HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2011, 06:56 PM
  #751
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I am more interested in if his source is hearing of Versteeg moving?
I figure if the answer is neither, that Versteeg won't be, but if we are going after either of them, then I could see Versteeg being moved.

flountown is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
  #752
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
We can't get Stamkos unless we trade Briere or Kimmo to make cap things work. I don't see it happening.

Then again, I said Richards and Carter wouldn't get traded, so you guys might as well get your Stamkos jerseys...

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
  #753
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
It seems they are not done..some of these players could be turned around for 1 more established player. Stamkos would be a coup....
I refuse to even consider believing such a thing should warrant an ounce of hope from me until I see him on the ice as a Flyer. That would be absurd.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
  #754
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,146
vCash: 500
I can't see Stamkos either but again ..never say never. Maybe the other Richards....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
  #755
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I refuse to even consider believing such a thing should warrant an ounce of hope from me until I see him on the ice as a Flyer. That would be absurd.
Stamkos would score 3000 goals with Giroux as his center.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
  #756
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I refuse to even consider believing such a thing should warrant an ounce of hope from me until I see him on the ice as a Flyer. That would be absurd.
It just seems that they are going to get a more established player at some point but Stamkos would be a longshot...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM
  #757
Flyguy_1ca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: BC, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Flyguy_1ca
we got 7.5M but still have to sign Simmonds, Leino, Voracek, Carcillo, Nodl, and Powe.

Which is why this talk of signing Stamkos or B. Richards makes no sense to me...after signing those guy we will be out of cap room.

Flyguy_1ca is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:09 PM
  #758
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy_1ca View Post
we got 7.5M but still have to sign Simmonds, Leino, Voracek, Carcillo, Nodl, and Powe.

Which is why this talk of signing Stamkos or B. Richards makes no sense to me...after signing those guy we will be out of cap room.
Move Schenn and the first rounder + whatever we got for Versteeg, that should be enough cap room. Sign him for life...

flountown is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
  #759
WolfHound
Registered User
 
WolfHound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Back in Philly
Country: Poland
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
The bolts would never trade Stamkos maybe Lecavalier but not Stamkos.

WolfHound is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:13 PM
  #760
usualsuspect434
Registered User
 
usualsuspect434's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Stamkos to Philly is NOT happening people!!

I keep hearing rumblings of Stamkos coming here......NOT happening people. This is just absurd. Not only would it take a massive offer for him to even sign, we would need our own 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks - none of which we currently own!!!

We would need to get our own 1st and 3rd back from TOR (from the Versteeg deal) and our 2nd back from PHX (I believe, from the Carcillo deal IIRC).

Not happening.....move on!!

usualsuspect434 is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:16 PM
  #761
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Edit: Yeah Stamkos is not happening. I'd have to see him on the ice in a Flyers jersey for at least 3 seasons before I'd actually believe that.

Flyersfan139 is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:18 PM
  #762
CoolinWithCosta
Registered User
 
CoolinWithCosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usualsuspect434 View Post
I keep hearing rumblings of Stamkos coming here......NOT happening people. This is just absurd. Not only would it take a massive offer for him to even sign, we would need our own 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks - none of which we currently own!!!

We would need to get our own 1st and 3rd back from TOR (from the Versteeg deal) and our 2nd back from PHX (I believe, from the Carcillo deal IIRC).

Not happening.....move on!!
I don't believe he is or can come here..but they could simply trade for him.

CoolinWithCosta is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
  #763
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
They could simply trade for him, and as far as draft picks, I am fairly certain an Offer sheet would be with picks beginning in 2012, not 2011, so the Versteeg trade is irrelevant, also, an offer sheet would most likely be in the highest category which is if i remember correctly, 4 1st rounders of compensation...

flountown is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:36 PM
  #764
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
They could simply trade for him, and as far as draft picks, I am fairly certain an Offer sheet would be with picks beginning in 2012, not 2011, so the Versteeg trade is irrelevant, also, an offer sheet would most likely be in the highest category which is if i remember correctly, 4 1st rounders of compensation...
You are correct sir. It would be 4 1st. WELL worth it for Stamkos. Oh and the Flyers right now have about 10 mil in cap space. Voracek, Simmonds, Nodl and Powe will not be getting huge raises and Carbombs is done. You trade Steeg and Bob and the 8th for their 3rd and something else and the Flyers have about 15 mil to work with.

