HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PHI proposed kadri+kulemin for Richards. Leafs said maybe.

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
If I was Philly I would've sent my centers to the western conference as well.
Basically.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Phaneuf is Phaneuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
I'd take that bet. Why gain another hole at centre in the lineup?
Because the hole between Kulemin and MacArthur is much easier to fill than the one between Kessel and Lupul. I'd have been upset if he'd done Kulemin + Kadri, but if it had been Kadri + Grabo, I would be jumping for joy right now.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf is Phaneuf View Post
66 points is a top 10 centre in the league?
In no particular order:

Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Brad Richards
Anze Kopitar
Steven Stamkos
Henrik Sedin
Joe Thornton
Jonathan Toews
Eric Staal
Ryan Getzlaf

Either you are wrong to say he is a top 10 centre, or you think he is better than at least one of these players. Which is it?

EDIT: Also, almost nobody minds Kadri going in the deal, the player that made me glad to see that we didn't make this trade is Kulemin. He scored only 9 fewer points, with 7 more goals than Richards, and he plays with the same physicality and defensive responsibility, plus has great chemistry with Grabo and MacArthur. Kadri+ for Richards would have been fine with me, but not if that + is our best all-around forward.
Mike Richards > Henrik Sedin, Joe Thornton. Overall, its not even close.

H.S. has two LEGIT linemates, while Richards played with scrubs who have hands of stone. Not to mention that Richards played most of last season with an injury.

Richards is THE complete player. Hits like a truck, scores close to PPG and plays top class defense.

When you consider if a player is 10, you've gotta take more into account than just points.

I hold my statement that MR is a top 10 center in the league.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf is Phaneuf View Post
Because the hole between Kulemin and MacArthur is much easier to fill than the one between Kessel and Lupul. I'd have been upset if he'd done Kulemin + Kadri, but if it had been Kadri + Grabo, I would be jumping for joy right now.
I have to agree with this. If it was Grabo in play instead of Kulemin, I'd probably be more upset that we didn't land Richards.

Old
06-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Phaneuf is Phaneuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Mike Richards > Henrik Sedin, Joe Thornton. Overall, its not even close.

H.S. has two LEGIT linemates, while Richards played with scrubs who have hands of stone. Not to mention that Richards played most of last season with an injury.

Richards is THE complete player. Hits like a truck, scores close to PPG and plays top class defense.

When you consider if a player is 10, you've gotta take more into account than just points.

I hold my statement that MR is a top 10 center in the league.
I lol'd. Also, stone hands on Philly? Are you kidding?

Old
06-23-2011, 09:03 PM
daveleaf

I disagree with many on here. I for one don't believe Mike Richards is a number one centre, in LA he will be the second line centre. They were planning on having Schenn man that spot but believed Richards was already more seasoned and would produce more long term so they made the deal. I'm not sure Simmonds can keep up his style long term. No player has yet other than Scott Stevens and he was a completely different player. If the deal was Kadri straight up than I would have made it but to throw in a kid that just came off a 30 goal season and is great at both ends of the ice than that is an over payment. Lombardi could over pay because he had the assets to over pay and LA has been rebuilding forever now. Where does B.Schenn fit with Phy? They have Giroux and Briere down the middle there. I think Schenn is a little better potential than a third line player. This makes me think at some point Schenn will be available as well. Burke should make a play at that.

You need a Kullemin on your team to win and they don't come by all that often and that is why he is very sought after. Don't worry Leaf fans we will have some players come our way.

If I was a Phy fan right now I would be pretty peeved that yet again the franchise was gutted and they signed another playoff dud of a goalie for the next nine years.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
The title is so wrong. Leafs were okay with Kadri+Kulemin for Richards, but Flyers took the Kings' deal.

Old
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Phaneuf is Phaneuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
The title is so wrong. Leafs were okay with Kadri+Kulemin for Richards, but Flyers took the Kings' deal.
Source.

Closed Thread