HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Filatov for Bieksa

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Well that may be, but it seems Bieksa is taking up cap space and Vancouver's top 4 D is already pretty hefty. If Gillis could acquire an overpayment (Filatov) for something he could do without, he should take it in a second. It's just good asset management.
Except Bieska for Filatov would immediately have Columbus GM fired before the trade can even go through.

I don't know how a crappy 1 year of Bieska helps Columbus, especially for Filatov. At best, Canucks may receive 2nd + mid to low-level prospect.

Old
07-20-2010, 01:34 AM
nuckfan insk

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Since this thread is still banging around, here a realistic offer. Well... realistic IMO

To Columbus:

Bieska
Hodgson(With a clean bill of health)
Vancouver's 2011 1st rounder

To Vancouver:
Filatov
Columbus' 2011 2nd rounder

Columbus does this because they need another center. I like their group of wingers already.

Vancouver does this because they need wingers and have an abundance of centers and d-men as it is.
hodgson >>>>> filatov

Old
07-20-2010, 01:36 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Since this thread is still banging around, here a realistic offer. Well... realistic IMO

To Columbus:

Bieska
Hodgson(With a clean bill of health)
Vancouver's 2011 1st rounder

To Vancouver:
Filatov
Columbus' 2011 2nd rounder

Columbus does this because they need another center. I like their group of wingers already.

Vancouver does this because they need wingers and have an abundance of centers and d-men as it is.
that statement is just not true, we have an abundance of quality wingers and we have (after hodgson) no bluechip center prospect (assuming schoreder moves to the wing).

Old
07-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
that statement is just not true, we have an abundance of quality wingers and we have (after hodgson) no bluechip center prospect (assuming schoreder moves to the wing).
Yeah, we have plenty of wingers as it is. Also, Hodgson will be playing with the Canucks next year. Gillis won't trade away his first pick as a GM.

The only thing leaving Vancouver is Bieksa.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:20 AM
Spamhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
Not sure we really need a center prospect after bliznak hodgson and schroedor. None of these guys would really be able to beat out kesler as a 2nd line center anyway, and even if they did kesler plays a pretty good right wing any way.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
I dont know how this thread is still alive. It was a pipe dream. I was a fool to think that one man's garbage is another man's treasure.
That's disrespectful, Filatov is far from garbage and you know it.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Spamhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
Boo earns...

Old
07-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
well done.

Old
07-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Vitto79

I bet Carle from Philly will be a Jacket

Old
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Skraut

The Columbus beat writer who started this stupid rumor in the first place continues to fan the flames of it.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/07...ate_days.shtml

Quote:
What would the Blue Jackets part with to acquire Bieksa or Kaberle? Compelling question. Both Vancouver and Toronto have too many defensemen -- hence the trade -- and neither team needs a goaltender.

It was surmised in this space a week or so ago that left winger Nikita Filatov could be dangled as bait. We still believe -- from talking to numerous sources -- that it's a possibility. However, the Blue Jackets have strengthened their confidence in Filatov ever since development coach Tyler Wright traveled to Russia.

It's highly doubtful Filatov would be traded straight up for Bieksa. A lesser prospect and a pick from the Blue Jackets to the Canucks seems a more reasonable deal, but if Vancouver sweetens the pot along with Bieksa, it's certainly plausable that Filatov could be on the move.

It's unclear if Burke would have any interest in Filatov, who does not possess equal measures of pugnacity, truculence or beligerence. Testosterone, maybe, but not the other three. (Trust us. We looked them up.)

Filatov, considered the top prospects outside the NHL only one year ago by The Hockey News, has had his stock significantly harmed over the last 12 months. He still has 40-goal potential in many scouts' eyes, but he is considered a risk by many clubs, too. Fair or not, that's the reality.

The Blue Jackets are highly reluctant to break up their top six; not because it's so lethal but because of it's make-up.

Captain Rick Nash, armed with a no-trade clause, isn't going anywhere. R.J. Umberger has become the heartbeat of the franchise. Jake Voracek looks like a budding superstar, a baby Jagr. Antoine Vermette and Derick Brassard can't be moved without getting a top 6 center in return. Kristian Huselius' contract is not easily tradeable, and neither the Canucks nor the Leafs seems a match for his services.

That leaves Filatov as the most alluring of carrots. The Blue Jackets, we're told, would be highly reluctant to part with any of their top prospects -- forwards Ryan Johansen and Matt Calvert, defensemen John Moore and David Savard.
I'm not sure when Filatov urinated in his Wheeties but Aaron Portzline likes to throw around Filotav trade rumors that nobody else seems to think are plausable.

Then for the next week, we'll see every sports reporter it the league mentioning the Filatov for Bieksa thing again, and once again driving more traffic to the Dispatch's website.

Seriously this year Portzline is essentially Eklund with a press pass. But unlike Eklund, press from other cities think that Portzline has the same level of credibility that they do simply because he has that press pass.

Old
07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Crede777
Deputized

The problem for Portzline is that he assumes Umberger is a lock for the 2nd line when IMO his skillset is much better suited to a line with Pahlsson and Dorsett/Moreau.

Dosett is a forward who has value to a team like Vancouver but I can't see him being moved. He is considered a potential assistant captain, worked with Arniel and company during the development camp, and has been around Columbus working his ass off.

Old
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I bet Carle from Philly will be a Jacket
Do continue.....

Old
07-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Except Bieska for Filatov would immediately have Columbus GM fired before the trade can even go through.
No **** dude, I'm a Columbus fan. I was just saying how Vancouver shouldn't possibly be declining this because it would just be good asset management.

Old
07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
No **** dude, I'm a Columbus fan. I was just saying how Vancouver shouldn't possibly be declining this because it would just be good asset management.
Exactly. Even if Vancouver had no interest in having Filatov on the team, they could do Bieksa for Filatov straight up and then flip Filatov for more of a return than Bieksa would have gotten.

Old
07-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Exactly. Even if Vancouver had no interest in having Filatov on the team, they could do Bieksa for Filatov straight up and then flip Filatov for more of a return than Bieksa would have gotten.
Well that depends.

Right now it seems like the defenseman market is riding high.

This isn't to say Bieksa is better than Filatov, Filatov is better than Bieksa, etc etc, I am not trying to get into that.

I just don't know if it is such a clear cut case that Bieksa's value around the NHL is so dramatically less than Filatov's right now that it makes it a slam dunk of asset management to pick up Filatov.

Again, I am always a sucker for unproven talent, and I love gambling on the draft picks, and I scream bloody murder anytime someone wants to trade for Hodgson, but it always seems we at HF over value players that haven't done anything at the NHL level. The "next Gretzky" disease is rampant around here.

Some GM's might take the proven commodity and run with it, and with the d-man market being high right now, it could be a closer value gap than all of us think, due to the intangibles involved. Whether it's true or not, whether Filatov loves the idea of playing in the NHL or not, Russian players make some GM's gun shy.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:17 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Ya, we could do that, but if you were so nice as to oblige us we would just play him and have at least two good scoring lines and potentially three deadly scoring lines.

As much as we like gritty it wouldn't break our heart to get a scorer on an ELC. In fact if your GM is desperate I could see Gillis sweeten it up.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
gino718711

I would Give them Gologoski and a 2nd Rounder for Filatov...... I think Thats better than Bieska

Old
06-25-2011, 11:23 AM
vadim sharifijanov

huh, well i guess we probably could have gotten filatov for bieksa after all.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
huh, well i guess we probably could have gotten filatov for bieksa after all.
Really what's the point of digging this up you couldn't say what you just said in the trade thread that's already open

Closed Thread