HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #1

View Poll Results: Who is the top Rangers prospect?
Tim Erixon 26 20.47%
Chris Kreider 55 43.31%
Chris Thomas 1 0.79%
Ryan McDonagh 44 34.65%
Dylan Mcilrath 1 0.79%
J.T. Miller 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2011, 11:47 AM
  #1
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,894
vCash: 500
Rangers Prospect Poll: #1

The draft is over and so is last season. In addition, we also acquired Tim Erixon and Lindberg, and lost Grachev, Horak and Werek to a trade, as well as Sauer and Stepan to graduation. And so it's once again time to vote on our top prospects.


THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

CATEGORIES: We'll have top 25 prospects with 5 unranked honorable mentions. The top 10 will be "Top Prospects", the second 10 will be "Second-Tier" and the final 5 will be "Projects & Suspects".

Don't forget to list who you want added to the poll in the next round.

The previous rankings from the winter of 2011:

TOP PROSPECTS

1. (0) C Derek Stepan
2. (0) LW Chris Kreider
3. (+2) RW Mats Zuccarrello-Aasen
4. (+8) D Michael Sauer
5. (+1) D Dylan McIlrath
6. (-2) D Ryan McDonagh
7. (-4) LW Evgeny Grachev
8. (+1) RW Christian Thomas
9. (+1) LW Carl Hagelin
10. (-3) C Ethan Werek


SECOND TIER PROSPECTS

11. (+1) D Pavel Valentenko
12. (+5) LW Roman Horak
13. (+8) RW Jesper Fasth
14. (+4) D Tomas Kundratek
15. (-1) LW Ryan Bourque
16. (-8) RW Dale Weise
17. (+2) C Andrew Yogan
18. (-7) G Chad Johnson
19. (-4) D Mikhail Pashnin
20. (NR) C Chad Kolarik


PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

21. (+10) G Cam Talbot
22. (-2) LW Brodie Dupont
23. (+10) C Max Campbell
24. (+8) LW Jason Wilson
25. (-3) D Jyri Niemi


HONORABLE MENTIONS

* G Scott Stajcer
* D Dan Maggio
* RW Randy McNaught
* LW Devin DiDiomete
* LW Justin Soryal
* C Danny Hobbs

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:50 AM
  #2
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,894
vCash: 500
Voted for Tim Erixon. Several sources (THN, the re-draft of 2009) ranked him above Kreider, and the Rangers think he's already top-4 and may be top-2. That's a hell of a prospect.

Add Carl Hagelin, who I am hoping will make the NHL this year.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:52 AM
  #3
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Definitely either Tim Erixon or McD, I went with Erixon. Kreiders slowed development and decision to stay at the NCAA level pushed him to 3 in my books.

Like Esq said, most scouts has Erixon rated higher higher then any of our other prospects as well.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:54 AM
  #4
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
I'm on the Erixon bandwagon. Erixon, Kreider, and McD are to me the top 3, with Thomas, Zucc, McI, Miller fighting in the second tier.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:54 AM
  #5
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Kreider, add Hagelin

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:55 AM
  #6
Dilettante
Registered User
 
Dilettante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
McD, add Hagelin

Dilettante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:56 AM
  #7
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,894
vCash: 500
Between Erixon, Kreider and McDonagh, this may be the closest first round vote ever. Usually, someone just runs away with the #1 rank.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:01 PM
  #8
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,633
vCash: 500
I don't know why he still counts but I went with the semi-proven McDonagh.

Add Carl Hagelin

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
  #9
NYR425
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Voted McDonagh because he showed so well in the show last season

Add Hagelin

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
  #10
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,949
vCash: 50
Awards:
McDonagh, add Hagelin.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
  #11
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
Oh, and add Zuccarello, if that wasn't properly inferred.

After that second 4, We get into Lindberg, Bourque, Vtank, Weise, Fogarty, Fasth, - really will be a bit of a crapshoot after Zucc likely goes 7th.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:08 PM
  #12
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I don't know why he still counts but I went with the semi-proven McDonagh.

Add Carl Hagelin
Only 40 some odd games. Personally i feel MDZ is still a prospect as well

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:12 PM
  #13
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,296
vCash: 500
McD, because he's shown that he fits in at the NHL level, which Erixon hasn't done yet.

Add Hagelin

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:14 PM
  #14
Dustin Peener
boom boom
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,807
vCash: 400
Kreider, add Hagelin

Dustin Peener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:22 PM
  #15
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!
 
MrAlmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: R.I.P.
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
McD. Add Zucc.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
  #16
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
Happy to say that this is the most difficult top spot I've ever had to consider in one of these polls since joining these boards during the lockout. For me, it was pretty much a four-way tie. In my mind, McDonagh and Thomas caught up to Kreider this year and Erixon joins at about the same ranking. Going with Kreider, simply because I believe that he will take that next step and, if he does, will put some distance between himself and the other three again.

EDIT: add Fasth.

Really looking forward to these rankings. Personally, upside is the biggest factor in my voting (followed by probability of reaching that upside, THEN progress to date), so I'm going to be voting for Fogarty/St. Croix/McColgan as early as the 6-10 range. Loved this draft.


Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 06-26-2011 at 12:49 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:55 PM
  #17
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,866
vCash: 500
Went with McDonagh. Kreider next, then Erixon, then CT.

I think McDonagh has all the tools to be a top 4 two-way d-men who can bring spectacular defense while being knowledgeable on offense as well.

Add Hags.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:12 PM
  #18
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
Voted Erixon. I don't quite consider McDonagh a prospect anymore, so that's why I went with Erixon. I think he's the most NHL ready out of the group and is quite talented.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:51 PM
  #19
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,274
vCash: 500
Chris Kreider. Add MZA.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:56 PM
  #20
bettercallstaal
Stepan Stepan Stepan
 
bettercallstaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wingdale
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
Voted Erixon. I don't quite consider McDonagh a prospect anymore, so that's why I went with Erixon. I think he's the most NHL ready out of the group and is quite talented.
by HF rules he still may be a prospect. He was so solid though that it's hard for me to view him as such.
I'm going with Kreider though as his development is probably more important than McDonagh's. Not to say that Mcdonagh isn't important but we desperately need help in the scoring department.


Last edited by bettercallstaal: 06-26-2011 at 02:02 PM.
bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:05 PM
  #21
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,097
vCash: 500
Kreider...add MZA.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:11 PM
  #22
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
The draft is over and so is last season. In addition, we also acquired Tim Erixon and Lindberg, and lost Grachev, Horak and Werek to a trade, as well as Sauer and Stepan to graduation. And so it's once again time to vote on our top prospects.


THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

CATEGORIES: We'll have top 25 prospects with 5 unranked honorable mentions. The top 10 will be "Top Prospects", the second 10 will be "Second-Tier" and the final 5 will be "Projects & Suspects".

Don't forget to list who you want added to the poll in the next round.

The previous rankings from the winter of 2011:

TOP PROSPECTS

1. (0) C Derek Stepan
2. (0) LW Chris Kreider
3. (+2) RW Mats Zuccarrello-Aasen
4. (+8) D Michael Sauer
5. (+1) D Dylan McIlrath
6. (-2) D Ryan McDonagh
7. (-4) LW Evgeny Grachev
8. (+1) RW Christian Thomas
9. (+1) LW Carl Hagelin
10. (-3) C Ethan Werek


SECOND TIER PROSPECTS

11. (+1) D Pavel Valentenko
12. (+5) LW Roman Horak
13. (+8) RW Jesper Fasth
14. (+4) D Tomas Kundratek
15. (-1) LW Ryan Bourque
16. (-8) RW Dale Weise
17. (+2) C Andrew Yogan
18. (-7) G Chad Johnson
19. (-4) D Mikhail Pashnin
20. (NR) C Chad Kolarik


PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

21. (+10) G Cam Talbot
22. (-2) LW Brodie Dupont
23. (+10) C Max Campbell
24. (+8) LW Jason Wilson
25. (-3) D Jyri Niemi


HONORABLE MENTIONS

* G Scott Stajcer
* D Dan Maggio
* RW Randy McNaught
* LW Devin DiDiomete
* LW Justin Soryal
* C Danny Hobbs
winter of 2011? your flux capacitor got fixed i take it?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:11 PM
  #23
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
McDonagh
Erixon
Kreider
Thomas
McIlrath

Will be how I'm voting.

Add Hagelin.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:13 PM
  #24
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,162
vCash: 500
add mza

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:20 PM
  #25
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
Is McD even considered a prospect anymore?

I voted Erixon but would have voted McD but don't think he's a prospect...

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.