3rd: RW Gabriel Landeskog (2nd to Colorado = +1)
33rd: D David Musil (31st to Edmonton = +2)
47th: C Rickard Rakell (30th to Anaheim = +17)
64th: RW Logan Shaw (76th to FLORIDA! = -12)
73rd; C Marcel Noebels (118th to Philadelphia = -45)
84th; D Zachary Yuen (119th to Winnipeg = -35)
93rd; LW Adam Reid (Undrafted)
123rd; F Colten St. Clair (Undrafted)
153rd; RW Garret Meurs (123rd to Colorado = +30)
183rd; F Sami Salminen (Undrafted)
-42 this draft, excluding the undrafted selections. However, pretty happy that Logan Shaw was actually selected by Florida as well as two of my top picks going in the first round, while Musil just missed out at 31.
__________________ "I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
32. Ty Rattie, F (32nd overall to STL: E)
41. Seth Ambroz, F (128th overall to CBJ: -87)
46. Xavier Ouellet, D (48th overall to DET: -2)
71. Adam Lowry, F (67th overall to WPG: -4)
83. Benjamin Conz, G (Undrafted)
101. Alan Quine, F (85th overall to DET: +16)
131. Jyrki Jokipakka, D (195th overall to DAL: -64)
161. Blake Coleman, F (75th overall to NJD: +86)
191. Martin Gernat, D (122nd overall to EDM: +69)
The good: First of all, I deserve some props for completely nailing the Rattie pick. Even got the team right too Coleman and Gernat were big steals for where they were actually drafted, and Ouellet and Lowry were right around were they should have been picked.
The bad: Ambroz tanked which really killed me, and my mancrush Conz slips through yet again, making me look liked a doofus in the 3rd. I'm telling you some team is going to be sorry one day!!
5. Jonathan Huberdeau (F) - 3rd overall, +2
34. Victor Rask (F) - 42nd overall, -8
50. Ryan Sproul (D) - 55th overall, -5
63. Joseph Labate (F) - 101st overall, -38
94. Michael Paliotta (D) - 70th overall, +24
124. Justin Thomas (F) - ND, -87
126. Petr Placek (F) - 176th overall, -50
184. Matt Mahalak (G) - 163rd overall, +19
I'm pretty happy with my draft. I had Rask and Sproul pretty close to where they were drafted and was ahead with Paliotta and Mahalak. Labate dropped quite a bit, in retrospect I might've been able to nab him in the 4th, still not mad at the pick though. Still surprised Thomas didn't get picked, his injury must have been worst than originally thought. Had Placek a bit high, but he was an appealing pick in the late rounds. Looking forward to doing this again next year!
My best pick has to be TJ Tynan. Went 66th overall in real life and I picked him up 170th overall. Drafted him last year too but went undrafted. Actually a couple of my undrafted picks from last mock draft got picked up this year.
Duncan Siemens (14) actual draft: (11) +3
Nikita Kucherov (45) actual draft (58) -13
Reid Boucher (105) actual draft (99) +6
Alex Roach (135) actual draft - undrafted
Konstantin Komarek (165) actual draft - undrafted
Mike Reilly (195) actual draft (98) + 97
Not bad but clearly missed the boat on Alex Roach & Konstantin Komarek! (oh and Mike Reilly clearly saved my ass)