HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov to Ottawa for a 3rd Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 02:13 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Let this be a lesson, say it with me GMSH: We, the columbus blue jackets, will stop wasting our 1st round draft picks on russians.
We should have learned that after Zherdev.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:14 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
He said something another on Formspring. He said he do not think about KHL.
So Carter is lied to, and now so are the CBJ fans that read that....

Let's face it, Filatov had a very small chance of really succeeding here after he went back to the KHL a few seasons ago. He was going to be Arniel's project last summer for this past season and he couldn't even last a year, I figured he would be much better suited to playing Arniel's brand of Hockey.

You have to be able to play two way hockey at this level.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Time to let it go.
I asked him on Formspring on it. It is interesting for me.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:17 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 543
If anyone is interested in a Filatov game issued Springfield jersey, just drop me an offer in a message. Keep in mind its an authentic, even if the name on the back of the jersey is a bust.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:17 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
We should have learned that after Zherdev.
Howson has learned it... take that to the Bank.

The Next CBJ GM (whoever it will be, whenever it will be) will inevitably come across a situation where they have a chance to select a Russian and they will most likely do so, and the cycle will begin again.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Per Tom Reed ...

Per AP...

I believe that this was strongly hinted at in the other Filatov thread.
Less confused now. I guess he got mad that we were planning a "Philly cheese steak" line and not a "Filly cheese steak" line. Whatevs. At least we got some return from someone who will undoubtedly end up in the khl anyways.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:22 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

**** you Filatov. I hope you crash and burn and never play in the NHL again. Can't wait to boo your ass if you get the miracle chance of playing in the NHL.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:22 PM
General Jacket70

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Let this be a lesson, say it with me GMSH: We, the columbus blue jackets, will stop wasting our 1st round draft picks on russians.
GMDM got to choose his sexy russian pick = Zherdev

GMSH got to choose his sexy russian pick = Filatov.

Unwritten CBJ GM rule, you get one sexy russian pick!

Just hoping the next GM has better luck sometime in the future with his pick

(some of you may want to add an "r" to "pick", please don't. Be nice )

Old
06-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
How about the other three names?

Folks seem to worry about size 'cause of the possibility of getting bounced off the puck. That's where stickhandling and skating ability come into play, and Tynan's got oodles of both. Think "trip over a boulder" type steadiness, from what I've seen.

I'm not 100% sure if he'll be able to keep that up as the hitting gets rougher, but I love what I see so far.
Calvert made the NHL because he wanted to, he put in the work it required to become an NHL player. I'm glad to have him. Don't know much about Ennis, I don't watch must of the Eastern teams anymore.

Are you familiar with buy low/sell high?? Usually you don't want to trade a player when his value is at his absolute lowest. Unless you just have to have him off the team and don't care what you get back, which appears to be the case. I don't think Howson is expecting much from Tynan or whatever his name is.
Now that we have the info from Tom Reed, it appears Howson's hands were tied and had to get him out of the organization asap. One of Billy Beane's rules of trading is, the moment you're forced to make a deal, you're ****ed, because you're going to make a bad one.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
At least Gilbert Brule was able to net Raffi Torres. Just shows how little Filatov has done in ANY professional league he's played in so far.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
**** you Filatov. I hope you crash and burn and never play in the NHL again. Can't wait to boo your ass if you get the miracle chance of playing in the NHL.
a little extreme....it was for the best we sent him along anyways...would have liked a better return, but we got what we could...life goes on

Old
06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Cujorulesdtown9
Wearing Clown Shoes

Trade him for a 3rd round pick, or lose him to the KHL for absolutely nothing, ill take the 3rd happily.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:26 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Son of a *****! I go away for one tournament and come home to find THE Weenie gave away my favorite pup because HE couldn't housebreak him!!
lol @ anyone thinking this is Howson's fault

I love ya, Coug, but the only thing I could hold Howson accountable for is that he should've traded him when he first threatened to go to the KHL. Would've gotten a better return then, but he, like many fans, hoped that Filatov would grow up and realize some of his potential.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:27 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jacket70 View Post
GMDM got to choose his sexy russian pick = Zherdev

GMSH got to choose his sexy russian pick = Filatov.

Unwritten CBJ GM rule, you get one sexy russian pick!

Just hoping the next GM has better luck sometime in the future with his pick

(some of you may want to add an "r" to "pick", please don't. Be nice )
in filatov's case, i would've added a ch and dropped the p.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:27 PM
CBJ Tiffin

Per @BlueJacketsNHL via Twitter:
NHL Blue Jackets #CBJ @GMScottHowson spoke with the media following the #NHLDraft. Part 1 - http://*******/kfx0Vp & Part 2 - http://*******/ka0le1.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:30 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:

I love ya, Coug, but the only thing I could hold Howson accountable for is that he should've traded him when he first threatened to go to the KHL. Would've gotten a better return then, but he, like many fans, hoped that Filatov would grow up and realize some of his potential.
The mistake Howson made was drafting him in the first place. Many of us thought it was a mistake to spend a #6 pick on a smallish, Russian then. I candidly think the CBJ were caught by surprise when Toronto traded up to get Schenn.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:31 PM
JacketsFanWest

Thing is.. if Filatov (or by saying Filatov, the Dispatch writers mean his agent or manager or his mommy), wanted a trade 10 days ago, think how different things were.

Looking at the depth chart, if Filatov thought he was still going to be in the dog house and stuck behind Calvert, Atkinson, Kubalik and any new wingers signed, then there was no future with the organziation.

Then the Carter trade happens, there might be more trades and he's asked on his Formspring yesterday about what he thinks of a Filatov-Carter-Nash line.

If Filatov lived up to his potential, that could be a great line or at least a power play unit. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He had his chance with the Jackets to take over Voracek's spot in the lineup. And he was a big baby and blew it.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
This kids self entitlement is laughable and I'm glad to he'll never wear our sweater again. Looks like Ottawa gets to handle his "NHL or I'll go home" BS from now on, joke's on them

Old
06-25-2011, 02:35 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:

Well, spin it anyway you want so that you don't lose faith in the Captain of this ship, especially in light of the Carter pick up but Filatov was wasted by this organization. We cannot rock the cradle and develop talent. Why anyone has faith in our system is beyond my imagination. Wanna talk about Jake? He came on like a rocket and then stalled in his development too.

Howson has made changed recently in the scouting departments and all across the board to correct this. He knows it too. I'm just disappointed that he couldn't hang on to Nik one more year and see if he could turn it around.

Oh well. Howson doesn't give a **** what I think. He's just trying to hang on to his job.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:38 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

I love how whenever a player fails within this organization it's everyone's fault but their own.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:39 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Thing is.. if Filatov (or by saying Filatov, the Dispatch writers mean his agent or manager or his mommy), wanted a trade 10 days ago, think how different things were.

Looking at the depth chart, if Filatov thought he was still going to be in the dog house and stuck behind Calvert, Atkinson, Kubalik and any new wingers signed, then there was no future with the organziation.

Then the Carter trade happens, there might be more trades and he's asked on his Formspring yesterday about what he thinks of a Filatov-Carter-Nash line.

If Filatov lived up to his potential, that could be a great line or at least a power play unit. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He had his chance with the Jackets to take over Voracek's spot in the lineup. And he was a big baby and blew it.
If it is right so Howson talked with him 10 days ago and Carter was not here in this time. Simply I asked him I see what he anser if answer. If it is right it would be bad shock for me.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:43 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
I love how whenever a player fails within this organization it's everyone's fault but their own.
Honey, we've been in the NHL for 10 years with 1 post season appearance that was one (round) and done. We have a newly acquired top dog who doesn't want to talk to anyone about being here, throwing a fit and creating PR nightmares and I've yet to see anyone waive his NTC to come here. Wake up and smell the coffee. It ain't just one or two of us that fail to suffer from delusions of grandeur. It is what it is and everyone knows why.

Not drinking the cool aid today. You can have my glass.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
EXACTLY...but he's a cutie so that means we should have kept him...

he put himself in the position, howson reacted best he could...and now we move on...

Old
06-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Honey, we've been in the NHL for 10 years with 1 post season appearance that was one (round) and done. We have a newly acquired top dog who doesn't want to talk to anyone about being here, throwing a fit and creating PR nightmares and I've yet to see anyone waive his NTC to come here. Wake up and smell the coffee. It ain't just one or two of us that fail to suffer from delusions of grandeur. It is what it is and everyone knows why.

Not drinking the cool aid today. You can have my glass.
where is Carter throwing a fit? he HASN'T SAID A WORD...stop with the complaining b/c now the two cuties that you liked were sent packing by Howson...this team is moving on...I for one, am totally on board with the current direction...and excited and hopeful to see what's next

Old
06-25-2011, 02:50 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
where is Carter throwing a fit? he HASN'T SAID A WORD...stop with the complaining b/c now the two cuties that you liked were sent packing by Howson...this team is moving on...I for one, am totally on board with the current direction...and excited and hopeful to see what's next
You obviously feel that you are entitled to tell me how to feel and this needs to be addressed. You do not. I'm not sure why you feel it is ok to insult others and impose what you imagine upon me. Please stop. You're can't play the cute card.

Closed Thread