HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny Lecavalier

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2011, 05:02 PM
  #51
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Why would the Lightning make that deal?

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
  #52
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Regardless, I don't like PG either, so its just a wash for me.
Have you submitted your resume to the Habs? You should, you really seem to know what to do and not to do as a GM... you'd be much better than those 2 bums Gainey and Gauthier...

It must be really hard for you to say no to all these NHL teams offering you jobs all the time...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:15 PM
  #53
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Have you submitted your resume to the Habs? You should, you really seem to know what to do and not to do as a GM... you'd be much better than those 2 bums Gainey and Gauthier...

It must be really hard for you to say no to all these NHL teams offering you jobs all the time...
So I take it you've never criticized anything, right?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:17 PM
  #54
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
So I take it you've never criticized anything, right?


Gotta love posters who don't realize they invalidate the whole point of message boards with their posts.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:18 PM
  #55
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Why would the Lightning make that deal?
The only reason they'd be interested would be to be stuck with an overpayment for 3 years instead of 9... but then again, as someone else posted, they seem to want the cap space now, not in 3 years... Like you said, not sure why they'd do this...

Who in the league would be willing to take on a 10 year contract at 7.7M? The problem with his contract is that it only becomes cap-floor friendly (Actual salary less than cap hit) starting in 2017-2018...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post


Gotta love posters who don't realize they invalidate the whole point of message boards with their posts.
There's a difference between commenting on decisions and giving input, and constantly bashing management. Going in a thread about Lecavalier being on the block and turning it into a "Gainey wrecked this team" bashfest is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, The Habs have been at their best in the last 18 years under Gainey and PG. To criticize a move or a decision, that's what we're here for (and even then, what do we really know?). But to say Gainey and PG are idiots... you really have to live in a fantasy world....

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
  #56
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
There's a difference between commenting on decisions and giving input, and constantly bashing management. Going in a thread about Lecavalier being on the block and turning it into a "Gainey wrecked this team" bashfest is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, The Habs have been at their best in the last 18 years under Gainey and PG. To criticize a move or a decision, that's what we're here for (and even then, what do we really know?). But to say Gainey and PG are idiots... you really have to live in a fantasy world....
best results in 18 years damn that's something!

You're right they're great. Let's shut down the boards. No point in discussing anything unless we agree with everything they say/do.

Who's with me ?

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:43 PM
  #57
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
best results in 18 years damn that's something!

You're right they're great. Let's shut down the boards. No point in discussing anything unless we agree with everything they say/do.

Who's with me ?
Come on, you know what he means. He didn't say anything about discussing, hes talking about how people criticize for no reason. How does Gainey come up in a discussion about Lecavalier? Doesn't make sense to me either.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 06:08 PM
  #58
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Come on, you know what he means. He didn't say anything about discussing, hes talking about how people criticize for no reason. How does Gainey come up in a discussion about Lecavalier? Doesn't make sense to me either.
He comes up because Gainey had a huge blockbuster deal in place for Lecavalier involving Plek, subban and more the year he traded for Gomez.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 07:17 PM
  #59
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,594
vCash: 137
noooooooooooooooooooooo

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 08:24 PM
  #60
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
He comes up because Gainey had a huge blockbuster deal in place for Lecavalier involving Plek, subban and more the year he traded for Gomez.
So you would rather have Lecavalier without Pleks and Subban, vs Gomez Pleks and Subban???

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:14 PM
  #61
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
both are overpaid but atleast Vinny would be easily top3 in our team for points. i will take his 54 points in 65 games and think about the future after, like I said earlier we can trade him later in his career
Nice try, but his no-movement clause makes the contract unwise to take on.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:19 PM
  #62
jadensdad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Why would the Lightning make that deal?
I can think of 50 million reasons -

jadensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:28 PM
  #63
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
So you would rather have Lecavalier without Pleks and Subban, vs Gomez Pleks and Subban???
Where did I say that ?

