HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blog series 1 - A case for Carcillo

Old
06-18-2011, 02:41 PM
fully spectrumed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulton44 View Post
Yes it is, the bonuses are already included.
ah. my apologies.

fully spectrumed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:51 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Carcillo, OD, Versteeg, and Carle should all be gone this offseason. I want Carter moved too, but that's unlikely to happen.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:01 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Carcillo has had his second chance, but now he is priced out of getting his third. I love his personality, I think he embodies the Flyers spirit - to an extent. But he is far from tough. He yaps and doesn't back up his talk. He backs down from middle of the road fighters, and rarely wins fights when he does fight.

Not to mention, he is completely unable to move up and down the lineup. When he first arived in Philly, his offensive "touch" was made out to be an asset, but I cringed every time he got those chances on the first line alongside Richards. He simply can't keep up with the speed of top notch offensive guys, and his physical game is assuredly overestimated. He's a hole out there.

He's a tweener and he's not making the Flyers any better where they should be.

BrimFullofAsham45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:05 PM
lancer247

I like carcillo and would like to bring him back but it seems he really got on the refs wrong side after his antics in the 2010 playoffs.
Previous years he drew more penalties by for compared to what he took. I don't think that was the case last season.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:08 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Carcillo has had his second chance, but now he is priced out of getting his third. I love his personality, I think he embodies the Flyers spirit - to an extent. But he is far from tough. He yaps and doesn't back up his talk. He backs down from middle of the road fighters, and rarely wins fights when he does fight.

Not to mention, he is completely unable to move up and down the lineup. When he first arived in Philly, his offensive "touch" was made out to be an asset, but I cringed every time he got those chances on the first line alongside Richards. He simply can't keep up with the speed of top notch offensive guys, and his physical game is assuredly overestimated. He's a hole out there.

He's a tweener and he's not making the Flyers any better where they should be.
I think he has tried to change his game to be more of a pest and less of a fighter. He was playing last season for a contract so being off the ice for 5 mins at a time wouldn't help.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:31 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
I was a big fan of Carcillo, but I think his time is done here. I personally cannot stand the constant dives and head throw backs. I don't remember him doing it as much when he first got here.

Also, he's going to cost 1 mill+ and that's too much money for him.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 10:30 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
I was a big fan of Carcillo, but I think his time is done here. I personally cannot stand the constant dives and head throw backs. I don't remember him doing it as much when he first got here.

Also, he's going to cost 1 mill+ and that's too much money for him.
I didn't think he was a diver until Stevens left. Maybe he was suppose to because that makes him a better pest and more hated around the league?

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:33 PM
fauxflex

In a vacuum, I would waive Shelly and keep Carcillo for the 4th line duty and maybe use a Sestito as your call up if you need a Shelly type. Carbomb had a tough season. He had a better playoffs, but still, he's out of favor right now. I do think he can be an asset. He can play on a 4th line and could fill in on say, a Richards line, like he has in the past if need be (Richards seems to have liked playing with him). He's a decent skater, he hits, he's good on the forecheck and along the boards. He's shown some hands and the ability to produce at times, but he definitely took a step down in this area this past season. Maybe coming off that abdominal surgery hindered him? Maybe not getting as much time with a scoring line?

I think the whole embelishing thing is overblown. While I do think he needs to do away with those antics and other junk with the refs, I think it's a fallacy that the refs are going to treat him blatantly unfairly. If he just focuses and gets back to playing good, solid, hard nosed, hockey between this whistles and less silliness after them I think he'd be worth the qualifying offer the team said they would extend to him. But can he/will he do this?

Having said that, if the team feels it needs a change and maybe wants to slot a prospect into the lineup in Carcillo's spot, I can understand that. Especially if they can get any kind of value for him in a trade.

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 08:54 PM
alx83*

Hey, guys. This was the newest thread I saw on Carcillo so I figured I'd post in here rather than make a new thread. With the salary cap no longer a issue, do you guys feel there is anyway that Carcillo keeps his spot on the team?

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:08 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
Hey, guys. This was the newest thread I saw on Carcillo so I figured I'd post in here rather than make a new thread. With the salary cap no longer a issue, do you guys feel there is anyway that Carcillo keeps his spot on the team?
The salary cap is always an issue and Rinaldo is about the same as Carcillo and would be cheaper. Carcillo would play a better role on a team with a true checking line and in a role where the coach allows him to be himself out there and make the other team lose their cool

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:20 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
No. Good chance he won't be qualified actually.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Pyzik

The Flyers getting Simmonds means the end of Carcillo

Pyzik is offline   Reply With Quote