HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offers for Kessel

Old
06-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
If Kessel isn't considered a "star" than what is? Booth? Weiss? Samsonov? and yeah keep working that rebuild, soon it will be a century since it started !!
Don't feed the trolls, it's not worth points before the draft. Let them flap their ignorant lips

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Burke won't trade Kessel.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan1989 View Post
ya, so in the last 8 games of the year he started to play in all 3 zones, thats cause he was tied for the worst +/- on the team.

His stats prove that he only plays in the offensive zone.

g A pts +/-
32 32 64 -20

2nd worst on the team next to bozak, every year since 2008 he has gotten progressively worse in the +/- area.. so i dont think hes getting alot better defensively.. if you dont believe me, look it up
+/- is a team stat. Wonder why Kessel's +/- was so good in 08'? He was on a cup contender.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:10 PM
RogerRoeper*

Kessel is hands-down the most underrated and hated player on HF.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
You can look at Kessel's +/-, and notice that before the all-star break, he was a -19. After the all-star break, he was a -1. Consequently, Reimer got the bulk of the starts after the all star break.

Thank you, come again.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:19 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but no he isn't. He shows no effort to learn to play better defense. He's been called out for it. He's honestly one of the worst defensive forwards in the whole league. He's in the NHL because of his offensive abilities only.
Lol no, you're a biased Bruins fan and you probably hate Kessel (in b4 "I don't hate Kessel, we got Seguin and 2 1st rounders thanks to him!!!!!!"), but while he was slumping offensively in his goal scoring drought this year, he really picked up the slack defensively as his frustrations caused him to play much harder all over the ice. He started backchecking way more, being more aggressive for the puck and just being overall more defensively aware.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Zrinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafidelity View Post
Click his name, it's at the bottom and probably worn out by now. I'll be following your lead. I have no use for fabricating idiots like this.
I remember blocking the guy months ago, you guys should stop quoting him so those who have seen his drivel once don't need to see it twice.

Zrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Dylonus

Would love to see Shero make a move on Kessel.

I'd be willing to trade a 1st + quality prospect for Kessel

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post

+/- is the worst argument about defense... clearly you do not know much about the game. Probably should stop arguing hockey.
how is it the worst arguement?

I have more pointers for you then.

kessel has more cons then pros right now in his career

he is absolutely terrible in the defensive zone, he hardly ever back checks, he's always the last guy back. He's soft, i dont think i've ever seen him lay a check. His conditioning is brutal,He's streaky.he's one of the laziest ( if not the laziest ) players in the league... He's had the same problems in TO as he had in boston, and thats one of the reasons boston got rid of him. He had problems with the coach and managment during the season, and made it public... Burke will never be able to trade him, because burke and toronto fans value him like he's sidney crosby...

To be honest, im not arguing either, those are valid points, and if you do not like them, dont read them.

oilerfan1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post

+/- is the worst argument about defense... clearly you do not know much about the game. Probably should stop arguing hockey.
how is it the worst argument?

he is absolutely terrible in the defensive zone, he hardly ever back checks, he's always the last guy back. He's soft, i dont think i've ever seen him lay a check. His conditioning is brutal,He's streaky.he's one of the laziest ( if not the laziest ) players in the league... He's had the same problems in TO as he had in boston, and thats one of the reasons boston got rid of him. He had problems with the coach and managment during the season, and made it public... Burke will never be able to trade him, because burke and toronto fans value him like he's sidney crosby...

To be honest, im not arguing either, those are valid points, and if you do not like them, dont read them.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:

Oh please. He's one of only 7 NHL players to have 3 straight 30 goal seasons. And he's doing playing with terrible linemates.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:

Well if you're judging him by +/- he was playing like Datsyuk in his last year in Boston with a +23?

Pretty obvious.. when the team is doing bad your +/- is bad. And when your team has Lebda on it...don't even get me started on +/- then.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:42 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Kessel is hands-down the most underrated and hated player on HF.
nope that's jeff carter.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:43 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post

It would cost you a LOT more than that. That first would be a low first and the Leafs are looking for NHL'ers not prospects -- so why would they trade a young 30+ goal man for prospects? And where's in God's name would Pittsburgh fit Kessel's salary? Pittsburgh is already in cap hell.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:44 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
nope that's jeff carter.
Carter isn't hated and people kiss his butt on here.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:44 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Oh please. He's one of only 7 NHL players to have 3 straight 30 goal seasons. And he's doing playing with terrible linemates.
dont get me wrong, his work in the offensive zone is the best on TO, its the neutral zone, and defensive zone that he needs to improve on.. IF burke can find him some decent linemates, TO first line will be decent

Old
06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Quote:
how is it the worst argument?

lol seriously?

He has his faults, sure, but that's ridiculous.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Regina Pat
Who Cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
nope that's jeff carter.
It's Mike Rathje.

Regina Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Quote:
dont get me wrong, his work in the offensive zone is the best on TO, its the neutral zone, and defensive zone that he needs to improve on.. IF burke can find him some decent linemates, TO first line will be decent
His defensive zone play needs work yes.

But Kessel carries the puck through the neutral zone better than any, and I mean any other Leaf.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Gutless

Quote:

I'd be very willing to decline that offer and never speak to you again.

Gutless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:

Well first of all...the quality prospect wouldn't turn out to be a quarter of what Kessel has done as a 23 year old already in his entire NHL career.

and..It's Pittsburgh's 1st round pick which would be like 26+ not Edmonton's so yeah, we're quite content with Kessel.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
and im sure his stats will improve, hopefully TO can re-teach him the defensive aspect of the game.

Old
06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Classy View Post
His defensive zone play needs work yes.

But Kessel carries the puck through the neutral zone better than any, and I mean any other Leaf.
its without the puck in the neutral zone im talking about, i should have made myself more clear.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:

Wolski says hi

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Just because Burke ended up over paying to get a complementary player, doesn't mean other teams will. Also to whoever thinks he's developed more to his game than scoring, think again. He's terrible defensively and lacks consistent effort on most nights. He's also got a poor attitude and fizzles under pressure.

His worth is something along the lines of a good prospect and decent top 6 forward.
you should probably watch him play a bit before you comment... does real well under preasure and is a stud at playoff time if he gets on the ice.

lets remember this kid had cancer one year... mono another... and yes, its funny how cancer and mono sometimes cause a guy to struggle a little

even battling cancer and mono and a very serious shoulder problem another year, this guy still pops 30 goals a year.

he actually scored 42 goals in 82 games for boston if you count his playoff games. and why wouldnt someone count playoff games? playoff games are preasure games. playoff games are harder to score then regular season games. and he did score 42 goals in his 82 playoff games and regular games combind for boston his last year there.

we all know he sometimes goes 20 or more games where he doesnt do much... but alot of guys go 20 games without doing much when they are injured. perhaps kessel hasnt been in the best conditioning so far in his career. perhaps his mental attitude hasnt always been top notch throughout a full 82 game schedule. I am not his biggest fan myself. I wouldnt wish to tie my ship to his sail.

but, this is a guy that battles cancer... mono... major injuries... and whatever other problems that come along, and still scores 30 goals without much help from his linemates in his early 20's.

hes one hell of a talent and if he does get a quality center and manages to stay healthy all year, this is a guy that likely will lead the league in goals scored a couple times before his career is done.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote