HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk

View Poll Results: Who do you want? (Lottery pick)
Grigorenko 60 52.63%
Yakupov 48 42.11%
Other 6 5.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 07:53 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
screw you guys i was living 2 mins from the juniors game in Verdun.

Old
06-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
screw you guys i was living 2 mins from the juniors game in Verdun.
Tell me about it! I was so happy, going to a handful of games last season!

Old
06-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Rysmo

I'm hoping to catch more Cape Breton games this year than I did last year to watch Morgan Ellis play, and catch some of the new prospects. Although, you can't blame me for staying away, the Eagles were awful this year.

Old
06-25-2011, 08:15 PM
eaglesmaster
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Any word on if he is coming over to NA?
None that I have heard of. So he will probably slide in the rankings. Big playmaking center, sigh, can only dream

Old
06-25-2011, 08:42 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Only 1 word can describe Nail Yakupov = R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

Old
06-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Yes, got my wish of a new thread already! Fail for Nail..maybe but we desperately need a big center with top end potential. Fail for Nail's linemate, Alex Galchenyuk!!!!!!! --> See Avatar!

2012 is looking to be one of the best draft for defenseman.

One of the posters asked about prediction on rising prospect for the next year.

From the Q: watch out for Raphaël Bussière of Baie-Comeau and Michael Matheson that is going to play in the USHL for the Dubuque Fighting Saints or Boston College in the NCAA.

Coolest name in the draft: Slater Koekkoek of the Peterborough Petes.

Last edited by Jabba11: 06-25-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old
06-25-2011, 11:07 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

My favorite at the moment is Grigorenko. But yeah, 2012 is gonna be epic! The perfect time to win the cup, so much talent that will still be around at 30

Old
06-25-2011, 11:32 PM
habshound247

If you look at last year's prospects, Huberdeau was barely on the map in September and he made it to #3 overall. I'm looking forward to seeing which prospects outperform and fly up the ranks. At least we have all our picks(I think), which will make it more fun.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
If you look at last year's prospects, Huberdeau was barely on the map in September and he made it to #3 overall. I'm looking forward to seeing which prospects outperform and fly up the ranks. At least we have all our picks(I think), which will make it more fun.
And Saad, Musil and Ambroz all were considered as top 5 picks at some point.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
And Saad, Musil and Ambroz all were considered as top 5 picks at some point.
Exactly, a lot can change during a single season. It's all about their progression. Some player progresses a lot (Huberdeau) while some barely impress. At some point during the season, I wanted the Habs to get Saad so much thinking he would become a Getzlaf-type player.

Anyways, are there any powerforwards that would be avalaible during the last half of the 1st round ? I know there's a lot of talentuous defensemen, but I hope we're not going after one with Tinordi, Subban, Beaulieu, etc. in the system. We really need that right-handed, strong center with skills. Galchenyuk or Grigorenko would be perfect, but I doubt we will end up with a lotery pick, unless Price has a major slump.

What's funny is that Yakupov (Gifted goal scorer I guess ?) and Grigorenko (Heard some comparisons with Malkin style of play), if not of the russian factor, could both go #1 and #2. 2004 all over again.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Exactly, a lot can change during a single season. It's all about their progression. Some player progresses a lot (Huberdeau) while some barely impress. At some point during the season, I wanted the Habs to get Saad so much thinking he would become a Getzlaf-type player.

Anyways, are there any powerforwards that would be avalaible during the last half of the 1st round ? I know there's a lot of talentuous defensemen, but I hope we're not going after one with Tinordi, Subban, Beaulieu, etc. in the system. We really need that right-handed, strong center with skills. Galchenyuk or Grigorenko would be perfect, but I doubt we will end up with a lotery pick, unless Price has a major slump.

What's funny is that Yakupov (Gifted goal scorer I guess ?) and Grigorenko (Heard some comparisons with Malkin style of play), if not of the russian factor, could both go #1 and #2. 2004 all over again.
Don't forget Alex Galchenyuk haha my favorite prospect already as you can see. Seriously, yes it's 1 year from now and there's going to be a lot of improvement from players we don't even know about right now. However, these 3 russians: Yakupov(comparable: Ovy but smaller), Grigorenko ( comparable: Malkin) and Galchenyuk (comparable: Hossa), could they all go 1-2-3 respectively? As I recall, there hasn't been 3 russians drafted 1-2-3 in NHL history yet? Maybe next year could be the case lollll That would be insane.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:08 AM
le_sean

Griffin Reinhart is a badass name.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Griffin Reinhart is a badass name.
There's a lot of strange and funny names in this draft. Matt Dumba, Slater Koekkoek, Martin Frk, Zemgus Girgensons (wth is that name... ZEMGUS).

