HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign Bryzgalov, 9 yrs, $5.66M cap hit (report in post #717)

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2011, 12:14 AM
ilovetheflyers8

vCash: 500
At least we won't have to hear about how the team hasn't had a good goalie since Hextall anymore. I like the cap hit, but not the length, though I guess we needed one to get the other.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 06-24-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old
06-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
At least we won't have to hear about how the team hasn't had a good goalie since Hextall any more. I like the cap hit, but not the length, though I guess we needed one to get the other.

It's already started, we now have a goalie with no Playoff success.

Old
06-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Flyerfan4life

dam this has been a awesome day of Flyers news..

im genuinely excited for the season to start again, just to see how the NEW team looks/performs.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:17 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

It's funny that yesterday, Homgren said that the two parties weren't close to a deal yet...and today Bryz is a Flyer. I've wanted the guy on this team for a couple of years now, so I love this aside from the crazy term of the contract.

Old
06-24-2011, 01:24 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
It's funny that yesterday, Homgren said that the two parties weren't close to a deal yet...and today Bryz is a Flyer. I've wanted the guy on this team for a couple of years now, so I love this aside from the crazy term of the contract.
It's to quiet down the rumor mill and just wait for an official announcement.

Old
06-24-2011, 07:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
The first rule about being a Flyers fan is never believing what these guys say at their word.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The first rule about being a sports fan is never believing what these guys say at their word.
Fixed that for you.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
I had some info from a reliable source that the Flyers had a deal to get Bryzgalov from Phoenix two years ago at the deadline but the Flyer involved wouldn't waive his NTC.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

If Bryz doesn't win a cup within 3 years he'll be run out of town by the fans... that's my take on it.

I am glad he is here, ecstatic - minus Bob situation....

Carter trade I like more and more. Richards - FML <<<------ no need for it, NONE.

Old
06-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Schenn10

Don't know if its been posted yet, but this is an absolutely hysterical video of bryz. His part starts at about the 1:00 mark

Old
06-26-2011, 02:09 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

I have never been more happy about a signing than this. This is the 2nd time during holmgren's tenure that he signed the player i wanted. i prayed that we didnt get drury or gomez and we got the guy i wanted in briere. now i really thought we were gonna be forced to sign vokoun. This is outside the box and unprecedented but exactly the right move. I love how people act like the media in philly is so intimidating. who, tim pannaccio? loser. that new dude seravalli? and nobody cares about eskin. Bryzgalov will eat them alive and i also think he will perform above expectations. People hate holmgren because they get man crushes on players, but this is about a cup. only a cup. We tried and failed with that team. now instead of praying, hoping and standing still he uses his power to change and create before he loses it. only truely bad move made is shelley. This is not over either. I am really lookin forward to not having to pray we get out of our 3 0 first period hole game after game this year. I will now purchase my byzgalov jersey.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:22 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyers View Post
Don't know if its been posted yet, but this is an absolutely hysterical video of bryz. His part starts at about the 1:00 mark

LMAO

Thanks for sharing haha

Old
06-26-2011, 04:11 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
I have never been more happy about a signing than this. This is the 2nd time during holmgren's tenure that he signed the player i wanted. i prayed that we didnt get drury or gomez and we got the guy i wanted in briere. now i really thought we were gonna be forced to sign vokoun. This is outside the box and unprecedented but exactly the right move. I love how people act like the media in philly is so intimidating. who, tim pannaccio? loser. that new dude seravalli? and nobody cares about eskin. Bryzgalov will eat them alive and i also think he will perform above expectations. People hate holmgren because they get man crushes on players, but this is about a cup. only a cup. We tried and failed with that team. now instead of praying, hoping and standing still he uses his power to change and create before he loses it. only truely bad move made is shelley. This is not over either. I am really lookin forward to not having to pray we get out of our 3 0 first period hole game after game this year. I will now purchase my byzgalov jersey.
Ya might want to spell it the right way before you get it!

Bryz sounds like quite the character so it will be fun watching his interviews. As for the media, scary no, idiotic yes.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:23 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Ya might want to spell it the right way before you get it!

Bryz sounds like quite the character so it will be fun watching his interviews. As for the media, scary no, idiotic yes.
i'll just get a Schmyzgalov jersey. or another new guy. simmons. i'm gettin a richard simmons jersey.

Old
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
ggro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post

Haha yeah, Bryzgalov is hilarious in interviews.

Old
06-28-2011, 11:05 PM
ilovetheflyers8

I wonder if Bryzgalov knew the Richards and Carter trades were going to happen, and if that would have or did impact his signing with us?

Old
06-29-2011, 08:37 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I wonder if Bryzgalov knew the Richards and Carter trades were going to happen, and if that would have or did impact his signing with us?
Bryz is the bomb and i think he's the best goalie in the NHL (tim thomas's motivations will change dramatically from here on in i think) but i'm pretty sure he wanted the casshhh. that and he trusts us becaue of our insane desire to win unlike any other team but he was lookin for a payout and thank god we delivered. He knew we were up against the cap and if we were gonna sign him heads were gonna roll. I doubt considering what we got it would make a difference to him, i also gotta think they were slightly privy to what went down.

Old
07-01-2011, 03:11 AM
SteveH

Has there been any semblance of a press conference over this? I understand he's lounging about the Black Sea, but c'mon we do have Sea Isle. Everyone goes there... apparently.

Old
07-01-2011, 04:22 AM
SolidSnakeUS

All I know is, I hope he has another funny interview with us.

Old
07-12-2011, 10:24 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 670
Jay Greenberg has a CSN article:

http://www.csnphilly.com/07/12/11/bG...633&feedID=695

Quote:
“Bryzgalov is one of those goalies that psychologically can beat you,” said a coach of many years in the Western Conference. “There’s a feeling sometimes when you play against him you are not going to score, which forces players to squeeze sticks too tight or think you have to overwhelm him with shots on goal.

“He makes players drop their heads. And those kinds of goalies are unique. As a coach, you run around all over the place trying to fix problems, when, in fact, the problem usually is in goal.”

Anybody reading this know a team like he described? But would anybody who is reading this know Bryzgalov if they fell over him? And now that we mention it, yikes, couldn’t that happen, too?

“He’s been durable,” said the coach. “Another big reason to like him.”

07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
BernieParent

Bryzgalov is one of TSN's feature stories (picked up from AP).

Quote:
"I want to be the guy who can carry this team," Bryzgalov said in a conference call Monday. "I want to help this team win the Stanley Cup because people in Philadelphia and the organization have waited long enough. I want to win the Stanley Cup also and I think we have similar ideas, similar goals. That's why we have to work hard and reach this goal. Pressure. We have to deal with the pressure every way and every day in our lives, hockey, everywhere."

Old
07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Doyle

Bryzgalov Wants to Win Cup Now; Drury in Flyers Plans?
http://nhlhotstove.com/bryzgalov-wan...-flyers-plans/

Transcript of Conference Call with Ilya Bryzgalov
http://nhlhotstove.com/transcript-of...lya-bryzgalov/

Old
07-13-2011, 07:30 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

it bothers me that the people criticizin this move point to last years retarded playoffs as why this is bad and why he sucks. the coyotes suck. the red wings are good. he let in one maybe two bad goals. and he was obviously clued into the fact that they werent winnin a cup. it was a fact. look at 2006 or 2007 for some nice bryzgalov playoff performances. i was floored when we had biron and phoenix took him off waivers. i wanted him then. he is the best goalie in the league. now he is on a real team. thank you. bye bye.

Old
06-25-2013, 04:19 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Well.....you know this was coming...

BUMP....or should I say THUMP!

Old
06-25-2013, 04:26 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus