HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Video on Kevin Dineen and what panther fans can expect this season

Old
06-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
I've dealt with Dino for six years here in Portland and he was never an eloquent speaker, but with that being said people got the message. He has this way of getting blood from a stone and every player that I've ever spoke too would give every once of their being for him or at least die trying.
Yeah, this is great stuff, we've been missing a guy like this.

06-19-2011, 08:15 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
He was also the captain of the Flyers... How can anybody say anything about Dineen's career looking bad ?
It was a joke

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:42 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
That's great to hear!

FWIW I wasn't knocking the guy. It was in reference to some strange comments on this forum regarding Tallon's body language at the Dineen presser. Tallon isn't very comfortable in front of the cameras.

Tallon isn't an eloquent speaker by any means (which is why Santos usually does the PR talking), but I think people get his message too. I think he & Dineen will work very well together.
Oh... I know it wasn't a knock on Dineen. Dino is a lot like Tallon. I think that's why Florida is the perfect job. Media coverage isn't front page like other markets so he can blend into the area. He's a really strong family guy and I think the fact that Tallon is the GM played a role in his decision to take the job.

He'll drive ya nuts with his lingo and leave you asking "What the hell did he say?" But, his actions will leave no questions about what he's doing.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Jealous!

I watched Kevin Dineen at DU and was always a huge fan of his (rooted for the Whalers because of him). He was the only player in DU history to be made Captain as a sophmore.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote