HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 10:16 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
My god. I really feel for you guys. Hopefully those picks can yeild something good in the future?

F that actually if I was a flyers fan I'd want homer's freakin' head

Old
06-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
My god. I really feel for you guys. Hopefully those picks can yeild something good in the future?

F that actually if I was a flyers fan I'd want homer's freakin' head
People are forgetting we actually got a few decent players out of this deal as well. I think we got a lot out of these two guys.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Just think Giroux feeding one-timers to Stamkos with JVR cleaning up the trash around the net.

^^^ that's the three of them. The horse is the opposing goalie

Old
06-23-2011, 10:30 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So, basically, you are on the same page with Holmgren? Will keep that in mind.
No, there is always an issue....and then how that issue is dealt with. He is dealing with the issue all wrong....and the issue was created by him, doesnt mean that the issue doesnt exist though.

Just admit someone else was right for once Jester....it might make you feel better.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
People are forgetting we actually got a few decent players out of this deal as well. I think we got a lot out of these two guys.
They got a lot of "potential' out of this deal. Schenn and Voracek could be studs....they could be nothing If we were rebuiliding for 3-4 years down the road, great trades. Trying to win now....they just dont make sense.

And overhauling a team every year or two doesnt make much sense either.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:36 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
On the same page as Holmgren, maybe he is Holmgren.
Considering I have been probably his biggest critic....I find that highly unlikely.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
They got a lot of "potential' out of this deal. Schenn and Voracek could be studs....they could be nothing If we were rebuiliding for 3-4 years down the road, great trades. Trying to win now....they just dont make sense.

And overhauling a team every year or two doesnt make much sense either.
I don't think trading away two guys is really overhauling the team and going into full rebuilding mode. We got a goalie way better then anything we have had in the recent past FINALLY and a few decent players and draft picks out of this.

I have never liked Carter personally and think we can live without Richards.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I dont see it happening either....although I would then feel much better about today. Why the hell would TB let him go?? Yzerman is the GM, not Paull Holmgren.
Out of one side of your mouth, you claim vindication via the fact that Paul Holmgren's moves agree with you. Out of the other, you imply he makes stupid moves.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Jester

Quote:
No, there is always an issue....and then how that issue is dealt with. He is dealing with the issue all wrong....and the issue was created by him, doesnt mean that the issue doesnt exist though.

Just admit someone else was right for once Jester....it might make you feel better.
Dude, I have for a long time thought Holmgren was a moron. Today was further proof.

We have a team that will be atrocious defensively at forward now. Great. Glad your happy.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Long Post Be forewarned.

First. I will say this. The packages we got for the two players i thought were fair. I would have liked that 2nd to be a first from LA but that is all. If we can find a way to move up in the draft and get Larsson i will be thrilled.

That being said.....the moves made today are not consistent with the direction that this team has been heading into the past 3 years. We get much younger, and i believe much less competitive for a cup this season and next. These moves today make me wonder what the Pronger Trade was all about. I felt Pronger was the final piece to this puzzle but now we have more missing pieces to that puzzle .

I Personally believe these moves were made by Snider. You can tell that Holmgren was really emotional talking to the press today and did not seem upbeat at all about the players. This scares me on so many different levels. First off if this is the case i dont see the flyers being competitive as long as Snider is the owner. If he continues to make rash moves based off emotional reaction he will continue to tear this franchise apart. We have seeen for a long time the stupid trade for decades. At first we thought it was Bobby Clarke, but i think we are witnessing the real prescience behind much of the Flyers bone head moves.

I also think that this was a reaction to the Boston series. If you watched the series, it was not just goaltending as the main reason we lost. The players did not play hard or responsible on defense. I feel like in some areas we got manhandled physically. Once that happened i had the feeling that we would try to bring in some more size , and more physical players, since after all that is Sniders M.O.

However the more likely scenario for these trades is a culture change to the franchise. Its safe to say all locker room dynamics are purely speculation at this point. I can understand trading carter to get a player that is a pure wing, but when you trade your captain who is regarded as one of the best overall players in the game something must give. I hope in the coming weeks we can get more info about there presence on the team.

Frankly im stunned. Im sure we all are. I dont think many of us would be stunned by trading carter, but Richards too just doesnt make sense to me. He was by far our most popular player and our freaking captain and to trade him is heartbreaking. I love watching him play and will miss him like crazy.

Those 2 guys i felt made the flyers special. They were both 2 way centers, and were world class talents. But here is the kicker, they wanted to be flyers and took less money in order to stay with the franchise. That low cap hit on both of those contracts made it possible for us to have so much depth on offense and defense. When we eventually lock up Jvr and Giroux i just hope we can get them to low cap numbers as well because if not we will be a middle of the pack team. Getting low cap hits for your top players is pretty much essential to being successful in this league.

As we look to the future i wonder if its not in our best interests to see what we can get for Prongs and Kimmo. I love those guys, the heart and soul of our D. But right now i dont think we are competitive enough to win a championship and that's the reason why those guys were brought in. And also i would want to see Kimmo get his name on the cup before he retires.

So there you have it, those are my thoughts and feelings after todays trades. I will always support the flyers, but i am smart enough never to invest in jerseys.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:51 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
I think it's fair value, but if the flyers want to win a cup next year I'm not so sure - all they really needed to do is sign a cheaper goalie or keep Bob going and get him ready to compete for the run, and finally hope that pronger stays healthy - I guess I'm just more shocked Richards and Carter won't be flyers anymore. LA is going to be very good next year

Old
06-23-2011, 10:59 PM
flountown

When my friends ask me about the trades today, all I say is that I believe there is more being planned, whether it be huge like B.Richards or Stamkos (I can dream can't I?) or something smaller like resigning Leino and bringing in Gagne again.

I don't think this is over in the least, and we might move up in the draft, or acquire another 1st from the rumors floating around. I will judge a few days after July 1 on how today played out, right now my head is still spinning...

Old
06-23-2011, 11:07 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Somebody please cite the source where it confirms this was all Holmgren???? Again, can never accuse me of being a Holmgren fan and I'm still not a Holmgren fan although I support this culture change but I truly believe this was dictated by Snider (my own speculation)...so actually I'm not so sure Holmgren is that ballsy or shrewd afterall. Guy probably wanted to do some lesser ballsy moves and last year showed his penchant for that but after Snider saw Boston's success with the goaltending and the character play and grit he probably had enough like when St Louis used to beat the piss out of the Flyers and gave his marching orders and he didn't care who had to go. Like he has been quoted with going after Byrzgalov..."it had to be done." The capo says it and his underlings have to abide by his diktat. I don't necessarily agree with this kind of meddling but in this case it may have been necessary and prove to be a good move...

Old
06-23-2011, 11:23 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
No to both so far.

I've been hearing since the season ended that Versteeg is going nowhere, BUT if FLA calls wanting to work a deal for 3rd overall pick. I'd have to believe Homer would pounce. Tallon does love Versteeg and Homer LOVES Landeskog

In fact, after they acquired the 8th, I was hearing he was trying to get in the top 3. Didn't happen today but look out for it tomorrow, especially if Landeskog goes past COL.

This was definitely Snider.
Really man it doesn't take an effin genius when you piece things together nor does it take a genius to see that Carter was going to get moved.

And yes no doubt Holmgren covets Landeskog ..he is a flyer through and through and if we get him I'll be ecstatic about this offseason and I'll give most of the credit to Snider (go figure..hasn't been my fav either with his stubborness)...not Holmgrem or Holmgren..whatever you want to call him.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:25 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Good luck with that request! This will be an ongoing discussion/debate/argument for, I'd say, the next 11 years!!
I posted that at 1:09, in regards to trading Jeff Carter.

Ok, so it lasted 11 minutes instead of 11 years. But at least the trade Jeff Carter discussion is finally over.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:33 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Somebody please cite the source where it confirms this was all Holmgren???? Again, can never accuse me of being a Holmgren fan and I'm still not a Holmgren fan although I support this culture change but I truly believe this was dictated by Snider (my own speculation)...so actually I'm not so sure Holmgren is that ballsy or shrewd afterall. Guy probably wanted to do some lesser ballsy moves and last year showed his penchant for that but after Snider saw Boston's success with the goaltending and the character play and grit he probably had enough like when St Louis used to beat the piss out of the Flyers and gave his marching orders and he didn't care who had to go. Like he has been quoted with going after Byrzgalov..."it had to be done." The capo says it and his underlings have to abide by his diktat. I don't necessarily agree with this kind of meddling but in this case it may have been necessary and prove to be a good move...
Homer pulls the triggers, but Snider is the one holding the gun to the heads...

Old
06-23-2011, 11:42 PM
brian822

I said Kirk Luedeke was full of **** couple days ago when he said the Carter trade was done. Full credit to him. I was wrong.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Tape2Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If Richards is traded, i will eat my own hand.
How'd that work out?

Good job Renegade. I only wished you were wrong about this because it sucks to see 18 go.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:52 AM
JABEE

I remember one person saying they'd eat their own shoe and post a video on youtube if Carter was traded to Columbus. I'm still waiting.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I remember one person saying they'd eat their own shoe and post a video on youtube if Carter was traded to Columbus. I'm still waiting.
Crocs are edible, he should start there...

Old
06-24-2011, 01:07 PM
JVR21
G

Props to Renegade and Eskin.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:11 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Renegade, you are our personal Flyer's Indian companion that sees into the future.

You are like our Spirit Walker you see in the movies.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Really man it doesn't take an effin genius when you piece things together nor does it take a genius to see that Carter was going to get moved.

And yes no doubt Holmgren covets Landeskog ..he is a flyer through and through and if we get him I'll be ecstatic about this offseason and I'll give most of the credit to Snider (go figure..hasn't been my fav either with his stubborness)...not Holmgrem or Holmgren..whatever you want to call him.
Yea I know, he's been compared to Mike Richards. Now that guy seems like he'd be a good fit here. Could you Imagine Richards in a Flyers jersey? It'd be a match made in heaven.

Old
06-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Appreciate it Larry.

Like I said, I was only trying to talk hockey and share my fortunes of having a good good source.
We appreciate it. I think we were all in shock and denial thinking about it, but your source is goldend and you called it spot on.

So, about this Versteeg business......

Old
06-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Bryz4shiz

I never wanted this stuff to be true and I'm sorry for giving you crap before Renegade, but thanks a lot for relaying the information you got to us.

Closed Thread