HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards on Preston & Steve Show, 6/24/10, 10:15am

Old
06-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Miss Mess

vCash: 500
Still can't believe this happened.

Mike, I will hang out with you in LA!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:25 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Listened to it this morning and it made me feel worse. I don't think I've been this depressed about a player getting moved since Lindros and even with that, everyone knew that was coming. This was completely out of left field.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:34 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
What is underwhelming about either of their performances?

Carter just put up 36 goals. Richards just played 82 games and 2 playoff series with a wrist that apparently needed surgery long ago, and he put up decent numbers despite that with crap wingers.
Other than agreeing to disagree with you on Carter in the playoffs, I agree. Especially in Richards case. I think Carter was a cap move, and Richards was made the scape goat for the organizations issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
That's not what I mean.

Richards wasn't "personable" as captain.
Pronger knows what to say. He answers questions. He jokes around. Richards didnt answer questions well and obviously the behind the scenes stuff was a major factor.

Obviously management felt Schenn and Simmonds were worth more to them then Richie. That's all you need to know about the locker room and leadership of this team.
Neither were Mario Lemieux or Steve Yzerman the first 7-8 years or so of their careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
He was once considered one of the best captains in the league by Pierre Mcguire and I trust that guys judgement on most things hockey, even though he is a weirdo. Just cause he couldn't get along with Lavy and it divided the locker room doesn't mean he has an act to clean up.
Too many big egos in that room.....which is the fault of the person who put the group together. You dont hand your team over to someone like Richards (making him the captain) and then go out and trade for guys like Lappy and Pronger and expect no friction. There were no problems with Briere and Timonen prior to them getting here, by all indication.....Homer ****ed up, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
Listened to it this morning and it made me feel worse. I don't think I've been this depressed about a player getting moved since Lindros and even with that, everyone knew that was coming. This was completely out of left field.
I feel the same...Lindros was and is still my favorite player I ever watched (Richards and Gagne tied for 2nd) but at the time the Lindros trade made sense....This one did/does not.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:57 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post

Neither were Mario Lemieux or Steve Yzerman the first 7-8 years or so of their careers.

I'm sorry but people need to stop comparing Richards to players like Lemieux and Yzerman in any aspect. He is no where near those guys skill or leadership wise

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:04 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I just listened to it.

I sucks so hard listening to Richards use the terms "their" and "them" when referring to the Flyers.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:44 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I'm sorry but people need to stop comparing Richards to players like Lemieux and Yzerman in any aspect. He is no where near those guys skill or leadership wise
I think the point is that they didn't have those leadership qualities when they were 26 either. Yzerman was constantly criticized for not showing up when it mattered until, you know, he actually did. And then he became the greatest leader this side of Messier (non-Vancouver).

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 06:52 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

He sounded ****ing miserable.