for their fan base (wondering what their reaction is - probably not happy with Voracek moving and would have preferred Filatov to go).

The implications with B. Richards is interesting. There's also nonesense about an offer sheet going to Stamkos from Philly. I'm sure its nothing, but with a big contract to Stamkos, that should pretty much remove Tampa from the discussion. LA's out. Unless Philly moves more cash, they're out. Hopefully Richards still doesn't want to play in Toronto (or at least that the original report was correct). It only takes one team to throw it off, but I'm thinking B. Richard's lost some negotiating power today, no? In other words, we're a little more comfortable going into UFA.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:20 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
I think it is back to 3 teams. Add Philly as going for Brad Richards.

I think Mike Richards was too much of a partier and so was carter. Now they cleared their locker room cancer, got a good goalie, some nice young assets plus the 8th overall slot which is a great spot to be picking in THIS draft class and cleared A LOT of cap space which they didnt have to to begin with. All they needed was 5.x for Bryz'. Now they have all this cap space and NOT a number one Or even a 1A center and brad richards is on the board come july 1st.. It just makes too much sense for b richards and philly not to lock up each other on a 8 year deal (we all know philly loves them REALLY LONG DEALS. See Carter.)

And as a funnier side to the idea.. all them philly fans dont have to sell off their jerseys.. Now they just have to change the number and keep the "richards" name on the back. LOL
Philly currently doesn't have the space to sign Brad Richards...Richards to Philly is a non-starter.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:22 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
i'd be happier if richards was back in our conference and our 1st line center though... if reports are true kings are trading for statsny leaving them with 3 1st line centers. brown is home grown he's going to stay, stastny will likely mesh better with kopitar than richards. i'd love to trade gaborik for richards straight up... i think richards fits the mold of this team moreso than gabby.
So you are saying the Kings turn richards around and trade him to the rangers for Gaborik

I just dont see it. I mean.. I am IN NO WAY A NHL GM nor do I claim to be as smart as one (in the NHL knowledge area atleast) but you just made your fans VERY VERY happy with a killer all around player at 26 years old signed for a very long time and for a cap friendly hit. Why turn around and trade him for a injury prone player on a down year offensively? Just doesnt make much sense.

Now if you ask ME if I would trade Gaborik for Richards, I would throw in Kreider or our 15th or 15th and thomas. I LOVE Richards I just am nervous about his partying ways allegedly.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
ken, who do you think they would trade to the Avs to land Stastny? Did those reports come out today after it was announced that they landed Richards? I would think that was their move to address their center depth issues. I really can't picture them wanting/having three 1st line Centers....

Old
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
So you are saying the Kings turn richards around and trade him to the rangers for Gaborik

I just dont see it. I mean.. I am IN NO WAY A NHL GM nor do I claim to be as smart as one (in the NHL knowledge area atleast) but you just made your fans VERY VERY happy with a killer all around player at 26 years old signed for a very long time and for a cap friendly hit. Why turn around and trade him for a injury prone player on a down year offensively? Just doesnt make much sense.

Now if you ask ME if I would trade Gaborik for Richards, I would throw in Kreider or our 15th or 15th and thomas. I LOVE Richards I just am nervous about his partying ways allegedly.
Well there are reports they are trading for Statsny. Reports not from Eklund... If they in fact did make that trade that'd leave them with 3 1st line centers. Doesn't make much sense.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Philly currently doesn't have the space to sign Brad Richards...Richards to Philly is a non-starter.
I thought philly moved 100 plus million in cap with the two trades (obviously I dont mean PER YEAR) but listening to NHL on XM Channel 92 they claim that Philly made HUGE amount of Cap Space to go after a big free agent/Restricted free agent this year.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
ecemleafs

i love how richards has gone from a heart and soul leader and the kind of guy who win with to a drunk partier thats a cancer in the lockeroom.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:29 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Wow. I didn't think they'd trade Richards. LA got one of the most complete centers in the game right now. Sucks being in the same division as Philly--would have liked to see Sather take a shot at acquiring him. Flyers got serious about shoring up the goaltending with that big money contract they gave Bryzgalov. With Carter and Richards gone they'll expect more from Giroux and Van Riemsdyk.

NYR94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

haha this is a brutal trade in terms of leadership and everything like that for the Flyers.

Domination by the Kings

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Well there are reports they are trading for Statsny. Reports not from Eklund... If they in fact did make that trade that'd leave them with 3 1st line centers. Doesn't make much sense.
Jesus. If they get Stastny too? Then I can see trading richards. But why not take their young players and just trade to get a Gaborik? I am sure the rangers would have made the trade for b. schenn and w. Simmonds plus LA's first rounder, no?

Just seems like LA would have made one trade too many. No need to get Richards.. Should have just left him where he stood and went after the player you REALLY wanted. Now if they had a hand shake agreement with Sather about Richards for Gaborik, I would assume (I know.."Ass" "u" "me") the trade would have been immediate. Richards swung to LA and right back to NYR immediately, no? All this time that has past would lead me to believe Sather was not "IN" on this round robin of trade

Old
06-23-2011, 05:31 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
I thought philly moved 100 plus million in cap with the two trades (obviously I dont mean PER YEAR) but listening to NHL on XM Channel 92 they claim that Philly made HUGE amount of Cap Space to go after a big free agent/Restricted free agent this year.
as Jas posted earlier
"The Flyers, after these deals, have $7.5 million in available cap space, and still have to sign Simmonds, Voracek and Leino. Holmgren's got a lot more work to do to fit Richards in, too."

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Gaborik, Kreider, 1st for Mike Richards?
Gaborik, Thomas, 1st for Mike Richards?

Old
06-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
ken, who do you think they would trade to the Avs to land Stastny? Did those reports come out today after it was announced that they landed Richards? I would think that was their move to address their center depth issues. I really can't picture them wanting/having three 1st line Centers....
yea the report came out after they made the trade for richards and the trade i heard was being discussed was stastny galiardi and the 11th pick for johnson bernier and stoll.

Old
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
I really dont feel well tonight, got a sore head and have been sick a few times but still managed to laugh my ass of at this.

Trading Carter i understand but i just dont get why they would trade Richards even if there are a few issues in the locker room. Still the package they recieved was a good one but i am not sure trading Richards was a good idea.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I fear what the Flyers have up thei sleeve

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
After their moves, Philly has $7.5 million in cap space, and still have Voracek and Simmonds to re-sign, as well as Leino. That could be $9 million right there. Philly already pursued their big UFA...Bryzgalov.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
i love how richards has gone from a heart and soul leader and the kind of guy who win with to a drunk partier thats a cancer in the lockeroom.
I dont think he was ever considered NOT to be a partier and cancer. Allegedly Richards had lost the room to Pronger and there is a SILLY rumor out that there Richards slept with Hartnell's wife (obviously I dont believe that one but it is out there none the less) and carter and richards TOGETHER have been a headache for Flyers management in regards to too much of the lime light away from the rink. Too much partying. Dont shoot the messenger. This is coming from A LOT of philly fans (who I might add are very upset about losing him. They are just shedding some light on information that hasnt been around the league)

Old
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Gaborik, Kreider, 1st for Mike Richards?
Gaborik, Thomas, 1st for Mike Richards?

You are grossly overestimating the price it will take to get Richards. The Kings just gave an over rated prospect in Schenn and another top 6 prospect for Richards. That's 2 question marks for a proven 26 year old 1st line center. Take into account that our GM has an amazing track record for trades, and the fact that Richards may have locker room problems, we'll get him considerably cheaper than those proposed trades you have.

Old
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
The Flyers are a year out from making the SCF and they gut their team like this? The only smart thing they did here was get a good goalie for once, but again they gutted the team to do it.

I'm shocked I thought the link was a joke at first.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote