HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lavy or Richards/Carter?

Old
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
flyersfan187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Lavy or Richards/Carter?

Richards brings up how much he liked Homer and how much he liked Stevens but there is not one mention of Lavy.

It was clear that Richards didn't buy into Lavy's system and I am sure Carter didn't like playing wing. During mid last season there were reports that half the team were not buying into his system and a lot of people here said that Lavy should stay and the players just have to deal with him and buy into his system. After they are both traded does everybody think the same now? They both were not put in position to play to their best abilities under Lavy and now they are gone. Good luck to Kimmo on playing through the next season. He gets killed with all the pinching....

Just my rant, you can block this thread if you want. Personally I would have gotten rid of Lavy before I even thought about trading Carter and Richards...

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:44 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Laviolette is a great coach with a great system that fits guys like Giroux, JVR, Simmonds, Voracek perfectly. It's a system that should've fit Richards well too but for some reason it never did.

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

how many coaches were the Flyers brass going to have to go through to get those two to "buy in" they already shipped off one cup winning coach, and I doubt they were about to do the same... perhaps it came down to respecting those who, oh I dunno actually won at the NHL level, instead of expecting to win at the NHL level playing how they want to play.

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

I'm not going to touch on the subject specifically. But you can't keep taking the players side over the coach, otherwise it's the players who run the team, and that's not the way an organization should work.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

The problem for me is not to trade the two.

The problem is what we get. Or what Homer get!

Trade Richards and Carter for Player who make a real impact instantly and not in the FUTURE!! I dont want a pick for a franchise captain.....

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:14 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
The problem for me is not to trade the two.

The problem is what we get. Or what Homer get!

Trade Richards and Carter for Player who make a real impact instantly and not in the FUTURE!! I dont want a pick for a franchise captain.....
Honestly, what did you expect we could get in a trade for Richards?

There's a fair amount of teams that needed a center like him, but of those teams, only a fraction of them had the assets required to make such a trade. And of those teams that were in the market for someone like Richards and had the assets to give, only a couple of them had a GM with the balls to make the trade. It seems that the only teams that fit these criteria were LA and Toronto.

We landed the best prospect in hockey and he is ready to step into the line up next season. I honestly think Holmgren did a good job if we are to assume that he didnt have a choice about trading Richards.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:23 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
how many coaches were the Flyers brass going to have to go through to get those two to "buy in" they already shipped off one cup winning coach, and I doubt they were about to do the same... perhaps it came down to respecting those who, oh I dunno actually won at the NHL level, instead of expecting to win at the NHL level playing how they want to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderyears View Post
I'm not going to touch on the subject specifically. But you can't keep taking the players side over the coach, otherwise it's the players who run the team, and that's not the way an organization should work.
these. We can't have a revolving door of coaches just because our "young nucleus" doesn't like them. Lavy's proven himself as an effective coach. I'm still shocked that we moved Richie, but I believe we'll be a better team for it

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Honestly, what did you expect we could get in a trade for Richards?

There's a fair amount of teams that needed a center like him, but of those teams, only a fraction of them had the assets required to make such a trade. And of those teams that were in the market for someone like Richards and had the assets to give, only a couple of them had a GM with the balls to make the trade. It seems that the only teams that fit these criteria were LA and Toronto.

We landed the best prospect in hockey and he is ready to step into the line up next season. I honestly think Holmgren did a good job if we are to assume that he didnt have a choice about trading Richards.

Fair enough...

But if i can´t get a fair value back, to win now, i try to trade someone else.

What about Versteeg, Carle/Coburn, Hartnell, Bobrovsky
Or go after Vokoun if Bryz want >5.0 ??

Not that difficult....

Old
06-23-2011, 09:42 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
Fair enough...

But if i can´t get a fair value back, to win now, i try to trade someone else.

What about Versteeg, Carle/Coburn, Hartnell, Bobrovsky
Or go after Vokoun if Bryz want >5.0 ??

Not that difficult....
Hmmm Bryz got signed already. Hartnell shouldn't go and we need five top D's in Lavy's system. Bob could go now though because that is a lot of money to spend for a back up goalie.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
Laviolette is a great coach with a great system that fits guys like Giroux, JVR, Simmonds, Voracek perfectly. It's a system that should've fit Richards well too but for some reason it never did.
Can you explain his "system"...need a definition for Lavy's gameplan.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Hmmm Bryz got signed already. Hartnell shouldn't go and we need five top D's in Lavy's system. Bob could go now though because that is a lot of money to spend for a back up goalie.
Yes now it´s over.... But it is what it is......

What can you do

Hope Simmonds, Schenn and Voracek proov me wrong!

I´am the first who will open a new thread to show my failures

Old
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
It's a variation of the left wing lock. You send two deep to forecheck with a winger hovering at the other team's blue line looking to block a break out pass while the fore checkers try to get possession. The break out changes from team to team and the D zone play is pretty much NHL standard stuff.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
flyersfan187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
The only bad thing about this system is it gives up many 2 on 1s against us and it tires the players because there is a lot of endurance needed to run it.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:43 PM
MsWoof

Putting Carter on wing was a complete waste of our only good face off guy. Lavi was great during the playoffs but this year he lost the touch, I mean seriously, you have last change, you're putting the Briere line against the Krejci line repeatedly and they're getting hammered, yet you keep doing it? That worried me greatly because it was so obviously a brutal matchup.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
flyersfan187

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Putting Carter on wing was a complete waste of our only good face off guy. Lavi was great during the playoffs but this year he lost the touch, I mean seriously, you have last change, you're putting the Briere line against the Krejci line repeatedly and they're getting hammered, yet you keep doing it? That worried me greatly because it was so obviously a brutal matchup.
I may hate that Boston coach but I envy the way Boston plays defense. They did not have many 2nd chances around Thomas compared to our Flyers that seemed to have 10 2nd chances a game against us.

We did get a lot for us in these trades though and we gotten bigger and more tough. Now just so we go out and sign Cole and let Leino walk.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

I actually hope it was a rift with Laviolette. At least it would make some sense then. If that were the case, great trades today. If not, we shouldn't have moved Richards.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote