HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter to CBJ for Voracek, picks | Richards to LA for Schenn/Simmonds/2nd

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2011, 08:06 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Yeah, Voracek has been seen out drinking as well. Honestly, is there any NHL player that hasn't any photos taking of him when having a party?
I'm less concerned about Simmonds being a partier, but how much would you like to bet that Holmgren thinks he's a good PP/PK player? Kinda like how Lappy is a faceoff whiz.

Almost every 22 year old on the planet has been photographed at a bar at some point or another. Add in that they're "celebrities" of varying degrees and the chances of being photographed increase. It's boring to take pictures of someone at the grocery store, but I'm pretty damned sure they all visit there from time to time. We just don't see pictures of it.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dank View Post
If we are going to be making this much of a drastic change, I think the changes should continue.
I agree with this.

There is no point in hanging onto Timonen this year. He has one year left on his contract and is reaching retirement age. He's not the player you need on a rebuilding team. Trade him somewhere he can have a shot at the Cup, because it's highly unlikely to happen in Philadelphia this season.

My fear is that, as the young forwards are ready to step in, Pronger/Timonen/Briere will be ready to step out, leaving huge gaps in the team and we're looking at another mini-rebuild then.

That's the most frustrating thing about this entire thing. Since the finals last year, the turnover on this club has been monumental. Team chemistry is a tricky thing. Maybe this works. And maybe it doesn't and it blows up in Holmgren's face.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I'm less concerned about Simmonds being a partier, but how much would you like to bet that Holmgren thinks he's a good PP/PK player? Kinda like how Lappy is a faceoff whiz.

Almost every 22 year old on the planet has been photographed at a bar at some point or another. Add in that they're "celebrities" of varying degrees and the chances of being photographed increase. It's boring to take pictures of someone at the grocery store, but I'm pretty damned sure they all visit there from time to time. We just don't see pictures of it.
If phone camara's were around in the 70's. I would have had a ton of pics of players boozing it up. I had to be carried out of Rexy's more than once

Old
06-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Death of a Martian

I'm never going to forgive them for trading Richards. Never never never.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:20 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Just to verify the 8th overall we got from Columbus is this year, correct? So it's actually worth me watching the draft tonight?

Old
06-24-2011, 08:26 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Just to verify the 8th overall we got from Columbus is this year, correct? So it's actually worth me watching the draft tonight?
yessir.

and rumors have been that we covet Larsson and will be looking to move up. That or we can hopefully get Murphy or Hamilton if they fall.

we played like a lottery team to end the year, and now we have the #8 pick to prove it!!! yippy skippy!

Old
06-24-2011, 08:26 AM
brian822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of a Martian View Post
I'm never going to forgive them for trading Richards. Never never never.
christ. get over it. People on here overrate Richards so much its ridiculous.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian822 View Post
christ. get over it. People on here overrate Richards so much its ridiculous.
Definitely not overrated, but I still follow the Brooks mentality that "The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back." So I'm fine with the moves, not like I have any say in it anyway.

Also, thanks Flipadelphia.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:32 AM
brian822

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Definitely not overrated, but I still follow the Brooks mentality that "The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back." So I'm fine with the moves, not like I have any say in it anyway.

Also, thanks Flipadelphia.
Richards is a good hockey player. There's no doubt about that. People on here talk about his leadership like he's messier or yzerman. There have been rumors for years about their off ice activities and major problems in the locker room.

Closed Thread