HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Last Summer PG pulled a Michael Coreleone

Old
06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
onice

vCash: 500
Last Summer PG pulled a Michael Coreleone

Last year Pierre Gauthier pulled the trigger on a number of scouts - amateur & pro.

The new pro scouts did a good job with the Wiz. Halpern, Sopel, Picard signings. Those players were useful.

The Habs last year also hired Ryan Jankowski who was head scout & assistant GM. He's responsible for the crop of young players in the Islanders organization.

Something tells me this year's crop of draft picks is gonna be a very good one.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
neofury*

Yeah I really hope so. I also don't think Tinordi is a bust like some people around here already seem to think. He may not ever be a top pairing D but I think he's developing just fine. Big stay at home D like that take some time. I can't wait to see who we pick or if we trade up.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

I saw Tinordi play. He is far from a bust. He looked like a Smooth skater who could keep up with all of the guys at camp. I was pleasantly surprised.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah I really hope so. I also don't think Tinordi is a bust like some people around here already seem to think. He may not ever be a top pairing D but I think he's developing just fine. Big stay at home D like that take some time. I can't wait to see who we pick or if we trade up.
Big D tend to develop much more slowly. Myers was the exception until his softmore year where he went back to what his development curve should be.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Tinordi is only one year removed and the fans are calling him bust, not the experts who think he is a higher pick if done again this year...not just Button.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Big guys take longer to develop.

Chara was darn akward when he started with the Isles.

Ottawa will always regret the day they let Chara go to keep Redden.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:28 AM
onice

Quote:

The little I saw of Tinordi, I liked. I think this year he's gonna surprise alotta of the haters.

Last year he had to go from American high school hockey to the OHL and he was asked to play a different role on the London team.

Tinordi will be playing on the Habs in two years. After One more year in the O and another in the A.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Who thinks a player is a bust after a year?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
What people need to realize is the Crop of Scouts he went to get aren't just random picks, for the most part they are pretty good at their job, and Scouting is a highly criticized job, but if the right picks are made the scouts could go from 0 to hero.

I have more confidence in our scouting staff this year, then I did 3 years ago, and I'm looking forward to tonight. Also the scouts we got are abit like Timmins, they like boom or bust picks, and eventually one of them will pan out.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Who thinks a player is a bust after a year?
The kinda people who always jump to conclusions. Kinda rampant around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
What people need to realize is the Crop of Scouts he went to get aren't just random picks, for the most part they are pretty good at their job, and Scouting is a highly criticized job, but if the right picks are made the scouts could go from 0 to hero.

I have more confidence in our scouting staff this year, then I did 3 years ago, and I'm looking forward to tonight. Also the scouts we got are abit like Timmins, they like boom or bust picks, and eventually one of them will pan out.
Those scouts got us Subban....

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I don't get why people are worried about Tinordi and Leblanc. Last year, Tinordi was one of the best dman at development camp and didn't look too far off the NHL and Leblanc is always present and is among the most impressive prospects since he was drafted.

I expect Leblanc to become a top 6 winger and Tinordi a top 4 Dman.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
I read this as Timmins first. I was chuckling at your analogy comparing him to a defenseman, but was confused when you said he's developing just fine

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The kinda people who always jump to conclusions. Kinda rampant around these parts.

Those scouts got us Subban....
Thats all great and dandy, and I loved the Subban pick, but otherwise I can't exactly say I was trusting of our complete scouting staff, but I've been a big Timmins fan for the longest time, so I would say all but him was I comfortable with.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
I'm still out on Tinordi. Hope Leblanc, on the other hand, will be a good Dog this season around.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:19 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post

We got PK Subban in the 2nd round. That imo is equivalent to picking a guy like Zetterberg in the later rounds. Because of that with Markov healthy we have two #1 D. Other teams don't even have one.

I really hope Markov can stay healthy, our team is beastly because of that draft pick. Pacioretty too and I think Palushaj may get called up and Pouliot dealt. (We'll wait and see)

I can't wait to see what Tinordi, Kristo, Leblanc, this years picks, etc can do for us. Really excited to see Eller progress and become a true #2 center too.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
angry pirate

It's interesting that TSN's Craig Button re-drafted the 2010 1st round and moved Tinordi up 14 spots to 8th overall. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but I found it an interesting development that some analysts are now rating him that high. Or maybe just A analyst lol.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Miller Time

perhaps the best scouting upgrade PG was involved in was when we replaced him as head pro scout

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

LOL @ people even mentionning the possibility of Tinordi being a bust. He's Hal Gill, but better offensively and light years ahead of him with his skating ability.

But he doesn't score goals, so he's a bust right?

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
It's interesting that TSN's Craig Button re-drafted the 2010 1st round and moved Tinordi up 14 spots to 8th overall. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but I found it an interesting development that some analysts are now rating him that high. Or maybe just A analyst lol.
hes not the only one... Button was saying that other analysts were so surprised he was available in the 20's. Tinordi was a dominant defensive and physical force in the OHL last season. Points weren't there, but it will come with confidence.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
LOL @ people even mentionning the possibility of Tinordi being a bust. He's Hal Gill, but better offensively and light years ahead of him with his skating ability.

But he doesn't score goals, so he's a bust right?
It's just because he started off the season pretty poorly in London, but apparently he really picked up his game after that.

There are people who just look at the stats, and those people would definitely find Tinordi's stats to be pretty underwhelming.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
ChoseLa

When is the last first round pick who wasn't labeled as a bust? Higgin or Komo?

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
When is the last first round pick who wasn't labeled as a bust? Higgin or Komo?
True... I remmeber people labeling Pacioretty, Price, McDonagh, Kostitsyn, Tinordi and Leblanc at a point or another in their career. Crazy.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote