HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2011-2012 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb View Post
Haha yup...also a guy selling his 313 row 11 pair pretty cheap on SH for next seasons prime games...needless to say i snagged a bunch of his games up....
Yeah I almost grabbed the vancouver game in those seats. Decided against it though. You should do ok. There was also a 308 ow 5 pair listed for vancouver at $90per...

06-23-2011, 11:17 PM
schmautzy

saw that pair. listed as balcony side

Old
06-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

I go to college within a 5 minute walk of the Nassau Coliseum, where the Islanders play.

Tickets are only 16 dollars for students haha, and then I can get tickets to Bruins games for wicked cheap and then move up really close because no one goes.

I feel bad for people paying over 100 dollars to sit in the nose-bleeds haha, but I'm sure the atmosphere is better in the TD Garden

Old
06-24-2011, 06:44 AM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I go to college within a 5 minute walk of the Nassau Coliseum, where the Islanders play.

Tickets are only 16 dollars for students haha, and then I can get tickets to Bruins games for wicked cheap and then move up really close because no one goes.

I feel bad for people paying over 100 dollars to sit in the nose-bleeds haha, but I'm sure the atmosphere is better in the TD Garden
I actually prefer the nosebleeds to many loge seats. View (seeing everything) > being close to ice

Old
06-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

B's fans use to get $10 tickets back when they sucked too. But most are happy to pay 5 times more to see a Stanley Cup Champion in packed house, than to see a cellar dweller and have the place be at 40% capacity. Winning has a cost. And most Bostonians are more than willing to pay that price Enjoy the isles...haha

Old
06-24-2011, 10:12 AM
RunFromTheBear

I called my rep and he let me switch to the other pair that were available in 312.

I went from
304 row 13
to 312 row 11 (behind the stairs)
to 312 row 9, $600 more for year but more towards the mid so no obstruction.

Really happy my rep let me grab that pair in row 9.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:08 AM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Yeah I almost grabbed the vancouver game in those seats. Decided against it though. You should do ok. There was also a 308 ow 5 pair listed for vancouver at $90per...
cant believe people would be trying to sell their tickets quickly after what happened this season!! i guess it's just gotta be that they need money badly....or theyre completely out of touch with the expected B's seller market for the reg season....either way its beautiful!!!

Old
06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
I called my rep and he let me switch to the other pair that were available in 312.

I went from
304 row 13
to 312 row 11 (behind the stairs)
to 312 row 9, $600 more for year but more towards the mid so no obstruction.

Really happy my rep let me grab that pair in row 9.
Pretty good,Considering they threw you out of there at the end of your time period the other night.
I feel like if I called my rep about a similar thing, he would be too confused to understand what I was talking about. Seems to be how our calls go most of the time. He still hasn't returned an email from last week concerning select a seat.
Congrats.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:28 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb View Post
cant believe people would be trying to sell their tickets quickly after what happened this season!! i guess it's just gotta be that they need money badly....or theyre completely out of touch with the expected B's seller market for the reg season....either way its beautiful!!!
What i dont understand is they wont get paid until you get your tickets. Why sell low now?

Old
06-24-2011, 11:30 AM
schmautzy

Bruins Sunset Cruise

How do people think the market will be for scalping cruise tickets? lol

Old
06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
What i dont understand is they wont get paid until you get your tickets. Why sell low now?
ahhh yeah true i forgot about that....definitely weird....and i dont think the market will be good for the cruise resale hehe

Old
06-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

State of the secondary market for '11-'12 season

With next year's schedule being released yesterday, it has me thinking back to some conversations that were had only 6 short weeks ago in this thread. We were headed into the Eastern Conference Finals I believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17
It's the ECF, $150 a ticket to get in there isn't that bad IMO. People were paying $150 for bleacher seats to Fenway a few years ago. A few Montreal games, Pittsburgh games, Saturday games had higher prices during the regular season.

I have a bad feeling about the tickets for next year. It appears that all availability for seasons were purchased by scalpers who are just throwing them on StubHub. If there are 3000-3500 seats available for a Saturday game in the ECF, what are Tuesday games against Atlanta going to look like.

