HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who does Winnipeg select with the 7th pick?

View Poll Results: Who would you like Winnipeg to select at pick #7
Sean Couturier 41 36.94%
Ryan Strome 36 32.43%
Mika Zibanejad 18 16.22%
Dougie Hamilton 15 13.51%
other...please list 1 0.90%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2011, 02:59 PM
  #126
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,521
vCash: 50
Speculation will soon be coming to and end, and the picks will be made. So with that being said I am going to submit one last mock draft leading up to our pick.

I see it going 1 of 2 ways,

Mock #1

1. Edmonton Oilers - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche - Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida Panthers - Jonathan Huberdeau
4. New Jersey Devils - Adam Larsson
5. New York Islanders - Ryan Strome
6. Ottawa Senators - Sean Couturier
7. Winnipeg Jets - Mika Zibanejad

Mock #2

1. Edmonton Oilers - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche - Adam Larsson
3. Florida Panthers - Jonathan Huberdeau
4. New Jersey Devils - Gabriel Landeskog
5. New York Islanders - Ryan Strome
6. Ottawa Senators - Sean Couturier
7. Winnipeg Jets - Mika Zibanejad

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:11 PM
  #127
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Speculation will soon be coming to and end, and the picks will be made. So with that being said I am going to submit one last mock draft leading up to our pick.

I see it going 1 of 2 ways,

Mock #1

1. Edmonton Oilers - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche - Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida Panthers - Jonathan Huberdeau
4. New Jersey Devils - Adam Larsson
5. New York Islanders - Ryan Strome
6. Ottawa Senators - Sean Couturier
7. Winnipeg Jets - Mika Zibanejad

Mock #2

1. Edmonton Oilers - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche - Adam Larsson
3. Florida Panthers - Jonathan Huberdeau
4. New Jersey Devils - Gabriel Landeskog
5. New York Islanders - Ryan Strome
6. Ottawa Senators - Sean Couturier
7. Winnipeg Jets - Mika Zibanejad
Interesting Guerzy. So you don't think there is a chance that either the NYI or NJD take Hamilton? Maybe not NJD, but maybe the NYI?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:15 PM
  #128
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18,010
vCash: 500
Zib!


VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:21 PM
  #129
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,521
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Interesting Guerzy. So you don't think there is a chance that either the NYI or NJD take Hamilton? Maybe not NJD, but maybe the NYI?
I think it's possible, but, I'd say for the top 4 I feel confident in saying Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Huberdeau and Larsson are my guarantees. So I personally don't see NJ taking Hamilton, but, you never know. As for the Islanders, I could see them taking Hamilton, but I have a feeling they go forward/offense.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:26 PM
  #130
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I think it's possible, but, I'd say for the top 4 I feel confident in saying Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Huberdeau and Larsson are my guarantees. So I personally don't see NJ taking Hamilton, but, you never know. As for the Islanders, I could see them taking Hamilton, but I have a feeling they go forward/offense.
Yeah, I totally agree on the top 4. I'm just thinking that the NYI could go either way right now. It literally could come down to which guy their scouts have a better "feel" for right now. Strome, Couturier, and Hamilton could all fit, depending on how their staff feel about them.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
  #131
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,521
vCash: 50
And, for NJ if the 'big top 3 forwards' are gone by their 4th pick (Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Huberdeau), then I definitely see them going Larsson.

If Larsson is picked top 3, I do not see NJ letting Landeskog go by them in order to pick Hamilton. I know they need defense, but I can't see them passing on Landeskog for Hamilton.

The Islanders and offensive forward for me in a hunch.

And Ottawa at 6th, if Couturier is available I think he is their guy. They have Spezza as #1 center, I don't see them going for another potential offense-first centerman in Strome if they can land a two-way center in Couturier. And I do not think they pick Zibanejad over Couturier or Strome. Their order for me is Couturier, Strome then Zibanejad.


Last edited by Guerzy: 06-24-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:32 PM
  #132
ThankYouBasedGod
Registered User
 
ThankYouBasedGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
I think Winnipeg will be selecting Ryan Strome.

ThankYouBasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.