HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Bruins sign Hal Gill

Closed Thread

Old
08-31-2005, 12:10 AM
SML

vCash: 500
Bruins sign Hal Gill

I always hoped the Rangers would get this guy to play next to Leetch, now it's the other way around. It sure will be nice to see Brian back to his old self when he doesnt have to be the steady homer by default anymore. I hope he has a great year... but not vs. us.

Old
08-31-2005, 12:21 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
I always hoped the Rangers would get this guy to play next to Leetch, now it's the other way around. It sure will be nice to see Brian back to his old self when he doesnt have to be the steady homer by default anymore. I hope he has a great year... but not vs. us.
I would think that if they get Boynton signed, you've got your ideal 1st pairing right there with Leetch and Boynton.

Looking at Boston's lineup right now, they would be my sleeper pick in the East. With the forward depth they have (Thornton, Murray, Samsonov, Bergeron, Zhamnov, etc.) and Raycroft in net, I could see them going far. Injuries aside that is.

Old
08-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Boston could win thier division this year, but there is always that ? about thier goaltending.

Old
08-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
I'm still waiting for the day when people realize that Hal Gill sucks.

Old
08-31-2005, 06:33 AM
shoothepuck

Hal Gill is not that great. Being paired with Brian will make him look better than he is. Except for net, Boston does look good.

Old
08-31-2005, 09:24 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Hal Gill is not that great. Being paired with Brian will make him look better than he is. Except for net, Boston does look good.

Watch them sign Dunham

Old
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Levitate

raycroft is more than adequete and toivonen is one of the top goalie prospects in the league. they may not be stacked with vet experience in net but i think they'll be fine there

Old
08-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Onion Boy

Goaltending is fine for the Bs. Their biggest concern should be defense. If they acquire one more top-four guy, they'll be my pick from the East.

Old
08-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
raycroft is more than adequete and toivonen is one of the top goalie prospects in the league. they may not be stacked with vet experience in net but i think they'll be fine there

Raycroft is anything but proven. It takes more than just 80somethin games to show you can be a long term NHL starter. Toivonen maybe good later on, but if Raycroft struggles and they throw Toivonen to the wolves it could get ugly.

Closed Thread