I don't think you understand what's going on.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 09:32 PM
  #64
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
So you would rather have Lecavalier without Pleks and Subban, vs Gomez Pleks and Subban???
So Gainey was indeed an idiot... for even considering that trade for Lecav.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:14 PM
  #65
sammy d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Don't be ridiculous, that ship sailed 3-4 years ago. If it happened in 2-3 years you guys would be saying the same thing your saying about Gomez now, how do we get rid of that brutal contract.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:26 PM
  #66
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
The only reason they'd be interested would be to be stuck with an overpayment for 3 years instead of 9... but then again, as someone else posted, they seem to want the cap space now, not in 3 years... Like you said, not sure why they'd do this...

Who in the league would be willing to take on a 10 year contract at 7.7M? The problem with his contract is that it only becomes cap-floor friendly (Actual salary less than cap hit) starting in 2017-2018...
Unfortunately the cap floor-friendliness comes with lots of trade UN-friendliness, meaning a NMC!!

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:29 PM
  #67
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Nice try, but his no-movement clause makes the contract unwise to take on.
NMC is far from a problem when a player is not happy . The only reason we would trade Vinny if he can't produce here and when a player don't produce most of the time he's OK with a trade

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:53 PM
  #68
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Unfortunately the cap floor-friendliness comes with lots of trade UN-friendliness, meaning a NMC!!
Exactly! The fact his contract is not cap-floor friendly until late, combined with his NMC makes him very hard to move.... he'll decide if he ever wants to go somewhere else...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:56 PM
  #69
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
hE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE...

But, I'd take him in a split second... and after, get rid of Gomez. He's exactly what we need : a good no1 centre with size.

But, people here think he's somehow overpaid for our needs... right

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 10:58 PM
  #70
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Where did I say that ?

I don't think you understand what's going on.
Will you ever come off your high horse?? Or is it really just too high??? Every single post, every single one of them, you are the most condescending, arrogant poster on this board... absolutely unbelievable...

"Habs" says Gainey's a bum, PG's a bum, everyone is clueless except him. You mention the Lecavalier vs Pleks/Subban deal as a reason why people hate Gainey, hence hinting you're for this deal. I simply asked a question: would you rather have Lecavalier, and not have Gomez, Subban and Pleks? I'm not implying anything, I'm simply asking a question...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 11:04 PM
  #71
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Will you ever come off your high horse?? Or is it really just too high??? Every single post, every single one of them, you are the most condescending, arrogant poster on this board... absolutely unbelievable...

"Habs" says Gainey's a bum, PG's a bum, everyone is clueless except him. You mention the Lecavalier vs Pleks/Subban deal as a reason why people hate Gainey, hence hinting you're for this deal. I simply asked a question: would you rather have Lecavalier, and not have Gomez, Subban and Pleks? I'm not implying anything, I'm simply asking a question...
Answer the darn question brah

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 04:08 AM
  #72
Max et Guillaume
Registered User
 
Max et Guillaume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Answer the darn question brah
Whats the question????

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 05:42 AM
  #73
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Will you ever come off your high horse?? Or is it really just too high??? Every single post, every single one of them, you are the most condescending, arrogant poster on this board... absolutely unbelievable...

"Habs" says Gainey's a bum, PG's a bum, everyone is clueless except him. You mention the Lecavalier vs Pleks/Subban deal as a reason why people hate Gainey, hence hinting you're for this deal. I simply asked a question: would you rather have Lecavalier, and not have Gomez, Subban and Pleks? I'm not implying anything, I'm simply asking a question...
Terrible.

I hate to have to do a play by play of the thread for you so you can follow the discussion...

I didn't mention that failed blockbuster as a reason people hate Gainey. I mentionned it as a reason why Gainey was brought up in this thread in response to CrAzYNiNe's post asking why Gainey was brought up in this thread.

Then you go on and assume that I was for that deal ? Way to go, not read the quote in that post, not follow the conversation, and be upset when I'm annoyed that you can't.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 06:00 AM
  #74
FiveForDrawingBlood
Registered User
 
FiveForDrawingBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Would you take on his contract of he was indeed on the trading block?
I think the Vinny thing has been beat to death last 3-4 on these boards

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:04 AM
  #75
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Stay away from that horrible long long long contract.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.