Stamkos is a very real possibility if Tampa does not give him an offer soon.

ToTheNet is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:38 PM
  #765
usualsuspect434
Registered User
 
usualsuspect434's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
They could simply trade for him, and as far as draft picks, I am fairly certain an Offer sheet would be with picks beginning in 2012, not 2011, so the Versteeg trade is irrelevant, also, an offer sheet would most likely be in the highest category which is if i remember correctly, 4 1st rounders of compensation...
Yup, you're right....my mistake.
But I stand by my belief that Stamkos will not be coming to Philly any time soon.

usualsuspect434 is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:39 PM
  #766
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
You are correct sir. It would be 4 1st. WELL worth it for Stamkos. Oh and the Flyers right now have about 10 mil in cap space. Voracek, Simmonds, Nodl and Powe will not be getting huge raises and Carbombs is done. You trade Steeg and Bob and the 8th for their 3rd and something else and the Flyers have about 15 mil to work with.

Stamkos is a very real possibility if Tampa does not give him an offer soon.
Just think Giroux feeding one-timers to Stamkos with JVR cleaning up the trash around the net.

flountown is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:41 PM
  #767
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,993
vCash: 500
It's a shame that me building a cold fusion reactor out of ant poop and a doorknob is more likely than seeing Stamkos on this team.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
  #768
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usualsuspect434 View Post
Yup, you're right....my mistake.
But I stand by my belief that Stamkos will not be coming to Philly any time soon.
I guarantee we will see him here this year...

flountown is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
  #769
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Yeah, I don't know about Stamkos' totals going higher because Giroux's centering him......Martin St. Louis is pretty damn good, and Lecavlier isn't a slouch either. That is before we even address, as others have, that it is a total pipe dream.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 11:07 PM
  #770
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Unfortunately, I had a rehearsal dinner tonight when I wanted to be on here....but to finalize my debate with Jester, Beef and several others yesterday:

1) We debated Carter - GONE (I wanted him gone)
2) We debated Richards vs. Giroux - Richards GONE (I took Giroux over Richards, not that I wanted Richards gone) This is now Giroux's team essentially.
3) We debated whether the group of forwards needed to be change up a bit vs. we were just as good as Boston just needed a goalie (I said this group of forwards wasnt good enough) what do you know, or two key pieces at forward - GONE
4) I have been saying for two years there are chemistry issues with this group of forwards - See result of 3

That discussion is now done. Chalk a few up for mikedifr whether you *****es want to admit it or not Still love you guys though!!

Props to Renegade

Time to go talk about the trades in the trade thread!

mikedifr is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 11:09 PM
  #771
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Unfortunately, I had a rehearsal dinner tonight when I wanted to be on here....but to finalize my debate with Jester, Beef and several others yesterday:

1) We debated Carter - GONE (I wanted him gone)
2) We debated Richards vs. Giroux - Richards GONE (I took Giroux over Richards, not that I wanted Richards gone) This is now Giroux's team essentially.
3) We debated whether the group of forwards needed to be change up a bit vs. we were just as good as Boston just needed a goalie (I said this group of forwards wasnt good enough) what do you know, or two key pieces at forward - GONE
4) I have been saying for two years there are chemistry issues with this group of forwards - See result of 3

That discussion is now done. Chalk a few up for mikedifr whether you *****es want to admit it or not Still love you guys though!!

Props to Renegade

Time to go talk about the trades in the trade thread!
So, basically, you are on the same page with Holmgren? Will keep that in mind.

Jester is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 11:11 PM
  #772
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I refuse to even consider believing such a thing should warrant an ounce of hope from me until I see him on the ice as a Flyer. That would be absurd.
I dont see it happening either....although I would then feel much better about today. Why the hell would TB let him go?? Yzerman is the GM, not Paull Holmgren.

mikedifr is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
  #773
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Maybe we sign Jagr??? LOL!

mikedifr is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
  #774
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I dont see it happening either....although I would then feel much better about today. Why the hell would TB let him go?? Yzerman is the GM, not Paull Holmgren.
The people that think he will be traded are those that think the Lightning can't afford him, not cap wise, but real money-wise...

flountown is offline  
Old
06-23-2011, 11:16 PM
  #775
JABEE
Registered User
 
JABEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So, basically, you are on the same page with Holmgren? Will keep that in mind.
On the same page as Holmgren, maybe he is Holmgren.

JABEE is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.