HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what about Dominic Moore?

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2005, 03:53 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Rucchin, Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Rucinsky, as well as Lundmark, Balej, and Ward, it will be tough for Moore to find PP time. PK time, in the real world, should be easier to come by as it would give an occasional rest to Rucchin, Nylander, Jagr, Straka and Rucinsky a rest, but without a red line I'm afraid the coaches will be tempted to put a couple old speedsters out there for that potential breakaway.

I hate being so critical, but it's tough to say things will be different when the guys leading the charge are the same, and the team is being constructed in a similar manner.
From the few Pack games I've seen on TV I would say as forwards go he was their best penalty killer. He's quick and he knows where he should be and he doesn't just ice the puck every chance he gets---he looks to make a play when he can.

Old
08-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

moore has done so much to deserve a roster spot. Why should he have to earn it. You guys act like its feb 1st and the rangers are playing all vets. Folks camp hasn't started yet. Who knows how fair a shot these guys wil get. Lets assume they will all be given a shot.

Old
08-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Fletch

I agree, eco's...

I think he can take that ability to the next level. My one problem with him, and I've said it often, is that he's not durable. That's manageable. There's a place for a guy to play 10-12 minutes per game - instead of 15-17. What do we have, two weeks before camp and three before the first preseason game? It's been a loooong time.

Old
08-31-2005, 07:54 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
moore has done so much to deserve a roster spot. Why should he have to earn it.
You keep beating the drum for this. Why? Where do you see ANYONE stating that the younger players should just be handed a spot and not have to earn it? NO ONE said that.

Old
08-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Onion Boy

Dominic Moore is probably the smartest player in our prospect pool. If you believe in hockey sense, he has it. I still maintain he was Hartford's most promising player last season (from TV games and live games). I hope he earns a spot, though with the numbers of vets we've signed, he may have a hard time beating out guys like Balej and Lundmark simply on the basis of hype. Maloney seemed pretty bent on giving Lundmark big minutes to prove himself.

Old
08-31-2005, 11:34 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I think he can take that ability to the next level. My one problem with him, and I've said it often, is that he's not durable. That's manageable. There's a place for a guy to play 10-12 minutes per game - instead of 15-17. What do we have, two weeks before camp and three before the first preseason game? It's been a loooong time.
I don't know if durable is the right word. He doesn't have an injury history. Durable as in fading in the 2nd half?---also on strength issues like Balej or Lundmark. I know these guys are coming in officially as 190 or 195--they still seem to be outmuscled a lot and that was Lampman's biggest issue from 03-04. I look at Lundmark and Moore as more suited toward the wing because of the size and strength issue. They're not stocky and ideally your 3rd line center needs that.

Old
08-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Fletch

Yes...

durable as being able to last to the ninth inning before tiring out...as far as I know, he's been durable in regards to staying healthy. This is the only explanation I have for a couple consecutive seasons of tailing off. He seemed to work hard and play smart even when not scoring, though.

Old
08-31-2005, 12:12 PM
eco's bones

We seem to bring in a lot of guys that are very talented and smart but who either fade as the season goes along or aren't built for working in the trenches. York would be one who would fade. Sundstrom would be another who seemed to have problems with a physical game. Yorkie had a lot of heart though---it's too bad he's on Long Island now.

Closed Thread