HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL 2011 NHL Draft Thread (7PM 6/24 on VS) (Part 1.2)

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 12:26 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i think Gilroy could net us a 5th or a 6th rounder. thats about it.
And you have to remember that it's really Gilroy's rights because we aren't qualifying him and he was set to become a UFA.

06-25-2011, 12:31 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
I'd love to find a way to land Khokhlachev or Jenner.
This so much.

Also Mayfield or Rattie.

Old
06-25-2011, 01:09 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Larsson is so highly sought after because he is NHL ready and thinks the game well. Erixon had 2 less points in his draft year then Larsson, the guy isn't going to blow anyone away offensively. Defensively he is great however.

As for the Sami Salo comparison, Salo is a very good defenseman still. I can see Larsson being better defensively and slightly better offensively.

My favorite comparison tonight was Jonas Brodin to Alex Edler, and they go on to say he isn't physical, and doesn't have a good shot.

EDIT: And it's amazing how the by far the unluckiest team in hockey, the Rangers, is a divisional rival with the luckiest, in the Devils. Before the lottery the statistic percentage of the Devils landing Larsson was .13% or something ridiculous. It's a cruel joke that I will have to listen to these idiots go on like they think they know about hockey even during the summer.

Last edited by ColonialsHockey10: 06-25-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old
06-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Larsson is so highly sought after because he is NHL ready and thinks the game well. Erixon had 2 less points in his draft year then Larsson, the guy isn't going to blow anyone away offensively. Defensively he is great however.

As for the Sami Salo comparison, Salo is a very good defenseman still. I can see Larsson being better defensively and slightly better offensively.

My favorite comparison tonight was Jonas Brodin to Alex Edler, and they go on to say he isn't physical, and doesn't have a good shot.

EDIT: And it's amazing how the by far the unluckiest team in hockey, the Rangers, is a divisional rival with the luckiest, in the Devils. Before the lottery the statistic percentage of the Devils landing Larsson was .13% or something ridiculous. It's a cruel joke that I will have to listen to these idiots go on like they think they know about hockey even during the summer.
ive only seen Larsson in the WJC...but i really wasnt all that impressed...kinda reminded me of wade redden when he was here (not in ottawa)....

Old
06-25-2011, 02:22 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
ive only seen Larsson in the WJC...but i really wasnt all that impressed...kinda reminded me of wade redden when he was here (not in ottawa)....
You're confusing slow, uninspired, ineffective play with smart, patient, efficient play. Neither is particularly flashy, but there's a big difference between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I'm a little late on watching the draft (Percy was just picked), but I really want to punch Burke in the face. Something about the way he looks, and I can't stand how overrated he is. He has done a terrible ****ing job in Toronto.

And that Grimaldi interview was very funny, I like his tie. He does seems like a really great kid, however.

And he continues to do a terrible job with these horrible picks. Trade up to get Biggs lol. "We like hostile players." Give me a ****in break. How bout getting some smart players, buddy? You've got a team full of simpletons. That's a big reason why you suck.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:59 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You're confusing slow, uninspired, ineffective play with smart, patient, efficient play. Neither is particularly flashy, but there's a big difference between the two.

And he continues to do a terrible job with these horrible picks. Trade up to get Biggs lol. "We like hostile players." Give me a ****in break. How bout getting some smart players, buddy? You've got a team full of simpletons. That's a big reason why you suck.
I agree, Burke has **** the bed so far in Toronto

Old
06-25-2011, 03:49 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Burkes picks and draft so far have been terrible.

Legitimately had me laughing when he traded down.

Old
06-25-2011, 04:42 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

So..who's NHL ready for next season ?'

Which teams "won" the draft ?

Old
06-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Black Tank

I don't want Grimaldi, not because of the religion nonsense but b/c he'd be the smallest player in the league. Guys like MSL and Fleury are more rare than guys like Crosby IMO so the chances that he can overcome the size/weight/reach disadvantage make him a very bad pick.

Old
06-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Melrose_Jr.

This one's almost done, so we'll start a fresh thread for rounds 2+

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=34048811

Closed Thread