2011-12 will definetly be a buyers market

Conversation/topic starting at post #930 here- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=883218&page=38

I'm just curious if anyone out there still has the mind set it is going to be a "buyer's market"

Certainly it's very early in the game. However, with there being at least a couple hundred tickets to every game available, I think we can see that prices aren't trending downward.

In short, you can not judge a entire market or future season's tickets sales, solely on the current market for one playoff game. You have to look at the big picture.

Old
06-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
How do people think the market will be for scalping cruise tickets? lol
Honestly, not worth it. Last year was cold and wet. Save your money. LB and Max Slade were supposed to be there and never showed up.

I am Boston Strong

Old
06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
RunFromTheBear

@Looch

You must be pretty happy with the schedule. Seems like last year Washington, Pitt, NYR were all on the weekends. They flip flopped some of the less desirable teams to weekends which should really help you out.

Last time you posted about me being wrong about ticket pricing (game 6 tickets being over $1200)...the Bruins went out and ruined the secondary market, making me right about pricing not even being close.

Stop jinxing yourself! :p

The Red Sox should make a deep October run this year so I expect a soft market to start the season and as typical in the past couple years a strong second half. I guess you'll do about the same as last year with rising season ticket prices giving you a small hit.

I don't care either way. I'm just happy I had season tickets last year and didn't have to buy off StubHub. I think I could have had loge seats for what I spent on balconies a couple years ago on StubHub.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
@Looch

You must be pretty happy with the schedule. Seems like last year Washington, Pitt, NYR were all on the weekends. They flip flopped some of the less desirable teams to weekends which should really help you out.

Last time you posted about me being wrong about ticket pricing (game 6 tickets being over $1200)...the Bruins went out and ruined the secondary market, making me right about pricing not even being close.

Stop jinxing yourself! :p

The Red Sox should make a deep October run this year so I expect a soft market to start the season and as typical in the past couple years a strong second half. I guess you'll do about the same as last year with rising season ticket prices giving you a small hit.

I don't care either way. I'm just happy I had season tickets last year and didn't have to buy off StubHub. I think I could have had loge seats for what I spent on balconies a couple years ago on StubHub.
haha. There were game 6 seats in my section and row in the balcony that sold for $1488/ticket before game 5 ended. I had a cash offer on mine morning of game 5 at $1500per. And if they would have won game 5, they likely would have gone for closer to 2k each... I rolled the dice and sold em at $750/ticket the next day.

But my major point was, you can't look at sales for ONE game and determine next year's market by it. You have to look at the big picture. There will be soft games and premium games, just like always. but by in large, expect secondary market prices to be higher this year in general.

The schedule is decent. No complaints there.

As far as the Sox go, I really don't think a deep Oct post season run will be a huge factor on B's prices. For the last few years, the majority of Sox playoff games have been pretty soft. There have even been large numbers of sellers at the scalp free zone trying to move their tickets at face. The world series being the exception obviously. But even ALCS games against the Rays were available all over the park at face.

Glad you had the foresight to buy ST before the push came. I never feel bad for people who wait till everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. And then want to go to a bunch of games and piss and moan about the prices. They didn't want to make the investment when the team was so/so...they can pay going rate.

Regardless of one's allegiance to the team from a fan prospective, if they were willing to take the risk when the team isn't as hot, they deserve to make a nice profit when the tide finally turns.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
KillerKampfer*

I'm not too worried about the market. The balconys sell easy as heck and make the Loges dirt cheap. But they might go back down, games like the Wings and Sharks were never crazy valuable this year because they were priced high from the outset. There are so many saets in the 321-326 rows 10 and up on SH that need to sell that nothing will get too out of hand.

I went to all the ECF games but only used my Loges for two of them. None of the ECF games were profitable at my cost downstairs. I either sold them below cost b/c I found even cheaper seats (Santa Claus in Toronto with his 30 listings on ebay) or used them but none of the games made dough (didn't think about selling them game 7 just sold balconys and went money was irrelevant for that particular game but the first 3 I couldnt get cost after fees.) Market shrinks once you go over a certain price.

Balcony is cool a handful of times a year if your going for cheap but when the dollars get big you gotta be in the Loge IMO. Too many dicks stand up and make you miss goals up stairs and I feel awful for the people behind me if I stand to see since I'm big.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:39 PM
RunFromTheBear

I spent a fortune on playoff tickets for three years in ar row, all off StubHub.

