HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2011 Futbol Thread--Que Golaso!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2011, 10:59 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

vCash: 500
If this gets Bradley fired and gets us Klinnsman then good riddance, happy with this result then.

Just disgusting watching the way this team fails always on defense

Old
06-25-2011, 11:01 PM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
If this gets Bradley fired and gets us Klinnsman then good riddance, happy with this result then.

Just disgusting watching the way this team fails always on defense
Agreed on all counts

Old
06-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Theon
Fear the Beard

what a horrendous performance. there's no decent player in this team, none IMO dempsey's close but that's about it. bob bradley needs to go and i hope we find a better player to command the midfield other than mike bradley. stuart holden can't come back soon enough

Old
06-25-2011, 11:07 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Bob Bradley should be fired after tonight. Unfortunately USA Soccer doesn't have the balls to get rid of him. This team won't win jack with Bradley at the helm.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:08 PM
TomLaidlaw

Losing Dolo was a huge blow. Not only do you lose his steady play and ability to jump into the attack, but his replacement Bornstein is an absolute train wreck.

Adu looked really impressive. One of the few bright spots for the USA.

I understand that Goodson is dangerous in the air on set plays but he terrifies me on the back line.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:09 PM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
what a horrendous performance. there's no decent player in this team, none IMO dempsey's close but that's about it. bob bradley needs to go and i hope we find a better player to command the midfield other than mike bradley. stuart holden can't come back soon enough
For better or for worse, Dempsey has not changed in 10 years. Still makes some beautiful moves. Still makes some egregious moves.

We don't really have anyone making moves coming up and haven't for a good 4 years.

Davies was a good hope, even as a backender, but that's not helping now.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:10 PM
ecemleafs

Bornstein and Klejstan just can't be regulars for a good national team. Barely footballers.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:11 PM
owedoyle

IF nothing else, I'm happy it looks like we're done playing the Grand Canyon of defense, Oguchi Onyewu

Old
06-25-2011, 11:20 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

how embarrassing...every fan there is mexican in LA

Old
06-25-2011, 11:21 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by owedoyle View Post
IF nothing else, I'm happy it looks like we're done playing the Grand Canyon of defense, Oguchi Onyewu
yeah the alternative was so much better....

Old
06-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 600
So what does this mean, USA won't be in the FIFA World Cup?

06-25-2011, 11:41 PM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
yeah the alternative was so much better....
ha true.

Let's face it. American soccer, on both the men's and women's side, will be a better media package than an actual team for the next 5 years until some (please let this be true) talent develops.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
So what does this mean, USA won't be in the FIFA World Cup?
No, this was qualifying for the Confederations Cup. World Cup qualifying is different.

It's just pain.
Old
06-25-2011, 11:49 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013

Old
06-25-2011, 11:51 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
ha true.

Let's face it. American soccer, on both the men's and women's side, will be a better media package than an actual team for the next 5 years until some (please let this be true) talent develops.
if everyone eligible played for us we would be sick. missed out on a world class striker in rossi whos born in new jersey and a CB subotic whos a star in the bundesliga and has represented us at youth levels but chose a different route as a senior international.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Epic game, was for sure.

Mexico showed better skill on the ball and good attacking speed, they were the better team for sure.

Dissapointed we wont have the confed cup, but losses happen. People need to stop fussing over M. Bradley as he is a very capable holding midfielder, and is better than Edu.

06-25-2011, 11:57 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
both Bradleys need to be gone!

Old
06-26-2011, 12:29 AM
The New Originals

To be honest, I thought USA's play was pretty underwhelming throughout most of the CONCACAF games this year. It just hurts so much more seeing us blow a 2-0 lead in the final.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:36 AM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
People need to stop fussing over M. Bradley as he is a very capable holding midfielder, and is better than Edu.
I'm pretty sure we're fussing over his father.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Notes:

Freddy Adu is starting with a clean slate and has impressed me in his short stint.

Bradley's middle name should be "Square" because that's the only pass he makes.

Losing Cherundolo early hurt us.

Team Mexico was diving around all night and the ref wasn't very unbiased.

There are not many skilled forwards on Team USA and their Defense was suspect too. USA needs a sniper and the Rangers need a playmaker... they can have Gaborik and we can take Donovan.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:43 AM
owedoyle

But back to Onyewu.

The guy was a dreadful defender. His sole role was to grab two opps on the header opportunities, and was dreadful at those as well.

The talent pool ain't too deep unfortunately, and in the past couple years it's been getting worse.

Old
06-26-2011, 09:39 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
But back to Onyewu.

The guy was a dreadful defender. His sole role was to grab two opps on the header opportunities, and was dreadful at those as well.

The talent pool ain't too deep unfortunately, and in the past couple years it's been getting worse.
Gooch wasn't the same after the serious knee injury he suffered in the final qualifying game for the last World Cup. I think the peak performance for Gooch and Demerit in the middle of our defense was against Spain in the last confederations cup. They both played terrific as Spain bombarded us the final 30 mins of that game.

Our performance in this Gold Cup is really alarming to me. Some may look at the scores and say that our defense played really well posting 4 shutouts in the tourney. However, I saw something different. I saw multiple defensive breakdowns. The shutouts were more a reflection of the quality of sides we faced and their inability to finish. The last two games we played against quality sides (Spain + Mexico) our defense has been dismantled.

You're absolutely correct about the talent pool in regards to our back line. It is going to be a problem and I don't see much help coming. God help us when Dolo retires from international play. I have never been a fan of Bocanegra. I just don't see him as a quality defender. I understand that he is the captain and leader on the back but I just don't see what Bradley sees in him.

As a previous poster mentioned, this is what makes the loss of Subotić to Serbia so painful. He is exactly what this team needs. The fact that he was in the US system up until the U-17 team is really frustrating. Throw in the decision of Rossi to play for Italy and it really hurts. We could have had a world class striker who is only 24 years old and centre back who is only 22 years old.

Where we are as a nation with our development system we simply can't afford to lose players like that. A team like Spain has such a wealth of talent it is scary. Cesc FÓbregas has a hard time getting on the field for Spain. If he was on the USA team he would be the best Midfielder not only on our current team but quite possibly in the history of USA soccer.

Old
06-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we're fussing over his father.
Oh yeah, and I have no beef with that, but the US soccer fanbase on the whole gives M. Bradley far too much crap. He is easily ahead of Edu in terms of all around play; until Holden gets back there shouldnt be any controversy at all.

Old
06-26-2011, 10:49 AM
ThisYearsModel

The USA needs a real coach, and a scheme that leads to success. That was embarrassing.

Old
06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
NCRanger

What gets me is that we probably have triple the number of kids playing some sort of organized soccer than any other country in the world, yet we can't find ONE that can actually score goals regularly?

I cannot believe that all the "good" soccer players in this country all of a sudden shift to football at age 12-13.

Closed Thread