HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov to Ottawa for a 3rd Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 02:42 PM
ViD

vCash: 500
In before Filatov scores 25 in Ottawa.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Just found out he's 5 foot 8, 156 pounds. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Dude is smaller than Nikita.

Martin St. Louis, Tyler Ennis, Nathan Gerbe, and Matt Calvert all say hello. The guy could be 5'0" and I'd still love him.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Martin St. Louis, Tyler Ennis, Nathan Gerbe, and Matt Calvert all say hello. The guy could be 5'0" and I'd still love him.
Every little dude drafted in the last 5 years gets compared to St. Louis, none of them become as good as him. Marty is a gifted talent, and a superstar.
I'd have rather traded Filatov for a current NHL bottom 6er or a bottom pairing dman if he could, at least get something.
We essentially gave away Filatov for free.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:46 PM
BluejacketNut

The Jackets arent known for their ability to develop talent. I still think he'll be a good player in this league, but it wont be until he's around 24 or 25 when he fully grows up. Im shocked at it only being a 3rd round pick, very low risk for Ottawa

Old
06-25-2011, 02:47 PM
ViD

Quote:
Every little dude drafted in the last 5 years gets compared to St. Louis, none of them become as good as him. Marty is a gifted talent, and a superstar.
I'd have rather traded Filatov for a current NHL bottom 6er or a bottom pairing dman if he could, at least get something.
you are correct, sir

Old
06-25-2011, 02:48 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
This....you always hear MSL, like theyre a dime a dozen. Yet no one that size has come close to the ability and star power of MSL

Last edited by BluejacketNut: 06-25-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old
06-25-2011, 02:50 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelMe View Post
Well he did spend some time with the Blue Jackets and if one of his teammates writes:

...it's quite obvious he was not popular there. And the fact that Umberger deleted this and posted another (much more milder) tweet just proves it even more.
It could be for his price not character, did you think about it? He wrote in the second tweet that he is a good kid.

Old
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post

They're so stoked on the OTT board!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaahahahahaha

We have tons of picks.

Wasting a 3rd-rounder here on a long-shot is a fine move.

Old
eljefe72

I blame Hitchcock for ruining Filitov's development by not giving him enough playing time his first year.

Old
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
How about the other three names?

Folks seem to worry about size 'cause of the possibility of getting bounced off the puck. That's where stickhandling and skating ability come into play, and Tynan's got oodles of both. Think "trip over a boulder" type steadiness, from what I've seen.

I'm not 100% sure if he'll be able to keep that up as the hitting gets rougher, but I love what I see so far.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:51 PM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
You "(keep) him there out of spite and to teach him a lesson", he bolts back to Russia and the CBJ get nothing.

Sadly, I can't argue with your there. We've sucked, in large part, because we suck at scouting and drafting.
I'm fine with the first part. If he's so selfish and uncommitted, I don't have a problem with chasing him out of the league and NOT getting a pick back.

LOLing so hard right now about people getting excited over Tynan. Oh, he had a good season for Notre Dame and in some tournaments. Whoopdy freakin' doo. I remember getting excited over Kiel McLeod's stats when we drafted him, too. Bottom line is that talent's not likely to transfer to the NHL, or he wouldn't have been sitting there in the third round. Is he really smaller than Filatov? Jesus... Come on, guys. We just drafted a tiny college player with maybe some potential. To get him we traded the player who two years ago was ranked as the top prospect in hockey... And people are posting hearts and starting bandwagons. I know some of you are scratching and clawing for anything to delude themselves into thinking we just won a trade, but that is just sad.

Last edited by hossua34: 06-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old
06-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Threads automatically get locked after a certain amount of time inactive, so it's not likely you'll be able to come back and throw this in our faces.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:54 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
The Jackets arent known for their ability to develop talent. I still think he'll be a good player in this league, but it wont be until he's around 24 or 25 when he fully grows up. Im shocked at it only being a 3rd round pick, very low risk for Ottawa
I just think Filatov needed a full season in the NHL to adjust and maybe a couple of breaks to keep his confidence up. If a couple posts ringed in, buried the empty netter or two, who isn't to say he isn't in the NHL right now with his skill set?

Problem is Columbus is not in an experimental situation, Ottawa makes sense in that there are a few starting spots available on the roster for young players in that rebuild.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:58 PM
harrisb

Who was Filitov's center(s) while playing with the big club? Curious as he'll likely get a chance to line up with Spezza in Ottawa. I hope your 3rd works out, just as I hope Spez can ignite the potential in Filitov.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

From twitter:

Quote:
@TReedDispatch: Nikita Filatov had requested a trade from #CBJ or he planned to play in #KHL next season
I hope he sucks (no offense meant, Sens) and ends up modeling men's underwear in Russia in 3 years.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:04 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1900
Per Tom Reed ...
Quote:
Nikita Filatov had requested a trade from #CBJ or he planned to play in #KHL next season
Per AP...
Quote:
#CBJ LW Nikita Filatov "requested a change" about 10 days ago, says #CBJ GM Scott Howson. Put another way: He's asked for a trade. If not traded, Filatov would have played in the KHL next season. Howson acknowledged the #CBJ would have tried to trade LW Nikita Filatov at this draft even if he didn't request a trade.
I believe that this was strongly hinted at in the other Filatov thread.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:05 PM
DougKnowsBest

good riddance

talented players... and championship players are not always the same thing

Old
06-25-2011, 03:06 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

He said something another on Formspring. He said he do not think about KHL.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Per Tom Reed ...

Per AP...

I believe that this was strongly hinted at in the other Filatov thread.
No wonder a third is all SH could get for him. Not that he was going to get more anyways, but it makes sense.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:09 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
I know some of you are scratching and clawing for anything to delude themselves into thinking we just won a trade, but that is just sad.
CBJ "won the trade" (or more accurately, benefitted from the trade) by clearing a spot in Springfield for someone to develop who could actually make the big club.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
LOLing so hard right now about people getting excited over Tynan. Oh, he had a good season for Notre Dame and in some tournaments. Whoopdy freakin' doo. I remember getting excited over Kiel McLeod's stats when we drafted him, too. Bottom line is that talent's not likely to transfer to the NHL, or he wouldn't have been sitting there in the third round. Is he really smaller than Filatov? Jesus... Come on, guys. We just drafted a tiny college player with maybe some potential. To get him we traded the player who two years ago was ranked as the top prospect in hockey... And people are posting hearts and starting bandwagons. I know some of you are scratching and clawing for anything to delude themselves into thinking we just won a trade, but that is just sad.
I'm not about to claim we "won the trade". I'm pointing out the silver lining. I'd love this kid even if he wasn't a result of the Filatov pick. It's rare that I go literally from "who the hell is that" to "HOLY **** THIS KID IS AWESOME" in the space of thirty minutes.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
He said something another on Formspring. He said he do not think about KHL.
Time to let it go.

Old
alphafox

Let this be a lesson, say it with me GMSH: We, the columbus blue jackets, will stop wasting our 1st round draft picks on russians.

Old
DougKnowsBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
i didnt realize he still had 3 years on his contract

Old
06-25-2011, 03:13 PM
CBJCougar

Son of a *****! I go away for one tournament and come home to find THE Weenie gave away my favorite pup because HE couldn't housebreak him!!

Closed Thread