HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How do the Rangers get Luongo...put your proposals here

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2005, 02:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
okay, a few things here:

1) There's nothing wrong with a thread like this. Gooch maybe didn't handle himself the best that he could, but that's for me to deal with...not any of the Barney Fife's that have deputized themselves and are calling for thread closures. That's my prerogative...not yours. That brings me to...

2) Some of you are accusing each other of flaming\trolling while being guilty of it yourselves at the same time. DO NOT personalize your posts at each other. Stick to the topic...which is what it would take\if the Rangers could land Luongo. I'm leaving this thread open for the time being...and if you don't think you can keep your posts relevent to the matter at hand...I warn you not to post at all, because anyone that contributes to bringing this thread further down the wrong road is going to be dealt with harshly. I'm sick of locking threads because some of you can't control yourselves\be mature, and I'm sure a lot of the good posters are sick of not being able to post in said threads because of the foolishness of others. It's going to stop, one way or another.

Old
08-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch
i heard they inquired, thus i made the thread. i won't name names....nor is it just a board rumor. nor do i extol it as a RUMOR to be bandied..but I did use it as impetus to think out what proposal it would take to make it happen. I was thinking it to myself, and understanding why they would inquire...big market needs proven goalie superstar...and put forth in here b/c i didn't see what they could do to swing the deal...which is why i didn't start making it...

Montoya, several Calzones and a 1st for Luongo proposal.
If Lundquist puts up those kinds of stats in the NHL then he will BE a superstar. We will see, but I can certainly see where people are saying he has the potential. Keeping in mind of course, that potential doesn't mean anything if one never realizes it.

If there were a trade here, I think Lundquist would be more attractive to both the Patners and the Rangers, due mostly that he's older and more ready than Montoya. For the Rangers it's a benefit because they can keep Montoya in junioers/AHL easier. For the Cats it's better because he's much more likely to step in and play, seeing that they would be trading away their #1 right after taking steps to be more competitive this year.

Lundquist, Jessiman (keenan project) and a 1st?

Old
08-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Balej20*

This thread is BS and is an indirect attack at the Rangers. Rangers do not need Luongo this year, we are not going anywhere.

Old
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Olias of Sunhillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Lundquist, Jessiman (keenan project) and a 1st?
I don't think that gets it done. You'd have to add a Tyutin or a Balej to that deal, at least.

Not very palatable for Ranger fans, which is one of several reasons why this deal doesn't get done. Luongo probably isn't on the trading block anyway, but he'd fetch a huge return even if he was.

You read things like "Lundqvist may be the best goalie prospect ever from Sweden," and you get the feeling that the Rangers will hold on to him.

Old
08-30-2005, 03:12 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow
I don't think that gets it done. You'd have to add a Tyutin or a Balej to that deal, at least.

Not very palatable for Ranger fans, which is one of several reasons why this deal doesn't get done. Luongo probably isn't on the trading block anyway, but he'd fetch a huge return even if he was.

You read things like "Lundqvist may be the best goalie prospect ever from Sweden," and you get the feeling that the Rangers will hold on to him.
some people may not agree with me, but i would prefer lundqvist over luongo

reason being that he is less money at the moment, is younger, and as our team rebuilds he will build as one of them (proving their worth) and i think that will be a good thing

Old
08-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2

reason being that he is less money at the moment, is younger, and as our team rebuilds he will build as one of them (proving their worth) and i think that will be a good thing
Actually, I think that shows a lot more foresight than Sather has shown over the years.

My post was coming from the angle of assuming there's a trade of Luongo to NYR, how would it work best? Though, I also agree with the poster that says my deal is a bit of a lowball offer (though still reasonably significant value). But at the same time, I don't think Luongo gets moved unless Keenan really wants to move him, in which case, there's a good chance he gets lowballed.

Old
08-30-2005, 04:18 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
This thread is BS and is an indirect attack at the Rangers. Rangers do not need Luongo this year, we are not going anywhere.
Just a FYI, its not an attack at all. I watch Ranger games all the time, and personally would like to see a comptetive team on the ice. the New York market, and US hockey, and the NHL NEEDS the Rangers to compete and make the playoffs. The ratings for hockey have not held up, and I beleive, if memory serves, it went on a downward slide after 1994.

I agree that you don't need Luongo this year. It's a rebuilding year. What about next? How long does that rebuilding take?

Old
08-30-2005, 04:37 PM
interminded

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
Move their franchise to Miami and call themselfs the Panthers

The Miami Panthers ?
no man, that sounds horrible..

Make that the Miami Sound Machine feat. Gloria Estafan and Roberto Luongo With his funky trumpets.

Old
08-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
The magnitude of what it would take for this deal to happen would make zero sense from NYR's perspective. At all. "Let's mortgage our future for someone when we won't even be competing for the cup till 5 years or so down the road!"

Yes. Perfect sense. Let's trade all our youth away and pull the same **** we've pulled for years. Brilliant.

Old
08-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by interminded
The Miami Panthers ?
no man, that sounds horrible..

Make that the Miami Sound Machine feat. Gloria Estafan and Roberto Luongo With his funky trumpets.
This is the best and only realistic idea in this entire thread, to be honest.

Old
08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Olias of Sunhillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2

I'm with you on this. There's no reason to give up prospects, picks, and lots of salary for a player who doesn't move you significantly closer to competing for a championship.

If the Rangers were, say, one or two years away from being serious contenders, maybe you take a run at a stud #1 goalie who will be just rounding into form then. I think NY is farther out than that (this is not, I repeat, NOT a Ranger hating post, just an honest opinion), and therefore banking on one of the young guys is a sound idea.

Old
08-31-2005, 06:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Just what the Rangers need.Another goaltender.Give up what few valuable assets they have for a goaltender when they have already have depth at that position.If there is one position the Rangers have depth in is in the nets.Good or bad

Old
08-31-2005, 09:02 PM
sabresfan65
Vote for Teppo!

How do the Rangers get Luongo?

Buy the Panthers.

Closed Thread