HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter traded to Columbus Blue Jackets

Old
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
jeff carter sucks

i am more concerned with markov getting 5.75 million for being made of glass, and what that may mean for the weber neg.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Ugh... I hate Umberger so I'll hold my opinion beyond that

Columbus obviously isn't a one line team, but I think ky's point was more that adding the one player shouldn't be that much of a difference. I agree, but I am a bit worried about our away games. Trotz is going to have to try incredibly hard to keep your top line away from our bottom pairing. Our games with Columbus are always so close that we can't afford to let that line go unchecked, even for one shift.
To me, this was a move by Columbus that was less "win now" and more "compete for the 8th seed now." Though they've got work ahead of them, it's hard to imagine them being any more than one of a couple of teams fighting for a playoff berth in the final few days of the regular season even if this all works out well for them. Of course, they'd probably die for that and I can't blame them.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 06-24-2011 at 01:49 PM.
SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:35 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This would be like one of us claiming that y'all only have one worthwhile defense pairing.
Actually, a lot of people thought that after we let Hamhuis go.

Sorry, I can't say anything nice about your team. I hate them the worse. I've had bad experiences with some obnoxious BJ's fans in the bridge. They weren't too terrible though at Nationwide. Still hate the Jackets.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Actually, a lot of people thought that after we let Hamhuis go.

Sorry, I can't say anything nice about your team. I hate them the worse. I've had bad experiences with some obnoxious BJ's fans in the bridge. They weren't too terrible though at Nationwide. Still hate the Jackets.
And look at how accurate they were!

As to travel issues - fair enough; I've had bad experiences with obnoxious Preds fans at Bridgestone also (I tend to be in the Nashville area every New Year's along with BFC, so we try to show up). That said, they're vastly outnumbered by the positive ones, so I don't hold one or two idiots responsible for everybody.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 10:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I can't help but feel a little for Jackets fans in how all of this is shaking out. No matter what his agent says about it not being about Columbus, when you see words like "devastated" mentioned, or repeatedly see referenced that Holmgren had told Carter he wouldn't be traded to CBJ, you can't help but think it would be different if he were the one traded to a sexier team like LA. Meanwhile, Richards is handling it with class and already asking LA fans on twitter to recommend a number for him to wear.

My excitement over getting Carter would be spoiled a little by the way he's handling it.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:02 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
My excitement over getting Carter would be spoiled a little by the way he's handling it.
In fairness to Carter, he went from a team aiming to win the Cup to a team hoping to make the playoffs. If your goal in your career is to win the Cup, it has to be demoralizing to know that your entire prime will likely pass without a one.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:46 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Just traded Filatov for a 3rd?!?!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I can't help but feel a little for Jackets fans in how all of this is shaking out. No matter what his agent says about it not being about Columbus, when you see words like "devastated" mentioned, or repeatedly see referenced that Holmgren had told Carter he wouldn't be traded to CBJ, you can't help but think it would be different if he were the one traded to a sexier team like LA. Meanwhile, Richards is handling it with class and already asking LA fans on twitter to recommend a number for him to wear.

There's some folks who are coming up with "will fail to report" conspiracy theories as a result. Personally, my excitement was dulled by five quality defensemen coming off the trade market all at once the very next day.

Old
06-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Just traded Filatov for a 3rd?!?!
Didn't think he'd sell low, but, well, there it is.

This sort of thing's been done before, with guys like Legein, Zherdev, and Fedorov. Guess there was more going on than we knew. Heck, RJ even tweeted that Howson did a "good job" getting that pick.

And the kid we got? Tynan? DAYUM. I'm keeping an eye on him.