Apparently, Reinhart is from a family of talented hockey players, and I heard of his brother for the 2014 draft.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Shutdown

Quote:
There's a lot of strange and funny names in this draft. Matt Dumba, Slater Koekkoek, Martin Frk, Zemgus Girgensons (wth is that name... ZEMGUS).

Apparently, Reinhart is from a family of talented hockey players, and I heard of his brother for the 2014 draft.
someone took a handful of scrabble letters and threw them on the table

Old
06-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
someone took a handful of scrabble letters and threw them on the table
And he scored 18 points. That's nice. If one of e, u or s is tripled, then that represents his number of goal in the ushl.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Yakupov, Grigorenko, Reinhart, Frk, and Girgensons are certainly already on my radar. Should be interesting to see how the younger Subban and Gudbranson siblings do. More next generation NHLers coming down the pipe, too, with guys like Kristoff Kontos (father Chris Kontos), Stefan Matteau (father Stephane... no joke), and Henrik Samuelsson (father Ulf) coming up. Should be interesting; more interesting than this year's?

Old
06-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yakupov, Grigorenko, Reinhart, Frk, and Girgensons are certainly already on my radar. Should be interesting to see how the younger Subban and Gudbranson siblings do. More next generation NHLers coming down the pipe, too, with guys like Kristoff Kontos (father Chris Kontos), Stefan Matteau (father Stephane... no joke), and Henrik Samuelsson (father Ulf) coming up. Should be interesting; more interesting than this year's?
Much more interesting than this year. As of now, I think we can compare it to 2008 defence wise, and I think that there will be a bunch of them that'll make it to the NHL in the 1st round (Not like 2003, but maybe 20-25 players IMO).
Any insights on Henrik Samuelsson's game ? And which father names their kid with a name that sounds exactly the same ?

Old
06-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Much more interesting than this year. As of now, I think we can compare it to 2008 defence wise, and I think that there will be a bunch of them that'll make it to the NHL in the 1st round (Not like 2003, but maybe 20-25 players IMO).
Any insights on Henrik Samuelsson's game ? And which father names their kid with a name that sounds exactly the same ?
A good friend of mine (whose place I mostly stayed at last time I was in Portage) caught pretty much all of the U-17, not a scout but someone whose hockey brain/eyes/abilities I "trust", and he wouldn't stop going on about him (and Popeye Jones' son, Seth). Basically though, thescoutingreport's blurb is probably all you'll need to hear:

"The son of Ulf Samuelsson was able to generate a lot of scoring chances because he is a big, skilled kid that skates very well for his size. He is very strong and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Samuelsson has a very heavy shot. A tough player to play against. A true power forward."

Old
06-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
A good friend of mine (whose place I mostly stayed at last time I was in Portage) caught pretty much all of the U-17, not a scout but someone whose hockey brain/eyes/abilities I "trust", and he wouldn't stop going on about him (and Popeye Jones' son, Seth). Basically though, thescoutingreport's blurb is probably all you'll need to hear:

"The son of Ulf Samuelsson was able to generate a lot of scoring chances because he is a big, skilled kid that skates very well for his size. He is very strong and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Samuelsson has a very heavy shot. A tough player to play against. A true power forward."
Nice. Hearing that, I would hope the Habs try to snag him. Looks like what we need.

Old
06-26-2011, 02:42 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Ugh Ulf... Blurgh.. his son on the other hand....

Old
06-26-2011, 10:17 AM
katatoniak

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/roster/show/id/7065

Could he be the 2012 Grimaldi ?

Chicoutimi was one of the worst offensive team.

Thanks to Gibson, they make the playoffs.

Old
06-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Yakupov and Galchenyuk on the same line

Old
06-26-2011, 10:35 AM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
i like Frk