HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aaron Palushaj

Old
06-24-2011, 03:26 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

vCash: 500
Aaron Palushaj

Do you think Aaron Palushaj will play for Montreal Canadiens next year? Like he did this year. He play 3 game in NHL and I through he was good.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCanadiensFan View Post
Do you think Aaron Palushaj will play for Montreal Canadiens next year? Like he did this year. He play 3 game in NHL and I through he was good.
Yea I think he will play a few more games for the Habs next year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:38 PM
NewHabsEra*

Im expecting Palushaj to make the team straight from the camp unless he has a bad one, I think we will have only 1 spot open up front and its Palushaj's spot to lose.. I think the kid is ready to help us..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:40 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

Thanks you so much. That the best news I hear all day today. I think he will play few games in AHL then next year he will play for Habs. Do you think he will keep same number as last year for Habs.

Old
06-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I think he'll get an injury callup for sure...working his way towards a spot in 2012-2013.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:41 PM
neofury*

Depending on Pouliot and how Palushaj does in the AHL.

Imo Pouliot may be dealt by xmas

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:49 PM
giovannicanella

nhl.com in 2009

"I've always thought my work ethic was second to none," Palushaj said. "That's the only way I think you can get better is working harder than everybody else."
-- Aaron Palushaj

With that determination and what I have seen of him and read about him, I will not be surprised if he becomes a full time nhler soon...

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 03:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Depending on Pouliot and how Palushaj does in the AHL.

Imo Pouliot may be dealt by xmas
The thing is, I would be surprised if Pouliot gets a taker, before making a trade GMs send their scouts to see what they really get, also Pouliot has probably his reputation done all around the league so there are good chances this kid wont be movable.. So Gauthier has to take it in consideration before resigning him 1 way.. and its not like he is making 500K, he makes over 1 million, so we could save money in letting him go replacing him by Palushaj.. Anyway thats a win win situation since Palushaj is overall the best player of the 2..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Palushaj will be in the AHL for another year unless there are injuries. He'll get his real shot in 2012-13.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:18 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

I think you guys are right. If Palushaj do good. He should play more then 3 game he did this year.

Old
06-24-2011, 04:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Palushaj will be in the AHL for another year unless there are injuries. He'll get his real shot in 2012-13.
This. There is absolutely 0 reason to rush palushaj. Even if he CAN play in the NHL, he won't make us a better team. Let him develop. Geez.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

He'll probably get another sniff this year, similarly to last year. I'm not too high on him at the nhl level though.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:42 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

He should play at least 5 game in NHL next year. If he not good. Then send back to AHL.

Old
06-24-2011, 04:53 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Im expecting Palushaj to make the team straight from the camp unless he has a bad one, I think we will have only 1 spot open up front and its Palushaj's spot to lose.. I think the kid is ready to help us..
I highly doubt it. He may make the team during the year if there are injuries or players under perform, but I really don't see a spot for him out of training camp. What line do you see him playing on?

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:53 PM
ChicagoBlues

This is EXACTLY why I want him back!! My expectation is that he will make the team out of camp and at the very least be what you expect in Hamilton.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He looked good in his stint with us, I agree. Bigger-looking than I expeted. A good skater and played the position in a textbook style. I doubt he'll play many games next year. I think he's too far down the depth-chart, barring injury, to get many NHL games.

He'll have to force the issue by being markedly better than the alternatives.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Palushaj's spot to lose? I don't think so. 13th forward will be one of Pouliot/White/Pyatt/Darche, and that's if we add no one up front. I can't see us carrying 14 forwards with the depth we have on defence. We are much more likely to carry 8 defenceman + 13 forwards than 7 defenceman + 14 forwards IMO.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:10 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Palushaj's spot to lose? I don't think so. 13th forward will be one of Pouliot/White/Pyatt/Darche, and that's if we add no one up front. I can't see us carrying 14 forwards with the depth we have on defence. We are much more likely to carry 8 defenceman + 13 forwards than 7 defenceman + 14 forwards IMO.
Yes. I think you and the last poster are on point, but he could force the issue.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 05:55 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

I think Aaron will play pre season games. That when it don't count and he can play to get better. If he really good in pre season. They will call him up to play real NHL game. If he don't do good in pre season. They will send him back to AHL. He did play pre season last year for Habs. Why not one more time.

Old
06-25-2011, 07:18 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Fro now Palushaj has the upper hand on another RW prospect in Danny Kristo.

I wonder if eventually we will need to choose between one or the other.

Aren't they just about the same in terms of what they bring to the game?

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 08:33 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
I think Aaron will play pre season games. That when it don't count and he can play to get better. If he really good in pre season. They will call him up to play real NHL game. If he don't do good in pre season. They will send him back to AHL. He did play pre season last year for Habs. Why not one more time.
Not to sound harsh but this is a bit of a ''captain obvious'' thread&post

Imho Palushaj really shouldn't take anything for granted. He's not the kind of player the org will pencil in the lineup now, since he's proven little so far and isn't necessarily ''the'' player we need atm (even Pouliot, for all the unjustified hate he gets here would be a better top6 option at this point). He'll probably be the first forward to be called up in case of injury and then try to get his chance to stay from there. An exceptional camp might change that but the same is true for all prospects.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Bobby12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Palushaj's spot to lose? I don't think so. 13th forward will be one of Pouliot/White/Pyatt/Darche
Didn't know Pouliot and Pyatt had been signed...

Palushaj would be an improvement on both those guys so how about you let them walk and just get the kid on the team?

Bobby12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I hope we don't try to fill holes via UFA by signing guys like Halpern again. As much as I liked Halpern, I want guys like Engqvist, White, Pyatt and Palushaj to round out our line-up. They're only gonna play like 6 minutes a night anyway so why sign aging vets for a million bucks?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Not likely. Didn't look NHL ready in his 3 games. He'll probably get more games this year, 10-15, but shouldn't make the team.

If anyone, Engqvist might.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:38 PM
LowBallFern

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapshots View Post
Didn't know Pouliot and Pyatt had been signed...

Palushaj would be an improvement on both those guys so how about you let them walk and just get the kid on the team?
------------------------------------------------------
Providing that Mtl keeps Pouliot, We will have to wait till the season opener to see, if in fact, Palushaj has filled out, progressed enough to take out Pouliot....

He desperatly needed to pickup, leg muscle and an overall physical maturity....
Talentwise? No problem!

If not completly ready, it would be best that he spent another half season in hamilton to ensure his safe passage to a top 6 spot in the next 18 months....

LowBallFern is offline   Reply With Quote