HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik's value on trade market

Old
06-24-2011, 02:43 PM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
i hope people realize the only way we are trading gaborik is if another team has a struggling star or a player that needs a change of scenery and some1 that is capable of putting 35 to 40 goals a year. otherwise sather isn't gonna do it. even if we signed richards and trading gaborik for propsects and picks or whatever is taking a step back and virtually being in the same place as last year. now if a trade was a gaborik for lets say jeff carter before he was traded then it would make some sense. Gaborik will be great again next year i think. Lets see what this guy could do with a number 1 center for the first time in his career.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:51 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
What the hell are you talking about step down off that ledge I've been perched on? I don't have to like Marion Gaborik as a player to please you and all the rest of the pompous, loyal to a fault ranger fans! I would never have signed and overpaid him in the first place and I will never change my mind about him as a player who if he isn't scoring goals, is a useless lump of protoplasm on the ice. He will never be the kind of player who will put up lights out numbers if/when we make a long run in the playoffs someday.
That's my opinion of him and if you don't like it, too bad!
I think your posts need more exclamation points overall

We get it. You don't like gaborik. Do you get tired posting the same things about him all day every day? (ooh clever! his name is marian so we'll call him..MARYJANE MWHAHAHA)

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Kritikal

Send a message via MSN to Kritikal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Gaborik to CLB for Ryan Johansen +

Gaborik to EDM for Eberle +
I'd much prefer Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson than Eberle, but that may be personal bias, not to mention Rosen and Micheletti having conniptions trying to pronounce his name.

Kritikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Kritikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I know people are having wet dreams over a Richards-Gaborik line, but I highly doubt they even play together. Gaborik was tried with Koivu in Minnesota, did not work. Gaborik, like Jagr, needs a certain type of player to get him the puck. Prospal worked very well for Gaborik.

Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
________-Ansimov/Stepan-Gaborik
My feelings exactly. I wouldn't want to break up the "Pack Line", but Gaborik really needs a power forward on his line that can create space for him (the Avery-Anisimov-Gaborik line worked well the couple of games it was together, but I'd prefer an upgrade over Avery despite his underrated passing ability). AA has size as well, and the opposition defense would have no choice but to keep an eye on him, he's a little shifty and can make strong moves toward the net.

Old
06-24-2011, 03:03 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/gaborik

Wow.

What the **** is going on.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:07 PM
t3hg00se

Also, trading Gaborik would be asinine. This team needs goal scoring, and people want to get rid of an elite goal scorer because of a down year? Please. Gaborik had an off year because he was the only person other teams needed to cover. Defenseman shadowed him the entire game. If this team had a #1 C that wouldn't be a problem. Other teams figured the Rangers out and knew how to stop them, shutting down Gaborik. It's a testament to our team more than his play. This team needs more elite skill, not less.

Old
06-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
jessespector Jesse Spector
I can confirm those are rumors. And that they're nonsense. RT @Bluesniper10: can you confirm the gaborik to ottawa rumors?

06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
t3hg00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
jessespector Jesse Spector
I can confirm those are rumors. And that they're nonsense. RT @Bluesniper10: can you confirm the gaborik to ottawa rumors?
Thanks, just posted that on the OTT board, they were running rampant with Gonchar for Gaborik

Old
06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/gaborik

Wow.

What the **** is going on.
The Rangers had enough of Gaborik and they aren't keeping it a secret. The common thread is "he's your best scorer, why would you dump him?". Step back for a moment and humor me. Imagine the Rangers know that he cannot give them what the Rangers need. They don't think it, they know it. They know if he remains in this environment his value will only go down.

If Gaborik is begin actively shopped, which I believe he is, the Rangers have decided that last year wasn't just a down year.

And then you can ask Jesse who has a better line to Sather? Himself or Larry Brooks.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:16 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey94 View Post
Yes, that is what this team needs. Another D-man. As if our depth at D wasn't strong enough, lets trade our only scoring talent for another one. Buffer also had a cold second half of the season.
Uhh. Yeah. This team needs a competent D-man as well as one that can make a Power Play work.

I don't care what someone on a falling team did towards year's end, I care what they could do when it counts.

Byf could've (and would have) been major in the playoffs for us and our offensive woes.

Remember he goes in front when he's told as well!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
ecemleafs

lol those rumors are hilarious on twitter. kuba and a 2nd for gabs. gabs for gonchar hahahaha

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Kritikal

While trading Gaborik would be an interesting idea to speculate on, I don't see it being done. Good GMs trade their players when their value is high (see Eric Johnson, Jaroslav Halak, etc.). Gaborik's current trade value is the lowest it has ever been, it would be downright foolish to trade him now unless the offer is a top-6 forward and a top-10 pick at the BARE MINIMUM, and that is just to keep Sather on the phone. At best, it would be a lateral move swapping out Gaborik for another elite goal scorer.

For these same reasons, it irks me when I see everyone willing to trade MDZ because of a sophomore slump. The way I see it, he had the "Marc Staal" complex. Staal was urged to try to be more offensive, and his overall game suffered until he reverted to his normal playing style, letting the offense come naturally as opportunities arose. MDZ needs to do what he does best: moving the puck up ice and generating scoring chances. With a player like MDZ, you have to let him be creative. How many goals did he single-handedly net Gaborik by threading 100+ foot passes?

I essentially see it as the result of this dump-and-chase, grind-it-out system. It will benefit the players that can do it well (Dubinsky, Callahan, Prust, Fedotenko, etc.), but create an additional challenge for those who cannot (Wolski, Gaborik, MZA, etc.). This is why one system for all four lines will not work. Let the pure offense be creative and generate offense instead of forcing them to dump the puck in at the red line and get beat by the opposition defenders or the goalie.

If we get Richards, I hope this entices Torts to allow the first line that creativity.

To answer the OP, If I had to think of a reasonable trade for Gaborik, I would have to say... Gaborik + Kundratek + a little more for a lateral move... wouldn't be worth it unless we can unload some of our D prospects for a big gun.
Sorry to go a little OT on the reply.

Old
06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritikal View Post
While trading Gaborik would be an interesting idea to speculate on, I don't see it being done. Good GMs trade their players when their value is high (see Eric Johnson, Jaroslav Halak, etc.). Gaborik's current trade value is the lowest it has ever been, it would be downright foolish to trade him now unless the offer is a top-6 forward and a top-10 pick at the BARE MINIMUM, and that is just to keep Sather on the phone. At best, it would be a lateral move swapping out Gaborik for another elite goal scorer.

For these same reasons, it irks me when I see everyone willing to trade MDZ because of a sophomore slump. The way I see it, he had the "Marc Staal" complex. Staal was urged to try to be more offensive, and his overall game suffered until he reverted to his normal playing style, letting the offense come naturally as opportunities arose. MDZ needs to do what he does best: moving the puck up ice and generating scoring chances. With a player like MDZ, you have to let him be creative. How many goals did he single-handedly net Gaborik by threading 100+ foot passes?

I essentially see it as the result of this dump-and-chase, grind-it-out system. It will benefit the players that can do it well (Dubinsky, Callahan, Prust, Fedotenko, etc.), but create an additional challenge for those who cannot (Wolski, Gaborik, MZA, etc.). This is why one system for all four lines will not work. Let the pure offense be creative and generate offense instead of forcing them to dump the puck in at the red line and get beat by the opposition defenders or the goalie.

If we get Richards, I hope this entices Torts to allow the first line that creativity.

To answer the OP, If I had to think of a reasonable trade for Gaborik, I would have to say... Gaborik + Kundratek + a little more for a lateral move... wouldn't be worth it unless we can unload some of our D prospects for a big gun.
Sorry to go a little OT on the reply.
agreed

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the Rangers would be absolutely idiotic if they traded Gaborik...unless youre talking about swapping him for another elite winger, which seems unlikely.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
The Flyer's looked into the abyss and blinked today.

YOU DO NOT TRADE THE FACES OF YOUR FRANCHISE TO CLEAR UP ROOM TO SIGN ILYA BRZGALOV AND POSSIBLY BRAD RICHARDS.

Bryzgalov has proven NOTHING in the playoffs to warrant that type of deal. I give the Flyers three seasons and they will be a cellar dweller.

In short let's get Richards to play with Gaborik and then if it doesn't work out consider options.
I have to disagree....

Simmonds (21), Schenn (19), Giroux (Under 23), JVR (under 23), Voracek (21), 8th overall (17-19), Bryz, Pronger all on one team is a playoff team nomatter who is around them.
**IN 3 years time that is**

And i'm sure i'm missing other young players

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I have to disagree....

Simmonds (21), Schenn (19), Giroux (Under 23), JVR (under 23), Voracek (21), 8th overall (17-19), Bryz, Pronger all on one team is a playoff team nomatter who is around them.
**IN 3 years time that is**

And i'm sure i'm missing other young players
Simmonds is a 3rd liner imho...Giroux is the only player you listed there that scares me. The 8th overall pick in this draft does nothing for me imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:34 PM
xxxZENxxx

Oh those fickle Ranger fans. Score a billion goals and take the team on his back one year, then struggle the next... so clearly the player must be traded. You will change your tune when we have an elite center-man sending passes his way. There is no reason to trade Gaborik unless you plan on a complete rebuild, because he is the only one with elite scoring ability on this team right now.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:39 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Simmonds is a 3rd liner imho...Giroux is the only player you listed there that scares me. The 8th overall pick in this draft does nothing for me imho.
Completely absurd. Unless Slats starts pulling rabbits out of his cigar box or the players we have start overachieving we will be looking up at them in the standings for the next 5 years.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
I think your posts need more exclamation points overall

We get it. You don't like gaborik. Do you get tired posting the same things about him all day every day? (ooh clever! his name is marian so we'll call him..MARYJANE MWHAHAHA)
Never get tired of trashing overpaid,underperforming euro perimeter trash. Let me know if/when he grows some balls and decides to compete for his bloated contract.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:07 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Oh those fickle Ranger fans. Score a billion goals and take the team on his back one year, then struggle the next... so clearly the player must be traded. You will change your tune when we have an elite center-man sending passes his way. There is no reason to trade Gaborik unless you plan on a complete rebuild, because he is the only one with elite scoring ability on this team right now.
Depending on the return, I would have dealt him last off-season.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:19 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Putting a team on your back and not making the playoffs. That's not really putting a team on your back.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:27 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
The Rangers had enough of Gaborik and they aren't keeping it a secret. The common thread is "he's your best scorer, why would you dump him?". Step back for a moment and humor me. Imagine the Rangers know that he cannot give them what the Rangers need. They don't think it, they know it. They know if he remains in this environment his value will only go down.

If Gaborik is begin actively shopped, which I believe he is, the Rangers have decided that last year wasn't just a down year.

And then you can ask Jesse who has a better line to Sather? Himself or Larry Brooks.
This was exactly my assesment of the situation the whole way. We all know he has value on the trade market but weve seen some negative things from him and nothing is convincing me or some other obviosuly that he will bounce back and somehow score and be effective esp with possible hiffen injuries. People have to have more of an open mind.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:31 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Putting a team on your back and not making the playoffs. That's not really putting a team on your back.
Exatcly. Any Fan who thinks he somehow put the team on his back are nuts. He played to his contract for one year. But by no means did he carry us to a great 9th place finish. Like this year he scored against weaker teams, late in game to make it 5-1, empty nets. Im not going to put down his first year hear since some people think it was godly but by no means did he do anything like put a team on his back. He wasent a leader, did not make other play better and got a few goals. This is were the problem is coming from the artificial though of the first year he played hear.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:34 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
lol those rumors are hilarious on twitter. kuba and a 2nd for gabs. gabs for gonchar hahahaha
Its possible no team is willing to give anything and it has come down to Ott but are onyl willing to trade for him by giving contract back.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:39 PM
hockeyman001

Quote:
Had he not had the season he did, the 09-10 Rangers probably are a 70 point team and don't even come close to the playoffs. Gaborik and Lundqvist basically singlehandedly gave the team a chance to try and play-in to the playoffs in 09-10.

Gaborik has never had a reputation as "lazy" before this year...I personally still think he was playing hurt...and his coaches never had an issue with his effort, even Tortorella, who has only benched him (as he has benched every player at some point or another) for mistakes/turnovers. His other benchings were related mostly to Gaborik not scoring which relates to (I still think) injury, and is also something Tortorella did to other players at various points the last 2+ years, including Mr. Effort himself (ineffective as that effort may be), Chris Drury.

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote