HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Pax Macioretty

vCash: 500
I like the idea of getting David Clarkson, but not on the top 6! That would just be Travis Moen all over again...

Old
06-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
taken from the main board....

Weber + 17th overall

for

Malone + 27th overall
Weber + 3rd rnd (78th?)

for

Malone + 27th

I think that this is a fair offer in a salary dump situation.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Proposed it a long time back but I still like the idea of moving Weber to New Jersey for David Clarkson. Clarkson is only a 2.6 mill cap hit and adds size and sandpaper to the lineup.

Sign Konopka as a UFA and your team looks like this up front:

Pacioretty - Gomez- Gionta
Cammelleri - Plek - Clarkson
Kostitsyn - Desharnais -Eller
Moen - Konopka - White
With the cap going up I'd have no issues with getting Clarkson as a top 9 forward...might play with Plekanec and Cammy 5 on 5 but not PP, or with Eller and AK...but I wouldn't pay Weber to get him. Weber is possibly 2 years from being a legit top 4 NHL d-man that can play 22-23 minutes a night on a #2 pair plus a 1st PP and he'll be on a cheap contract...people undervalue him because we have Subban and Weber is not as flashy. IMHO Weber is worth at least as much as our 1st rounder.

Clarkson at his cap hit is not worth that much. I might do Pouliot and a mid rounder, but not much more, at 2.7 mil per year he is no bragain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I like the idea of getting David Clarkson, but not on the top 6! That would just be Travis Moen all over again...
Not to that extreme...the last 3 years he has 40 goals in 210 games playing 12:03, 14:27 and 13:37 a night. He is more a 3rd liner that could move up to the top 6 if you want more of a physical presence with Cammy and Plekanec.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Andros777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not to that extreme...the last 3 years he has 40 goals in 210 games playing 12:03, 14:27 and 13:37 a night. He is more a 3rd liner that could move up to the top 6 if you want more of a physical presence with Cammy and Plekanec.
He's a tough little bugger too.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

now that the Thrashers are in Winnipeg maybe Byfuglien will be on the trading block.

Gorges
1st 2011

for Byfuglien

Old
06-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
now that the Thrashers are in Winnipeg maybe Byfuglien will be on the trading block.

Gorges
1st 2011

for Byfuglien
Why would he be on the trading block?

...and why would we trade for him when we are letting a similar player walk in Wisniewski? That deal makes no sense at all from the Habs standpoint.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Why would he be on the trading block?

...and why would we trade for him when we are letting a similar player walk in Wisniewski? That deal makes no sense at all from the Habs standpoint.
I don't agree at all. Byfuglien can also play in front of the net on the PP. him and Wiz are two different players. Buffy bring depth on defense and he can also play offense if we need him to.

Old
06-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't agree at all. Byfuglien can also play in front of the net on the PP. him and Wiz are two different players. Buffy bring depth on defense and he can also play offense if we need him to.
First they just signed him for 5 years at 5+ mil with a NTC, so they aren't going to be looking at moving him.

Second it makes no sense for us to trade a bunch of assets for him because of his cap hit and we need those assets elswhere. We have Darche to park in front of the net and I'm sure we can get a pretty decent UFa that won't cost one of our leaders and a mid 1st rounder.

Third, if you are going to pay a guy 5.2 mil, he better be a key part of your defense, not just depth.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
First they just signed him for 5 years at 5+ mil with a NTC, so they aren't going to be looking at moving him.

Second it makes no sense for us to trade a bunch of assets for him because of his cap hit and we need those assets elswhere. We have Darche to park in front of the net and I'm sure we can get a pretty decent UFa that won't cost one of our leaders and a mid 1st rounder.

Third, if you are going to pay a guy 5.2 mil, he better be a key part of your defense, not just depth.
1- they sign him for 5 years but it was when the team was in Atl, new owner and we don't know if Buffy will want to play in Winnipeg I won't be surprise at all if he ask for a trade.

2- The only reason Darche play in front of the net on the PP it's because we don't have a guy to do it. I like Darche but you can't compare him to a 6,5 foot guy who weight 265. Buffy drive other goalie nut and he's a force in front of the net something we lack. You have to trade good asset if you want a guy like him.

3-He will be a key part a legit top4 d-men another thing that we lack.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:24 PM
ChoseLa

I'd like Clarkson but for third line duty, he's a good hockey player not creative enough to play on a second or third line.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
1- they sign him for 5 years but it was when the team was in Atl, new owner and we don't know if Buffy will want to play in Winnipeg I won't be surprise at all if he ask for a trade.

2- The only reason Darche play in front of the net on the PP it's because we don't have a guy to do it. I like Darche but you can't compare him to a 6,5 foot guy who weight 265. Buffy drive other goalie nut and he's a force in front of the net something we lack. You have to trade good asset if you want a guy like him.

3-He will be a key part a legit top4 d-men another thing that we lack.
1-Why would he NOT want to play in Winnipeg? He'll get top 4 ice time and a rink full of fans plus he is about 1,500 miles closer to home.

2-Again, 5+ mil is a lot to pay not to mention two very good assets to acquire a guy to park in front of the net. Obviously a lack of a guy parked in front of the goalie hasn't prevented us from having the nest PP in the NHL the last 5 years...so that's hardly a priority.

3-What he brings on defense is some offense but a very porous defensive game, with Subban and Markov, plus Weber and Yemelin who have offensive skill, we need to fill out the defense with another stay at home who can play decent minutes(20-22), not a freewheeling guy.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
1-Why would he NOT want to play in Winnipeg? He'll get top 4 ice time and a rink full of fans plus he is about 1,500 miles closer to home.

2-Again, 5+ mil is a lot to pay not to mention two very good assets to acquire a guy to park in front of the net. Obviously a lack of a guy parked in front of the goalie hasn't prevented us from having the nest PP in the NHL the last 5 years...so that's hardly a priority.

3-What he brings on defense is some offense but a very porous defensive game, with Subban and Markov, plus Weber and Yemelin who have offensive skill, we need to fill out the defense with another stay at home who can play decent minutes(20-22), not a freewheeling guy.
let's say we agree do disagree but just for fun

1-Winnipeg is not exactly a fun place to live.

2- He bring a presence in front of the net and a big guy like him can make the difference in the playoff .Do you remember the Hawks and Nucks serie 2 years ago

3- he was -1 last year on a bad team pair him with Markov and he will be a force IMO and he can also play forward so when Weber or Emelin are ready to take his place he can play in the top6.

Old
06-22-2011, 04:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

2- He bring a presence in front of the net and a big guy like him can make the difference in the playoff .Do you remember the Hawks and Nucks serie 2 years ago

3- he was -1 last year on a bad team pair him with Markov and he will be a force IMO and he can also play forward so when Weber or Emelin are ready to take his place he can play in the top6.
Buff, much like Weber, said it out loud that he wants to be a defenseman and will only be willing to play forward if a teammate went down mid-game (injury/misconduct). There's no place for Big Buff especially since we'd have to overpay Winnipeg for him.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
S Bah

I was reading about how the Habs are the first choice for Jagr ,then right after they had a quote from Kovalev wishing he was still with the Habs two weeks after the Ottawa signing and he wants to come back now too.It would be a feather in the Habs cap to have to All-Stars like them wanting to finish their careers in Montreal.Besides the fire power each brings one on each PP,one can dream at $2mil each it can be done.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
habitue*

Quote:

You're living there ?

Most players are in the home city of their team about 150 days a year. The rest of the time, they are on the road or in their summer home (where ever it might be).

Old
06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I was reading about how the Habs are the first choice for Jagr ,then right after they had a quote from Kovalev wishing he was still with the Habs two weeks after the Ottawa signing and he wants to come back now too.It would be a feather in the Habs cap to have to All-Stars like them wanting to finish their careers in Montreal.Besides the fire power each brings one on each PP,one can dream at $2mil each it can be done.
GOD, NO, PLEASE !

Old
06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
MarkovsKnee

So the rumours are flying around that Smyth might be going to either Edm. or Calgary, likely Calgary. Problem for them is that Smyth is a salary dump for LA especially now that they have M. Richards and Calgary can't afford to take on salary without giving some away.

Smyth has a $6,250m cap hit for one more year. He's not the player he once was, but he still had 23g, 47 pts last year, and he's still impossible to remove from the front of the net.

He'd be a good fit in Montreal, if we could get him. Anyone else think so? And, what would we have to give to L.A to get him? It's only one year, so I'm thinking a mid-round draft pick (3rd or 4th) and a prospect since they don't want money back. We could put on a condition that they get a 2013 2nd rdr if we sign him in 2012 after his contract expires.

Crazy day for trades!

Old
06-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
So the rumours are flying around that Smyth might be going to either Edm. or Calgary, likely Calgary. Problem for them is that Smyth is a salary dump for LA especially now that they have M. Richards and Calgary can't afford to take on salary without giving some away.

Smyth has a $6,250m cap hit for one more year. He's not the player he once was, but he still had 23g, 47 pts last year, and he's still impossible to remove from the front of the net.

He'd be a good fit in Montreal, if we could get him. Anyone else think so? And, what would we have to give to L.A to get him? It's only one year, so I'm thinking a mid-round draft pick (3rd or 4th) and a prospect since they don't want money back. We could put on a condition that they get a 2013 2nd rdr if we sign him in 2012 after his contract expires.

Crazy day for trades!
Calgary has a deal for REgehr to Buffalo if he accepts, deal is already done...pick and prospect I think...

Old
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Calgary has a deal for REgehr to Buffalo if he accepts, deal is already done...pick and prospect I think...
Yeah, I saw that too except Regehr has a NMC, so it's completely in his hands. I haven't heard anything that he actually wants to go to Buffalo, although why would he want to stay in Calgary now? I can see him pull a Heatley & demand a trade to another team of his choosing.

Actually, money shouldn't even hold up the Smyth trade since teams are allowed to go 10% over the cap in the off-season.

Just saw on the trades board that Smyth has told LA management that he'd rather go to Edm. than Calgary (TSN) anyway. Too bad.

However, there's another one stating Troy Brouwer might be available. I've been saying Habs need to get him since last fall. He's a big guy who can do a bit of everything and a RH shot. He would be perfect with Cammy - Pleks.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
I can't believe we're not in the running for him.We supposedly could have had him for Eller and a mid rder last yr

Old
06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that too except Regehr has a NMC, so it's completely in his hands. I haven't heard anything that he actually wants to go to Buffalo, although why would he want to stay in Calgary now? I can see him pull a Heatley & demand a trade to another team of his choosing.

Actually, money shouldn't even hold up the Smyth trade since teams are allowed to go 10% over the cap in the off-season.

Just saw on the trades board that Smyth has told LA management that he'd rather go to Edm. than Calgary (TSN) anyway. Too bad.

However, there's another one stating Troy Brouwer might be available. I've been saying Habs need to get him since last fall. He's a big guy who can do a bit of everything and a RH shot. He would be perfect with Cammy - Pleks.
Brouwer is definitely a better option than Smyth,but,the Habs have players in the system that have potential to be better options for the upgrades needed.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I can't believe we're not in the running for him.We supposedly could have had him for Eller and a mid rder last yr
If we trade Eller then we have to ride out Gomez for 3 more years and maybe re-sign him longer.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Before trading assets for Brouwer I'd like to see who we can sign of Laich Upshall Cole Langenbrunner etc

Old
06-23-2011, 08:54 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Before trading assets for Brouwer I'd like to see who we can sign of Laich Upshall Cole Langenbrunner etc
The only 2 I want on that list is Laich or Upshall. And, I'd put whoever we signed on the 3rd line with Eller - AK because neither is a legit #1 RW. Cole could play with Cammy-Pleks, but he's 32. I definitely would not sign for longer than 3 years. Brouwer is younger, bigger and meaner.

If we could trade for Brouwer somehow and sign one of Laich or Upshall, I'd be in ecstasy.

Cammy-Pleks-Brouwer
Patches-Gomez-Gionta
Laich/Upshall-Eller-AK
Moen-DD-Darche/White

Doubt we have the money for all that! lol

Old
06-24-2011, 12:06 AM
habshound247

I'd actually like to see PG sign Price or Subban long-term this summer if possible. I realize they are both coming up for new contracts at the end of next season, but the sooner they can be re-signed, the better.

With an offer sheet being mentioned with Stamkos if he doesn't re-sign by July 1, would Montreal not be susceptible to teams that could target either Price or Subban next summer? And if the $$ value was high enough, it would be extremely difficult to sign one, yet both. And before you ask who, don't tell me someone like Brian Burke wouldn't do it. And especially against Montreal.

Closed Thread