HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers 2005 Draft Review

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2005, 02:27 AM
BigE

vCash: 500
Rangers 2005 Draft Review

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

There it is. About time, eh.

Old
08-30-2005, 02:37 AM
BigE

Pretty high on Flatt. Still don't like the pick.

Old
08-30-2005, 03:18 AM
Balej20*

When does HF usually update the teams top prospects list?

Old
08-30-2005, 11:10 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
When does HF usually update the teams top prospects list?
They already started updating other teams....so i say in about a month or 2 we'll get our list updated.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:34 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Besides the fact Sather likes to acquireinjured players ( Bure, Lindros, Betts, Roszival, Rucchin-At one point, but has been healthy for 2 full straight 82 game seasons) he goes and draft Sauer and Cliche who both have injuries only to find out he takes Greg Beller another injury prone kid with knee problems.

If Sauer,Cliche and Beller work out then great its a steal and if not, then its waste of picks which could have been used in plenty of other ways.

I can understand taking a chance or 2 on guys but this seems to be a thing with sather and picking up injury prone people. In the 4 or 5 years Sather been here I named 5 vets and 3 prospects and Im sure there are more. Plus since he been here not one pick has been a regular on this squad or really shown potential of being a quality player besides Tyutin and Lundqvist. It dont sound or seem right .

Why is he doing this is it intentionally to hurt NYR cause thats what it seems like. Its not just that its keeping all of NYR prospects down as he keeps signing guys, something about him is not right and I wish he would get fired alreeady I dont think he is doing to many positive things here in NY.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

You take risks... the players you mentioned where injured but I'd say they're far from 'injury prone'... how do you define that? Does one injury make you prone to them?

Old
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

"The Rangers used their fifth selection to head to the Western Hockey League again, selecting their third defenseman of the draft, selecting large Saskatoon blueliner Dalyn Flatt. In picking Flatt with their own third round selection, the Rangers added another invaluable defensive defenseman to their stable, which already included Staal and Sauer.

Flatt had an excellent season for the Blades last year, not bringing dynamite offensive numbers, though 19 points from a defensive-minded defenseman is nothing to scoff at, as he increased his career point totals nearly tenfold. He brought an in-your-face physical style that is lacking on the Rangers blue line. Flatt was third in the WHL in penalty minutes with 237, but this perceived lack of discipline did not adversely affect his defensive game, as he also finished fourth in the league with a +36 rating. A good, if unflashy defensive-minded defenseman, Flatt’s physical presence could be an important contribution for the Rangers in the future."

This Flatt, guy, then... I gather he's a defenseman? An "unflashy" one, that is?

Old
08-30-2005, 08:33 PM
charliemurphy

Guess there isn't much in the review that we didn't already know.
Looking forward to keeping track of Staal and DuPont.
Out of the entire draft I think those two can really turn into NHL players, maybe Sauer as well.

Old
08-31-2005, 08:03 AM
BLACKBURN

To be honest the draft review was not any more informative than the threads we have already had on this page. It seemed to point out the obvious with very little in deph knowledge.

I would value a guy like draft guru or edge's assesments more than that of the guy who wrote the article (no dis-respect to him.)

Old
08-31-2005, 10:33 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
To be honest the draft review was not any more informative than the threads we have already had on this page. It seemed to point out the obvious with very little in deph knowledge.

I would value a guy like draft guru or edge's assesments more than that of the guy who wrote the article (no dis-respect to him.)
You mean no disrespect to the them. Look at the bottom: Jason Ahrens, Aaron Vickers, Sean Keogh, Guy Flaming and Holly Gunning contributed to this article.

Old
09-01-2005, 12:18 PM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
You mean no disrespect to the them. Look at the bottom: Jason Ahrens, Aaron Vickers, Sean Keogh, Guy Flaming and Holly Gunning contributed to this article.

"Written by Phil Laugher on 08/29/2005"

"I would value a guy like draft guru or edge's assesments more than that of the guy who wrote the article (no dis-respect to him.)"

To be honest I dont really care about your attempt at being a smart *** but read what I wrote and then look at the top tof the article. It does not matter who wrote it, the point was that I do not value their opinion after reading it, no matter who they were.

Old
09-01-2005, 07:05 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
"Written by Phil Laugher on 08/29/2005"

"I would value a guy like draft guru or edge's assesments more than that of the guy who wrote the article (no dis-respect to him.)"

To be honest I dont really care about your attempt at being a smart *** but read what I wrote and then look at the top tof the article. It does not matter who wrote it, the point was that I do not value their opinion after reading it, no matter who they were.
Ah, the wonders of the internet. I was agreeing with you. I guess I didn't make my post's intentions very clear to you. What I meant by the post is that they (HF) don't even have somebody to write up an article for the Rangers draft. Instead they had to get everybody on the staff to "contribute" reviews on prospects that they have seen while crediting the person that gelled the whole article together. That is why you get a pretty damned bland article with no new information provided and little in the way of relating the prospects/picks to the organizational needs. I think it's pretty pathetic considering what they had in Edge, Brandon, and Evan. I was just throwing fuel onto the fire already started by others in this post.

Old
09-02-2005, 08:35 AM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Ah, the wonders of the internet. I was agreeing with you. I guess I didn't make my post's intentions very clear to you. What I meant by the post is that they (HF) don't even have somebody to write up an article for the Rangers draft. Instead they had to get everybody on the staff to "contribute" reviews on prospects that they have seen while crediting the person that gelled the whole article together. That is why you get a pretty damned bland article with no new information provided and little in the way of relating the prospects/picks to the organizational needs. I think it's pretty pathetic considering what they had in Edge, Brandon, and Evan. I was just throwing fuel onto the fire already started by others in this post.
Sorry, I now see how that could have been interpreted differently. I thought you were making a point that it wasnt just one person but more than one and so I had made an error in saying just the one.

I cant agree more, the term you used "bland" is spot on. Again I dont ave anything against the people who write for HF and I know they are voluneering, however I dont feel the quality of the article was very high.

Old
09-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Edge

"Bland" was the reason I left and the reason I'm not interested in coming back.

I could care less about anything other than embarassing myself and people's expectations of me.

I won't write anywhere I can't write my style. It's an insult to the people who expect to actually see something different from me.

Having said that I appreciate the efforts of the volunteers, i understand all too well what they're going through.

Closed Thread