I didn't realize how easy it would be to unload tickets to friends, ticketexchange, StubHub, etc. I was so hung up on eating tickets I figured StubHub was my best bet.

When I joined this site and realized that people weren't eating their shirts on season tickets I called and got tickets ASAP.

What an awesome decision! I think I spent $2600 for tge regular season tickets this year, for an entire year compared to about $1500-2000 for 2 playoffs ago of StubHub for 7-8 games. I even think I spent less on playoff tickets this year and we went all the freaking way!

Glad I got on board when I did, regretting the decision not to do it sooner.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:53 PM
schmautzy

I bought in two years ago playoff time just to avoid having to do the ticketmaster or stubhub thing. I came very close to cancelling last year because the team wasnt doing so hot at renewel time and I was broke. But i just couldnt give them up and hung in there. Thank god for the payment plan.
If the other teams in town had payment plans in the past I probably would have had Sox tix instead. The C's didnt have their payment plan then either. My name should be coming up on the Pats waiting list in the next couple of years. Not sure i want them though. Pretty easy to get tickets even as the team is doing well.

Old
06-25-2011, 08:37 AM
NASCL

I bought six games on Ebay yesterday that I thought were decently priced, underpriced actually. Ebay pays the seller immediately so you're more likely to get a better price than StubHub where the seller has to wait to get paid.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:58 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
I bought six games on Ebay yesterday that I thought were decently priced, underpriced actually. Ebay pays the seller immediately so you're more likely to get a better price than StubHub where the seller has to wait to get paid.
You may get the money slightly faster, but you might not. Plus, selling on ebay you get dinged a few times with fees.

Listing fees
Buy Now fees
Final Value fees
Depending on your account, Paypal even charges you fees, then you may have to wait a few days til that cash hits your account.

I remember selling on ebay and at times was paying over 10% total in fees on some items.

Glad you got what you were looking for though

Old
06-25-2011, 04:06 PM
big sexy bruin

Guys

I am interested in splitting up seasons tickets for next year in the club section. I would like to get 2-3 others possibly to get 10-15 games each. We would split it fairly with regards to weekend, weekdays,teams etc.

Please let me know if you are interested

BSB

Old
06-25-2011, 10:30 PM
BruinsFan0877

Was looking on Stubhub and for tickets to the opener are minimum $225. Do you guys expect these prices to stay this high?

Expect the atmosphere to be electric, again, but surprised the tickets are as expensie as they are.. But maybe I shouldn't be?

Old
06-26-2011, 10:38 AM
iceman42

I am looking for 2 tickets to the 10/6 game (its my birthday tradition). I am waiting for single games to go on sale. The closer to the ice the better for me. I will pay face value I think it only fair that you get what you spent as well as any shipping costs. You can PM me details of what you have but I will be asking others as to poster reputation, etc. Also tickets together would be preferred.

So looking around at StubHub prices 300 level are $225-$299! Is that correct? I thought that reg season games would be more like around $100

Last edited by iceman42: 06-26-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old
06-26-2011, 01:16 PM
gobosox00

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
I am looking for 2 tickets to the 10/6 game (its my birthday tradition). I am waiting for single games to go on sale. The closer to the ice the better for me. I will pay face value I think it only fair that you get what you spent as well as any shipping costs. You can PM me details of what you have but I will be asking others as to poster reputation, etc. Also tickets together would be preferred.

So looking around at StubHub prices 300 level are $225-$299! Is that correct? I thought that reg season games would be more like around $100
Opening night the year after they won the cup for the first time in 39 years with the banner raising ceremony, etc. is going to be insane demand. You'll be lucky to get in the door for $200 per ticket. I would wait at least to see if you can get tickets when they go on sale on ticketmaster but I would assume with the new dynamic pricing they will price tickets at $150 or so face value for the chepaest balcony

Old
06-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
I thought that reg season games would be more like around $100

I have a dozen games in lower level loge seats at $100 a ticket...opening night does not happen to be one of them though.

PM me for details...but I will be asking others as to your reputation prior to selling.

p.s.- These tickets are being sold below face value

Closed Thread