HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

RDS Coverage

Old
06-25-2011, 12:48 PM
ludger

vCash: 500
RDS Coverage

Pathetic coverage if your a hab fan, nothing on Didier, Nygren or Dietz. A well prepared bunch.

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:56 PM
katatoniak

Same thing every draft ... just stop listen to them

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
And who are Didier, Nygren or Dietz??

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
And who are Didier, Nygren or Dietz??
You'd think fans would be able to read about them on a sports news website that focuses on the Canadiens, no?

RDS is useless other than for showing the Habs' games.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
There's that new sports chanell coming up soon: they'll HAVE to be better or else...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:34 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
There's that new sports chanell coming up soon: they'll HAVE to be better or else...
Or*else you'll*switch*to cycling at the other station?

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 02:36 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
But they knew a lot about Beaulieu and Archambault!

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Passchendaele

Came on this board to post the exact same thing. For some reason, I've never watched the 2nd round and later in the past. I did today.

Not only did they NOT mention other team's picks unless they were from the QMJHL, but they ALSO never showed a round summary on the screen, or something like that.

It was plain awful.

Passchendaele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 07:01 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
You guys want some cheese?

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Well, if I'm not mistaken, they weren't in St. Paul like the TSN crew.

But they did have some journalists there. As for their knowledge, it's another story.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:22 PM
MoonlightGraham

To be fair, TSN and Sportsnet don't even broadcast the rest of the draft...

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
That's because it's on NHL Network. (Both Canada and US)

RIS broadcast for the French people usually.

Last edited by Fel 96: 06-25-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: meh..
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:28 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

They don't even know the Q guy...when Jonathan Racine got pick Gaston Therien praised him for his offensive ability and bla bla ....WTF ? the guy his all about being a def d-men and has not played much PP all year...in fact he's not really good with the puck on his stick

even Shawinigan Cataractes reporters on twitter made fun of this today

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:41 PM
ruski17

I watched it on nhl.com It's free and the coverage is pretty good.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Souvenirs

Are you surprised? I thought it was clear that RDS is much more about covering(and sucking up to) French Canadians than the Habs.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I really hate Stephane Leroux. People on RDS.ca on legrandclub are all praising him about how he did a good job this weekend and how he should take Timmins place in the organization or becoming the next GM. This guy is a piece of sh * t and all he does is go around Quebec arenas to eat poutine and get even fatter. Seriously, Leroux sucks so bad and he doesn't even know prospects outside the Q. I'm pretty sure we all know even more than all the RDS crew all together. Here's the page with the comments on the bottom.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/170008/posts/116435

Damn this guy knows f * ck all and pretends to be RDS' draft guru..so lame seriously. He knows nothing about junior hockey.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 09:59 PM
yoteshot

Honestly, Leroux is RDS' top guy for the prospects, but they keep putting him to interview the picks, I mean... anyone could do that, don't take your most knowledgeable guy to do that

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
Honestly, Leroux is RDS' top guy for the prospects, but they keep putting him to interview the picks, I mean... anyone could do that, don't take your most knowledgeable guy to do that
If you take the interviews away from him, what will he have left to do? Eat french fries at the Excel Energy Center? Dude, the guy is pathetic and I don't know if you've seen his interview predraft with the top prospects..he's so arrogant when talking to Huberdeau and Couturier and trying to force them to say that they would like to play for the Canadiens. He kept asking: "If you had to choose the team you wanted to play for instead of the other way around; there's no rule or restriction for a prospect to say his preferences; come on, I'm asking you just 1 team..etc." He's pathetic and knows nothing.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:01 PM
DudeDuder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I really hate Stephane Leroux. People on RDS.ca on legrandclub are all praising him about how he did a good job this weekend and how he should take Timmins place in the organization or becoming the next GM. This guy is a piece of sh * t and all he does is go around Quebec arenas to eat poutine and get even fatter. Seriously, Leroux sucks so bad and he doesn't even know prospects outside the Q. I'm pretty sure we all know even more than all the RDS crew all together. Here's the page with the comments on the bottom.

Damn this guy knows f * ck all and pretends to be RDS' draft guru..so lame seriously. He knows nothing about junior hockey.
wtf? you think that reporters who mostly cover the OHL or the WHL know a lot about the QMJHL?

DudeDuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Man... you guys are intense. They did an ok job.

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
Quote:

Well, not that he did a bad job, he actually knows very well the QMJHL imo, but that's all. He knows nothing about WHL, the US, Europe, OHL, etc. I'm sure he didn't know anything about Tinordi when we drafted him, same with Avtsin, Gallagher, etc.

RDS only focuses on home guys and that's pretty annoying. I mean, they act like if Archambault could become a top line forward, like if he was a steal while he's not. In their article about the Habs draft, they just mention the players we drafted, their position and where they played. Not even a little description of their game and their style, while they have a freaking long story about Olivier "Giroux" Archambault.
However, they sure did a okay job during the first round, although Brunet talked over some picks.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeDuder View Post
wtf? you think that reporters who mostly cover the OHL or the WHL know a lot about the QMJHL?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pierre McGuire knows more about the Q players than Stephane Leroux. Even Bob McKenzie knows more than Stephane in the Q. RDS reporters act like the players from the Q are all going to become superstars and that in the lower picks, the Habs should draft them instead of other europeans or NA. Damn it, I'm a Q fan, but sometimes you've got to let the scouting staff do their job, a much better job than just "hearing" about the Q players. I've watched the last part of the RDS coverage and if you did too, you would know that when Leroux and Gelinas talked to Therrien and Flynn, they were joking how Timmins wouldn't face the media(them) to comment about the Canadiens picks and how they wouldn't know anything if Timmins wouldn't comment. It is really annoying to see such a poor team covering the draft. Yes, Flynn and Therrien all are implicated in the QMJHL, but they should be able to know a lot more about the Q players and even more the others. I'm ready to bet that Leroux doesn't know a thing about the other CHLers prospects from the WHL and OHL and he's just watching and reading their description on TSN or NHL.com

Old
06-25-2011, 11:57 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:

ok and what is your background? do you think you can do better?

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
My background is none of your business. We are all posters and fans here. Leroux's job is to be a reporter and he doesn't do a good job at all. There's no need to argue about us and Leroux. But when you compare Leroux to McKenzie, McGuire, and Dregger..he looks pitiful. And yes, some of the posters here, including me, if our real job were to be a reporter and expert on major junior hockey, we would probably all do a much better job than Leroux. Have you watched his "videos" about his own top 10? Pretty superficial and nothing meaningful in them. Player's name, position, team, goal, assists, pts and thats about it.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
I'm sure he knows as much as regular Q-fans about the Q, and that he's like us for the other leagues : He reads reports, looks at stats, and then goes with his speculation of how good the player will be.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote