HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Brayden Schenn - How good will he be?

Old
06-25-2011, 01:18 PM
TopT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers please. Considering that you know everything
Why dont you ask that the people in this thread that are projecting him as a 100 point center ?
This is my opinion if you dont like it I cant help you;

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:21 PM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
I didn't watch any of the games, but I won't complain with 11 points in 10 games played in the playoffs.
Well, I guess you should ask some Blades fans how did he look in the playoffs

Old
06-25-2011, 01:25 PM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
He is not a mike richards type player, not even close. He is projected to have quite a bit more offensive upside. The thing about richards is that he actually doesnt have world class skill, he is just a smart, good hockey player, that uses drive and determination to make himself a great player. Schenn has quite a bit more naturally talent...and while he may be a secone line center behind giroux I would be shocked if he wasnt far and beyond better than jarrett stoll.
Ok; i am not here to argue; you have youre opinion;
I my opinion Loktionov will be a better center than Schenn from what I have seen from both of them.

Old
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopT View Post
I my opinion Loktionov will be a better center than Schenn from what I have seen from both of them.
My opinion? dont want to argue? From what I have read you have come into this post knocking everything about brayden schenn... for what reason? to educate us flyers fans we made a huge mistake? we had no choice, we do not say whether mike richards should be traded, every flyers fan loves him and he is a great player.

It isnt my opinion that brayden schenn is suppose to be a top notch player, it is the opinion of every single hockey scout, team, gm etc. You wouldnt be able to name someone in the nhl who doesnt think he will be great.

Does that mean he is a guaranteed all star? not even close, but to be honest I dont think you are a professional scout that is able to distinguish he is not going to be very good, going against every other hockey mind in north america.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

like a boss.

I hope he hits as good or better than Richie.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:33 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
He'll be better offensively than Richie IMO.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:43 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1521
Hexy chimes in:

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/25/11/bG...484&feedID=695

Quote:
So Schenn had better be ready, something the Kings were not sure he was.

“Close,” said assistant GM Ron Hextall Friday. “Maybe.”

“He’s going to be a very good player, but it’s going to take three to four years for that and from where we were at as a franchise, it was time for a bold move.

“We really liked him. He’s not a great skater, but he’ll be fine there as he builds up. He is a gritty guy who makes a lot of plays. If you are asking me to characterize him, he’s a playmaker who can shoot, too.”

Might be rookie of the year. Might be still overmatched. You never know, but that’s why they pay Holmgren the big bucks. Taking one step backwards to take two forward is what smart teams do. But after being in Game 6 of the finals 12 months ago, is this a time -- or a town -- for this?

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
What's wrong with you? You lose Schenn, then you rationalize it by telling the fans of the team he's been traded to that he's an absolute disaster? You're the only person I think that has ever written this.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:18 PM
TopT

Quote:
My opinion? dont want to argue? From what I have read you have come into this post knocking everything about brayden schenn... for what reason? to educate us flyers fans we made a huge mistake? we had no choice, we do not say whether mike richards should be traded, every flyers fan loves him and he is a great player.

It isnt my opinion that brayden schenn is suppose to be a top notch player, it is the opinion of every single hockey scout, team, gm etc. You wouldnt be able to name someone in the nhl who doesnt think he will be great.

Does that mean he is a guaranteed all star? not even close, but to be honest I dont think you are a professional scout that is able to distinguish he is not going to be very good, going against every other hockey mind in north america.
great > very good > Jaret Stoll

It a good thing you didnt write another paragraph cause we we could come to an agreement

I am probably a little biased cause I always wanted Lombardi to trade down with Toronto and take Paajarvi.

Ok, no hard felings I ll stop; we are happy, you re happy its all good.

Old
06-25-2011, 03:21 PM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
What's wrong with you? You lose Schenn, then you rationalize it by telling the fans of the team he's been traded to that he's an absolute disaster? You're the only person I think that has ever written this.
Not true, there is quite a few people on the Kings board that think the same but anyhow it doesnt matter anymore.
I wish success to us and to you and hope this trade works out for both teams

Old
06-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Not true, there is quite a few people on the Kings board that think the same but anyhow it doesnt matter anymore.
I wish success to us and to you and hope this trade works out for both teams
what a hockey hot bed of knowledge

Old
06-25-2011, 03:27 PM
TopT

Quote:
what a hockey hot bed of knowledge
Enjoy the last word

Old
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Enjoy the last word
That belongs to me, thank you.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Enjoy the last word

feel free to take some of it with you when you head back over to your own board

Old
06-25-2011, 04:23 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
10 I believe. I seen him wearing 22 in some clips too.
I've seen him in 21 with the blades and 55 with the kings last preseason. Anyone's guess what number he'll take with the OnB.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
For me anyway, it's almost impossible for Schenn to do anything that will make me any less angry about this trade.
Get busy living or get busy dying

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculation View Post
Flyers fan from out west in Calgary, first off tough day for the team, I am a huge Jeff Carter fan and trading your captain especially in the same day isn't what any fan wants to see, but I wanted to jump in on the Schenn thread as I've had a chance to watch him play in Saskatoon this year.

I watched him really closely after the World Jrs. and in my opinion his skill set was noticeably above the rest of the guys on the ice on both teams. His vision and play making ability stood out immediately and he has a pretty heavy shot from what I saw. I don't think the Blades playoff performance was reflective of Schenn's ability to dominate a game. The game I was at he put up 4 points almost by himself. He averaged over 2 points per game through his games played with the Blades post injury.

Trading Richards for a guy who hasn't cracked an NHL roster yet is worrisome for people, but if this guy realizes his potential you have a hell of a prospect on your hands. When there were rumors of Iginla heading to LA last year, it was almost unanimous in Calgary that Schenn and Simmonds both had to be in that deal or Jarome wasn't going anywhere. He was also a key cog for Kovalchuk when that whole deal was going on too. Most people out west really like Simmonds and he's a tough guy to play against ask the Vancouver Canucks. He will fit well with the Flyers game and although the Flyers lost a great forward in Richards, be patient with Schenn, if he finds his game at the NHL level him and JVR will make the loss of Carter and Richards sting a little less.

Anyways, hoping for another run at the playoffs for the Flyers, thought you guys might want to hear from someone out west who's seen him in action fairly frequently.
Thanks

Old
06-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Have you checked against which teams did he score all those points ?
Also he was one of the oldest players in tournament.
Schenn had at least 2 points in every game aside from the USA game, which sadly wasn't that competitive (and this was after Schenn had a separated shoulder).

This was Schenn's last year of eligibility for the WJC but he was far from the oldest player in the tournament. There were 13 players on Canada that were older than him, 11 players older than him on team USA, 11 players older than him on the Swedish team, and 16 players older than him on the Russian team.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 05:23 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Schenn had at least 2 points in every game aside from the USA game, which sadly wasn't that competitive (and this was after Schenn had a separated shoulder).

This was Schenn's last year of eligibility for the WJC but he was far from the oldest player in the tournament. There were 13 players on Canada that were older than him, 11 players older than him on team USA, 11 players older than him on the Swedish team, and 16 players older than him on the Russian team.
Haha dang, schooled. Thanks for the info!

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Wouldn it be smart to wait if he cracks youre lineup :-) ever) ?

As a kings fan I hated the Schenn pick from the start and am absolutely delighted with this trade. Schenn is the most overrated prospect in recent years.

BTW I am not so familiar youre lineup; which line did Richard center ?
Stop smoking the blue grass

Old
06-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Well, he already has some great deal of pressure on his back; he was traded for youre best player (my opinion)
And he does have history with under performing while under pressure.
On the bright side you did also get Simmer who I did like and am sorry to see him go. I remember a lot of debates who is better Richards or Kopi. I cant believe we now have them both. These are good times to be a Kings fan. Finally
Kings fan in old kentuck huh

Old
06-25-2011, 06:32 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
He said almost impossible. And chances of that happening are around 0.0000000000000000000000001%.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote