HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trades and Signings Around the League (Buffalo signs Ehrhoff - 10 yrs/$40 million)

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Sundinisagod
Nylanderwillbeagod

vCash: 500
Montreal was in a tough position, they couldn't affort to lose him after developing him into a top defencemen...I hate to say it, but he was great prior to injuries...arguably top 5 dman in the league.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:45 PM
pulkinator

So he's going to get over 16 million for playing about one season?..

Old
06-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
fine with me. We have to fill up the cupboard first if we want to get involved in this. LA had the resources avaliable to make this trade after years of sucking. Too bad the Leafs started late. But having 5 1st rounders in the cupboard is a good start. columbus even trading voracek and the 8th pick, still have Savard, Filataov, Johanson, Moore in the system so it doesn't hurt them.
Fail for Nail, but we would find a way to screw this up too. It's not so bleak but Burke has some tough decisions, he wants to build a champion not a 1st rd playoff team. Fail for Nail?

Old
06-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
It sounds like there may have been issues with at least Richards. Perhaps Holmgren didn't like the character of a couple of guys, and needed to shake things up.
It seems so and the media mess might have been a big deal that's for sure.

Regarding schenn, as in Luke schenn, i don't care what anyone says but the trading partner must pay a premium for him, he doesn't even come close to the same value as kadri. Kadri is a projecting player, schenn was projecting and proved even more than that he can perform in the bigs and did so consistently, and was touted as our future captain till phaneuf came in.

Burke is no Holmgrem so don't tell me if a captain can be traded so can be schenn. Burkie values leadership and in the past he has made trades just for leader players.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce View Post
The better reality for them is that they won't be out of it when they do retire.

Next year

JVR - Briere - Hartnell
Versteeg - Giroux - Voracek
Carcillo - Schenn - Simmonds < --------- can u say 'oh fack'?

with rumours they will resign Leino, that's not bad. And it could get better over the next few years.

Add in the 8th - Dougie Hamilton?
simmonds is a 3rd liner with a big butt that he uses to hold the puck.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Schenn carries as much value as both Kadri and Kulemin combined. I would not trade both for B Schenn.
I mentioned this earlier today, there must be a reason why Schenn hasn't signed yet, if he pisses Burke off too much he may find his way out of town along with Mac. Don't forget this is the guy that let Penner walk rather than be bullied into a contract.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Screw all this. Lets roll out our roster that played at 100 point pace for second half of the season. hopefully, Bozak improves to 65 point center

Old
06-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Fail for Nail, but we would find a way to screw this up too. It's not so bleak but Burke has some tough decisions, he wants to build a champion not a 1st rd playoff team. Fail for Nail?
not gonna happen trust me on that one, burkie will be chased with pitchforks and knives if we tank next year.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

If Parisi were healthy I would do a trade for Schenn in a minute. If he were 100% healthy and he would agree to a contract ext.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Seriously what do we honestly have to offer teams. The team right now is not loaded with young stars and trading the likes of Colborne, Kadri etc are steps back if we do. I'm so upset that we didn't start the rebuild earlier or had any picks in 2003. Losing the past 6 years has dampened our chances at the top UFAs. We practically started from scratch like an expansion team.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Seriously what do we honestly have to offer teams. The team right now is not loaded with young stars and trading the likes of Colborne, Kadri etc are steps back if we do. I'm so upset that we didn't start the rebuild earlier or had any picks in 2003. Losing the past 6 years has dampened our chances at the top UFAs. We practically started from scratch like an expansion team.
even if we did, we are on a good direction, we were only 8 points out of the playoffs with the so called mediocre team while being the second youngest team in the league, people forget this fact because we are the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
even if we did, we are on a good direction, we were only 8 points out of the playoffs with the so called mediocre team while being the second youngest team in the league, people forget this fact because we are the Toronto Maple Leafs.
no doubt we're in a good direction but we fail to notice the teams around us and their youth. I am interested to know how Schenn and Voracek will pan out. Philladephia's youngsters usually find their potential there so I think they're fine replacements. Burkie, fill up the cupboard so we can get involved in these deals later. Hopefully he gets two homeruns with the 2 picks.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:59 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Simmonds a 3rd. liner and Schenn an unknown.

Flyers are taking quite the risk here, Schenn might not be on their team next year anyway.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If Parisi were healthy I would do a trade for Schenn in a minute. If he were 100% healthy and he would agree to a contract ext.
no offense to you, but for the love of God, do you mind spelling him P-A-R-I-S-E?

Old
06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
no doubt we're in a good direction but we fail to notice the teams around us and their youth. I am interested to know how Schenn and Voracek will pan out. Philladephia's youngsters usually find their potential there so I think they're fine replacements. Burkie, fill up the cupboard so we can get involved in these deals later. Hopefully he gets two homeruns with the 2 picks.
Schenn at his best is what mike richards was in philly. Atleast that's what the flyers I am assuming are hoping for

Voracek is an excellent playmaker in the wing, and has good size who can play defense, so it depends on which line and situation the coach uses him truthfully told.

The flyers are taking a big gamble here, at one point they are recovering some assets for their cupboard and the other point they are also taking a step back from going on a roll with their playoff runs.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan80 View Post
no offense to you, but for the love of God, do you mind spelling him P-A-R-I-S-E?
lol i think that's his first mistake haha

but it reminded me of the word parsi hahah

Old
06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
lol i think that's his first mistake haha

but it reminded me of the word parsi hahah
lol, actually, I saw parisi more than once in past few hours.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan80 View Post
It didn't look right dd it? Lol

Old
06-23-2011, 08:24 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Schenn at his best is what mike richards was in philly. Atleast that's what the flyers I am assuming are hoping for

Voracek is an excellent playmaker in the wing, and has good size who can play defense, so it depends on which line and situation the coach uses him truthfully told.

The flyers are taking a big gamble here, at one point they are recovering some assets for their cupboard and the other point they are also taking a step back from going on a roll with their playoff runs.
Well if Giroux and JVR can step in and expand on what they did last year, and if Schenn has a solid first season, I think Philly's okay. Not to mention they finally have the starter they are looking for.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Lightsol

And they claim Komisarek is overpaid...

Old
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
apollo

I'm interested to see what holmgren has to say about making those moves. carter,richards loss etc. adding schenn and what not.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Well we know Kadri is in play now.

Should end that myth.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I Believe

Bit too much money but a 3 year contract is pretty safe.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsol View Post
Komisarek should be in the AHL to be honest.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:40 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsol View Post
which he is...

Closed Thread